MD33 - Chris Beckford vs. Rush (EurAsian League)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Despite not being in the league prior to last week's Meltdown, Rush entered in as Sanna's replacement and got off to a tremendous start against Blade while Chris Beckford fought valiantly against Blade's rival Criminal Karnage but lost out on the vital two points. How will Beckford's second ever match fare against the oldest member of the WZCW Roster?

Deadline is Monday 14th December 23:59 EST

*Scene opens with Sam Remmington walking down a hallway. The camera follows him down He walks upto Beckfords locker room door. From inside the room he can hear...*

CB: Go on lad, Go, Go, Run...

*Sam Knocks on the Door*

CB: Come on In

*Sam opens the door to see Chris sat down in a chair watching a television screen. Beckford is wearing a Leeds United football shirt*

SR: Hey Chris, whats happening man?

CB: Hey Sam, I'm just catching up with the Leeds United game, its the FA Cup and we are drawing 1-1 with Kettering Town....who the hell are Kettering Town?

SR: Oh cool, hows your abs?

CB: Sore, very sore. I've had to bandage them up all week.

SR: Yeah, do you want to talk about that match with Karnage?

CB: Not really Sam, I want to forget about it as quick as I can. Karnage is one tough bastard. Every shot I took from him hurt like hell. But the one thing that has been playing on my mind all week is.... I had him beat. I hit the Cross Country but due to my abs I just couldn't get the cover. Had I covered Immediatley I would have got the 2 points and been in control of the Eurasian league. Now I sit bottom of the league while others have the chance to get the two points. I let my fans down Sam.

SR: You didn't let them down Chris, you put up a hell of a fight, you came so close to being only the 3rd man to pin Karnage. Everybody in that arena knew you had given it your all, I'm sure even Karnage knew he was quite lucky to get those two points. You may not of won the match, but you answered alot of critics and earned alot of respect. Now anyway you said you wanted to forget about that match lets focus on this.

*Sam pulls out an envelope*

SR: This is your first opponent in the EurAsian League, you will face......Rush

CB: Awesome, that guys a WZCW legend.

SR: Listen, this is going to be just as tough as that Karnage match, but theres no doubt in my mind you can pick up the victory. Yes he is a legend but he has weaknesses to exploit. Be wary man, he has a ton of experiance and as you know he beat Blade last week.

CB: Yeah I know all about Rush, when I was trying to get into WZCW he was a man I looked up to. Its going to be great to wrestle him on Meltdown. While I respect him though, I need these points. I will do everything I can to beat him.

SR: You reckon that your abs will be healed by then?

CB: I hope so, if not it will make a hard job extremely difficult, but I'm still confident I can beat Rush, get that point and get my first pinfall victory in WZCW. My dream is to be a champion in WZCW and I can only do that by beating the best WZCW can offer, I think Rush is one of best, you don't beat Blade without being a good wrestler.

SR: That is true, anyways I'm going to go and leave you to your football match. Good luck Chris I'll be rooting for you.

CB: Thanks man I appreciate it.

*Sam leaves the room as Beckford goes back to watching the football, The scene fades out*

A heavy hand lands on top of an alarm clock silencing its loud, waking buzzer. Rush’s large body begins to stir between the bed sheets. He slowly sits up, turns his body and kicks both legs off of the bed. His toes curl into the carpet flooring as he stretches both arms above his head. A small, painful moan escapes his mouth despite Rush not moving his lips. His face grimaces in pain. He reaches for his lower back with his right hand, as his left grabs a bottle of prescription medicine off of the bedside end table. He takes two pills before using placing both hands beside him on the bed. With a lot of effort, Rush pushes himself off of the bed into a standing position.

Still half as sleep, he slowly walks over to his laptop in the corner of his room. He moves the mouse to disable the screensaver before finding a seat in the leather office chair in front of the desk. He quickly locates the Internet Explorer icon and double clicks on it. It automatically loads the home page of WZCW.com.

Rush scans the page with his eyes, he clicks on ‘Ascending 10’ and scrolls down the page.

1. Carmen Bratchny
2. Titus
3. rWo
4. Ty Burna
5. Trevor Steel
6. Karnage
7. Matt Royale
8. Blade
9. Second Coming
10. Zander

Rush: Damn.

He quickly clicks on the back button, taking himself back to the initial home page. He then finds the link for this week’s preview for the upcoming Meltdown 33. He clicks on it. He patiently begins to read the list of matches on the card, hoping to find his name. Half way down the page, he does.

Despite not being in the league prior to last week's Meltdown, Rush entered in as Sanna's replacement and got off to a tremendous start against Blade while Chris Beckford fought valiantly against Blade's rival Criminal Karnage but lost out on the vital two points. How will Beckford's second ever match fare against the oldest member of the WZCW Roster?​

Chris Beckford eh? Not a bad challenge for me at all. He’s going to be coming with guns blazing after his lose to Karnage. He’ll need this point to stay alive. Hell, I need this point, and all the points I can get to help take me to the end.

For a guy who was supposed to face off against “Wrestling Royalty,” I’m at least in the right direction to wrestling at Kingdom Come. But instead of being in the King for A Day match, I have the opportunity to fight for my chance to become the oldest EurAsian champion in WZCW history.
It’s almost a shame that I Blade has an uphill battle to fight in order to appear at Kingdom Come for the EurAsian championship, but he’s still a young gun, and with his talent, he’ll make it sooner than later. Who knows how many pay-per views I have left in me, especially ones like Kingdom Come.

Same goes for Chris Beckford. It’s unfortunate that I’m going to have to hand him his second loss in this league, but if that’s what I have to do to be one step closer to facing David Cougar, then that’s what I will do. He’ll make it someday in the future; it just won’t be at my expense.

There is a lot of untapped potential and talent residing inside young Beckford. Hopefully at Meltdown, I can pull some of that talent out of him and the two of us will be able to put on one hell of a match. At the very least, I should be able to make this a growing experience for him. Hopefully he’ll be able to find something out of our match and apply it to all of his future matches and become a better wrestler.

Chris has the talent, skill and ability to beat me, but he doesn’t have the experience that I bring to the match, and that alone will provide me with the advantage. I’ve faced men like him my whole career. They hope that by flipping around the ring, jumping from ring-post to ring-post they will be able to wear their opponent down and nail a surprise upset. I’ve wrestled men like Chris, and I have beat men like Chris. I expect our encounter at Meltdown to be no different.

Chris had a challenge placed at his feet last week facing Karnage, in the end he was defeated. This week, another challenge will greet him in the ring. I am confindent the end result will be the same for us both, I will be the one with my arm raised in the air victorious. And he will be the one left laying in defeat. It’s not something that I look forward to, rather something that I must do.

Rush: Sorry, Chris.

Rush moves his mouse to the top left corner of his screen and exits the web page. He turns off of the power to his monitor before pushing out the leather chair he had been sitting on, and rises to his feet. He begins to rub his lower back again as he walks out of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back