• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MD45: Baez vs. Chris Jones - Mayhem Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Despite reclaiming his property back at Unscripted, Baez was immediately challenged by Chris Jones, which has been granted by Chuck Myles. Will the Mayhem Champion still remain focused now that his property is back within his hands or will he be second guessing as to whether the Crashin Movement will strike again?

Deadline for RPs is Tuesday 14th September 23:59 EST

The scene opens at a WZCW house show. As the crowd is seen roaring in delight, the Mayhem champ's music hits.

[youtube]tjRmhxqWmVU[/youtube]

He walks down the aisle with Alisha by his side and the Mayhem Championship tied to his left arm. They step into the ring to a loud roar from the crowd as Baez grabs the mic.

Baez: Looky what I got's here!

Baez lifts the Mayhem belt with a string still tied to it.

Baez: Yup. I've lost this thing so many times, I think I should invest in some insurance for it. I gotta wonder, with all those car insurance commercials going around, if one would be so desperate as to offer "Championship Insurance".

"DISCOUNT!"

Alisha: Sounds more like a contract clause a certain dead company would offer.

Baez stares at Alisha for a bit.

Baez: "Holy fourth wall smash, Batman!"

Anyway, I came here for more than cracking lame jokes. Seeing how so many of my fellow comrades have decided to make "addresses" online regarding The 'Z, I decided to join in on the latest craze. Sadly, I don't have the slightest clue how to use a computer. One time, I tried to turn it on by aiming a lighter at it and pushing buttons, like if it was a damn gas stove or something. So I just decided on doing it the old fashined way. By cutting a promo. In the ring. Not at the Transylvania Airport. Not at the outskirts of Metropolis. Not at a Soccer game. In the ring. Like a regular wrestler does. So now, for all my Headbangers out there...

Alisha: Ladies, gents and fellow Headbangers of all ages, welcome to the very first edition of "Waddap In Da 'Z"! With your host, that guy!

She points at Baez.

Baez: Thank you, miss over the top. First things first, I would like to extent my deepest respects to Titus "Red Mask" Averson and Lars "Vengeance" Reidar. They paved the way for guys like me in this company. They will be missed. Shame me and Red Mask never hooked up. Masks would fly off the shelves for sure.

Alisha: Nice cheap plugs.

Baez: Gotta get some sales somehow. Unless you'd rather do "other stuff".

Baez does a wolf howl whistle at Alisha while she just looks mad.

Baez: Heh heh. Anyway, how about that Ty Burna. From Mayhem Champion, to World Champion. Great thing he did there. But I think I can top him. How does World slash Mayhem Champion sound?

The crowd cheers.

Baez: Good to know. I used to wonder if there was something to the Crashin's before they unmasked. Then they did. And the true colors showed. A pack of idiots that had it all in their favor, then tossed their one advantage away. Brilliant move. I just hope they leave me the hell alone. I think I've stained myself with their blood enough times already. I used to think Constantine had something to do with this. I still have my suspicions, but if I'm right, I really question his legitimacy as a politicians. I'm pretty sure they're not that dumb.

You know, after a while, you get bored with your current accomplishments. Therefor, I've decided to spice things up for myself. Seeing how I've been jumped from behind for the past weeks and how alert I was over it, I've decided to make an open challenge to anybody in th...

Suddenly the arena lights flicker on and off and a unusual sound goes off. Baez, startled, begins to look around to see what caused this. He then spots Alisha looking at her phone.

Baez: Thanks for being alert, babe.

Alisha: That was my phone. I just got an e-mail. It says... and I quote... "Never mind an open challenge. At Unscripted, you were already challenged by "The Savior" Chris Jones. I believe a true fighting champion should accept any challenge as opposed to acting like a goof or an answering machine. Therefor, I've decided that at Meltdown, you will defend your Mayhem Championship against Chris Jones, one on one. I'm happy you got your title back, but the show must go on. Thank you for your help is solving this case.

In one final note, enough with the Constantine paranoia. It's getting old.

Kindly, your boss.
Chuck Myles"

A dead silence is heard for a bit.

Alisha: I think it's for you.

Baez: Nah... I don't believe you.

Alisha looks angrily at Baez.

Baez: How the hell did your cell phone trigger that seizure inducing flicker, anyway? But more importantly, just how in the rowdy blue hell did Chuckie write that damn novel about two seconds after I made that challenge? Is he wired to a computer or something? Good God!!

So I fight... Wait, what was his name again?

Alisha: Chris Jones? Tall blond guy. Says he's saving this company from yadda yadda. Walked into your locker room at Unscripted and challenged you to a match.

Baez: He did? I must've not be around. I don't recall.

Alisha: You started acting like an answering machine.

Baez: Well how can I get back to him, if the idiot doesn't leave a message? "Um, yeah, sorry I missed you. I just wanted to challenge you to a title match. Call me back when you can. Bye." Was that really so hard to say?

Alisha facepalms.

