MD43: Big Dave vs. Mark Hancock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Big Dave managed to wipe the slate clean after defeating former rival Garth Black last week, now he faces a returning Mark Hancock who mysteriously disappeared after the events of Redemption. Will Big Dave show Hancock that it was a mistake to leave this company or will Hancock show the EurAsian Champion a thing or two that he picked up from his time away?

Deadline is Tuesday 27th July 23:59 EST

We find Hancock in his house with beer cans all over his body and dark bags under his eyes with a heavy beard

Hancock: Aughhh.

He knocks the cans off his body as he stumbles over to the fridge.

Hancock: I used to be amazing. I was a great rookie in the best promotion in the world, now look at me. I used to have cat-like reflexes.

A fly lands on his face and he slowly rubs his face making the fly just side step the hand

Hancock: I had the technical experience of the greats and the storied history of every great hero.

He stumbles over a table and crashes into one of the many beer can piles

Hancock: I COULD’VE BEEN A GOD!! But I threw myself off the pedestal by making that stupid mistake in the tag team match.

He picks himself up and throws himself onto a couch

Hancock: My lifestyle is ruined, the devil runs my life, and I drink this ACID!!

Throws beer can at the wall

Hancock: Oh God I’m sorry.

Gets on his hands and knees and begins to suck the beer out of the carpet

Starts to cry

Takes a few deep breaths and calms himself

Hancock: I’ve been in this situation before. I need to go back to the only family I’ve had. Wrestling. It got me out of the slavery of my father and it can get me out of the slavery now.

Storms over to a pile of cans and throws them around him, finding his barbells. He begins to lift.

Hancock: I have to train my body in order to train my mind. I’m going to make my return and it won’t be the Hancock who has been missing from WZCW. That coward is getting a stake driven into his chest with an inch deeper every weight I lift and every can of alcohol I throw in the trash.

Kicks beer can denting the plaster in the wall

Hancock: And Dave. If you think you’re going to jump me hoping for ring rust, well I know when I have the wrestling spirit inside me, and the fire is a blazing.

Darts hand in front of him and opens his closed fist to show a crushed fly

The camera pans across a door which reads ‘Chuck Myles’, indicating that we are at WZCW Headquarters, there is some loud distorted shouting coming from behind the door but it’s hard to make out who or what is being discussed. Leon Kensworth is walking past and is alert to the sounds from the inside, so he decides to stand and wait until the commotion ceases. There’s silence for a second and the door is swung open as Big Dave emerges from the office, pacing down the hallway immediately, Leon stays put in fear of what might occur as Dave shouts down the corridor

This will be the biggest mistake you both will live to regret!

--------------------------------

A few days later we’re at the wrestling gym that Big Dave regularly works out at, Jonny Klamor enters through as he spots Big Dave who’s sweating hard and taking out a lot of frustration on some of his training partners. There’s a medic checking on one who’s holding onto his shoulder in pain

Fortunately it’s not a tear, so you should be fit to train again in a couple of weeks

The gym leader comes down to Dave’s ring and tell him to take five as he stops his training and leans against the ropes, taking some water and then leaving the ring to sit on a stool as Klamor approaches, he sits next to Dave who’s aware of his presence

Jonny…

Dave, buddy!

I’m not your buddy

Ok, ok, well to the point at hand. I hear you caused quite a stir at the offices a few days ago! You even had Leon scared…well that’s normal but you get the idea.

And you wanted the first scoop of news?

No, as you can see, no pen, paper or mic, just simple good old Jonny. It’s been a while Dave, long time no see, you’re doing good too!

Dave gets up and grabs a hoodie as he paces to the door for some fresh air

If good is what you want to call it Jonny, some people would call it ‘good’, others ‘great’, leaving the remaining with ‘not enough’

I wouldn’t go as far as that…

Well that’s the case if Bateman and Myles are concerned. Last week, I hear about this qualifying for the Hell in a Cell match at Unscripted and I felt that it was right for me to state my claim. I mean you had one match already set and Titus was due to face someone, the perfect person to face him is myself, and what happens? I get stumped for Ty Burna! Who last I saw was hiding from the shame of Showtime dropping him off of the stage!

Dave and Klamor are now outside as the day shines bright, Dave takes out some sunglasses with Jonny still trying to keep up.

So this is about the World Title?

No, it’s a lot more than that. I had Myles himself say that the only way I could stand a chance of getting near it is to lose the EurAsian Championship. So the logic of the situation is that I have to lose in order to gain? It’s utter rubbish Jonny. If you look at those who are in the qualifiers this week and look at their run since Kingdom Come, what do you notice? You have Showtime who lost the EurAsian Championship rightly to me and didn’t even get close to beating him for it a second time. You have Everest who lost the World Title AND a Unification Match, yet feels he’s World Title material. You got Titus who’s been unwinding heavily, losing the belt as part of the progress, he’s nothing. And then you got Ty Burna, who actually hasn’t won on pay per view since Kingdom Come, so Jonny what is the comparison here?

They’re not as successful as you?

Correct! That’s exactly it, they’re not as successful as I am. Sure, they can say they’ve been World Champions, been inside Elimination Chambers, channelled with the dark side. But in comparison to me, Big Dave, they haven’t been as consistent as I have been. I have won and defended the EurAsian Championship with honour and pride since Kingdom Come and I have not slipped up, I’ve been told I’m the longest reigning champion and yet that is not good enough for me to even be considered for the World Title?! I even had Power Play guy go as far out to say that being the best is damaging my chances to be rewarded with such opportunities, he seems to be more in the know than I am!

As flawed as the system is Dave, I agree with you, but I’m sure there’s something saying that champions cannot challenge for a second belt…

A very flawed system indeed, there isn’t a ruling on it. They’re just scared that someone is actually that great enough to hold two belts, they’re scared at the thought of it.

No doubt about it, if it was you, they would be worried that you couldn’t have either belt prized off of you.

They find a bench nearby as Dave sits down on it to relax

As much as you’re pandering to me, you’re right. Management is afraid that I’m too good to be dominating this company. But I’ll make a point about it this week just to show they need to think twice about who they mess with, certainly my opponent, Mark Hancock, will be regretting it this week!

Klamor sits down next to him

Hancock? He’s back? Last I saw him was at Redemption in that cage match, I guess his idea of taking the high road and leaving bit him back on the behind!

And yet I get stuck with him this week, maybe they saw it as punishment for leaving the company and coming back, I have no idea. But here I sit, awaiting to face him and destroy him like any other competition, when I know that I should be involved elsewhere. Hancock is going to feel the agony that runs inside me right now, what I did to my trainer partners will be nothing to wait you’ll see on Meltdown. Maybe it will show Myles and Bateman that maybe prodding and poking a caged animal that’s angry was not the best idea. Hancock will be just another victim like the others before him but he will also be something new, an example will be made out of him to further my point and it won’t stop with him, that’s for certain.

Sounds you have a plan, should we be scared?

We don’t need to be, however, they do!

Dave gets up from the bench and heads back to the gym as Klamor sits looking behind him, taking in what’s been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back