Baez: No wait, serious for a bit here. He caught me in a good mood. I just got my title back after beating a bunch of wannabe Scooby Doo bad guys. I could go for a round with a serious guy. Make that round with some good Kickassery. Which I will kindly shove up his phone jack. I believe we've got some bars here. Good to make a call. So I'll dial. And contact all my fellow Headbangers. And tell them to meet me next Friday. Live at Meltdown. To see me fight Chris Jones. And effectively save him from total stiffness. And constipation. I truly believed for a bit he was the "secret" leader of the Crashin's. Then I recalled he thought Chuckie stole my title in a rather convoluted scheme to boost ratings. I still see no logic in that. I guess he's not that bright. Alisha is freakin' hot. I wear a mask. Burger King sells Whoppers. While I keep pointing to the obvious, I'll just say it. Jones has no chance. Not even a group of misfit gangsters could beat me. How will one, albeit goofy fellow, hope to beat me? I have no idea. Neither does, he probably. Anyway, before I hang up and trigger the seizure setting for the arena lights, let me remind you. Meltdown. Title match. Me. Some other guy. Revolution. To be televised. Kickassery. I now call my fans Headbangers. I have too many catchphrases and zero gear to write it on. What was I babbling about?

Alisha: Your match with Jones?

Baez: Dick Jones?

Alisha: Chris Jones.

Baez: Oh. Wait, who?

Alisha: Just finish already.

Baez: Be there, be there, be there. For what? I totally forgot. See ya Friday, folks. Or.. Headbangers if you prefer.

Baez's music hits as the two head up the ramp. The house show rolls on.

*camera cuts to static for a few minutes before showing Chris Jones, sitting in a chair in a darkened room, staring intently into the camera*

Jones: Let me start off by making something very, very clear: I'm not here to talk to you people. I'm not here to talk about what I'm going to do to Baez or to the Crash-Test Dummy Movement or to anyone else. No, you people are just bystanders while I talk to someone much more important. This message, that I am sending out right now, is specifically for Baez himself.

*Jones then leans forward, a grin creeping up his face*

Jones: Hello, Baez. You probably know me as the one who's about to take your title on Meltdown this week. Well, not exactly. You see, I don't need to take your title away on Meltdown. I already have.

*Jones then reaches outside of the camera's frame and pulls into it a belt that looks exactly like the Mayhem Title*

Jones: *gasps dramatically* Oh my! How did this get here? Looks like you proved your incompetency yet again, Killjoy. Someone has yanked the belt from under your nose while you weren't paying attention. And I imagine as you're watching this that you're frantically searching your belongings for the belt you so cherish. Well, here's what I want you to do: Stop, clean the shit out of your drawers, and relax. This belt is a fake.

*Jones casually tosses the fake belt outside of the frame and leans back*

Jones: I imagine that you're now paying attention to what I'm saying, whereas before you weren't. That in itself is the problem I have with you. Never mind the whole "leader of a division of untalented and violent barbarians", no, I'm past that. My problem with you now is much more personal.

*Jones leans forward again, glaring into the camera, tight-lipped*

Jones: It took a group of no-name jobbers resorting to a petty crime like theft to grab your attention. I just proved to you that anyone can take a belt away from you. But when I come along and not only threaten to take away your belt, but the right to hold that belt and call yourself "champion", you act as though I'm beneath you. If you were looking to get under my skin, Baez, congratulations: You succeeded.

*Jones runs a hand through his hair, continuing*

Jones: And I tried to ignore it. I tried to tell myself "Don't worry about it, when he's distracted with them, you can take the belt from him properly". But that's not good enough for me. No, I don't want to take the belt from you while you're looking past me. I want to take that belt while you're looking at me, and I want to hold it in your face and tell you "This doesn't belong to you anymore". I want you to realize that you didn't lose because of someone else. I want you to realize, to truly understand, that you lost to me because of your own shortcomings.

*Jones grits his teeth, hating what he knows he has to say next*

Jones: You act like you don't know who I am. So, I'm going to remedy that situation. I'm going to tell you exactly who I am, so you know exactly who you lost to after Meltdown: My full name is Christopher Hunter Jones. I grew up in a dingy little neighbourhood in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, just outside of a steel plant, so suffice to say, I was a dirty, dirty boy. From my early elementary school days to my high school graduation, I was bullied relentlessly. Inside and outside my own family. But unlike some people who can't get over those things, I don't let that drive my hatred. I couldn't if I wanted to, because I don't hate humanity, Baez. Truth be told, I love it. And that's why I want to make it better. I chose the name "Savior" because that's what I chose to be. I want the world to be a better place, and since no one else is going to do it, I have to. I understand that more and more will hate me for it, but I've dealt with that my entire life, I can deal with it some more.

*Jones sighs, face now calm and collected*

Jones: I say I know what's best for you because I do know what's best for you. And what's best for YOU, Baez, is this: Focus on me. Focus on facing me and hoping that you can retain due to the will of whatever God you believe in. Because it's only through the act of a merciful God that you can beat me. And if you can't do that, then just accept the fact that by next week, the world will have a new Master of Mayhem. And you were just introduced to him. I suggest you remember the name of The Savior Chris Jones.

*camera slowly fades to black as Jones smiles not one of his trademark mad grins, but a small, calm smile*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back