MD30 - Rafael de la Noche vs. Matt Royale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
MD307.jpg

Two of WZCW's up and rising stars face off in singles competition as both look to climb up the ladder and build momentum for the Lethal Lottery

RP Deadline is Monday October 19th, 23:59 EST.

The scene opens to Becky Serra and a camera man walking in the backstage area after Ascension. As she’s walking she notices Matt Royale sneaking around behind some equipment with a steel chair in his hands.

Becky: What are you doing?

Royale ignores her. A concerned look appears on her face.

Becky: Your not looking for Matthew Fox are you?

Again Royale ignores her.

Becky: You don’t have to do this. Think about the consequences if you seriously hurt him.

Royale still ignores her. Becky thinks for moment. Her eyes light up as she realizes what she needs to say.

Becky: How will this prove that you’re wrestling royalty?

Royale stops walking and turns around.

Royale: What did you just say?

Becky: How does this prove that you’re wrestling royalty? I mean anyone can hit someone with a chair.

Royale is about to say something, but stops himself. He thinks for a moment and sighs. He drops the chair. As he drops the chair Becky lets go a big sigh of relief.

Becky (Proudly): Well my job here is done.

As Becky begins to walk away a smile grows on Royale’s face.

Royale: Becky wait.

Becky: What?

Royale motions for the microphone.

Becky: No. I have an interview I need to get to.

Royale: I’m not asking.

Royale swipes the microphone from Becky’s hand and motions her to leave. Becky seeing she can’t do anything begins to leave in disgust with the cameraman.

Royale: Becky (she turns around) the cameraman can stay.

Becky: But…

Royale: (While picking up the chair) If he doesn’t I might get bored.

Becky: Fine!

Becky marches out of sight. Royale points to the cameraman where to stand and he unfolds the chair and sits on it.

Royale: Take a picture. Press the record button on your Tivo because you probably won’t hear me say this ever again. I was wrong. I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but Becky Serra is right. Lately I’ve only been so focused on destroying Matthew Fox. That I forgot who I am, but don’t worry thanks to Becky I know now. I am royalty. I am wrestling royalty and you people need to accept that fact and respect it.

Royale leans towards the camera and looks directly into it.

Royale: Now Matthew Fox, how does it feel to lose? To be honest, Fox, I’m actually disappointed in you. I wanted to be the first person to beat you. In all seriousness, though, I’m looking forward to our rematch. I know now that I don’t have to hide behind a chair to beat you. When we do have finally have our rematch you won’t be facing that same person you beat a few weeks ago. You’ll be facing royalty and when I beat you. You’ll bow to me like you should and like the dog you are.

Royale leans back into the chair.

Royale: Rafael de la Noche, last week we were both in a triple threat match in which I was pinned, but don’t expect the same outcome in our match. At Meltdown you won’t see that same pathetic, coward like last week, but like I said before you’ll be seeing royalty. The way I see it is that we both have losing streaks. I’m sorry to be the bearer of badness, but yours will continue. If you’re optimistic, however, at least you can tell people you were in the same ring with true wrestling royalty, Matt Royale.

The scene fads with Royale smiling.

The scene opens with Rafael sitting backstage on a bench behind the curtains into the arena. The arena is empty, and there's still hours left to go before MD 30. Rafael is sitting on the bench with both his hands crossed as if he were praying, thinking deeply.

Stacy Madison passes by the bench on her way to the arena, but stops for a minute.

Stacy: Well well, look who it is. I haven't seen you around here much Rafael after your lose last week to Carmen.

Rafael: I wasn't in the best of moods this past week.

Stacy: Oh? That lose got you down? You should be used to it by now. Another week, another lose right? Should be your motto

Rafael: Where I come from Women watch their tongues around men.

Stacy: Well where you come from you were a highly successful supposed legend. Which you are clearly not, not here at least. So as you can tell, things are much different here.

Rafael raises his head and looks at Stacy with look as if he was about to strangle her.

Stacy just smiles back unintimidated

Stacy: Well look at the time. I have to be going, it was nice talking to you Rafael.

Stacy walks out through the curtains

As soon as Stacy makes her exit, Kensworth comes through the curtains and approaches Rafael.

Kensworth: Hey man, sorry didn't mean to eavesdrop or anything, but I couldn't help but listen in on what Stacy.

Rafael stays quiet and just stares straight ahead.

Kensworth: Don't let what she said get to you, that's just Stacy being Stacy.

Rafael speaks without turning his head towards Kensworth

Rafael: It's not just her Leon, I'm sure they all think exactly like her. Her, you, Bateman, everyone.

Kensworth Nah, loses happen to everyone. Sure you've had a string of them as late, but it happens to the best of you. It's not like you were dominated or anything in any of your matches. You had fine showing in all of them. Hell I even thought you were gonna pull the upset against Carmen and Royale last week for a minute there.

Rafael: It doesn't matter how much of a fine showing I have had. At the end of the day a lose is a lose. No other way to look at it. People don't remember losers, winners are only remembered and praised. No one likes a loser.

Rafael pauses for a minute.

Rafael: Do you know why I came to WZCW Leon?

Kensworth: To make a name for yourself stateside right?

Rafael: Exactly. I came here to make a legacy for myself..

Leon interrupts

Kensworth: Oh speaking of that, where's your belt if you don't mind me asking?

Rafael: Who taught you your manners? Never interrupt me when I'm talking. And if you must know, I don't feel fit right now to wear it around my shoulder. Not after these past couple of weeks, but I will be wearing it proudly again soon enough. Because as I was saying before you rudely interrupted me. I came here stateside to make a legacy for myself that will be remembered for years to come after I leave this business. I could think of no better place to achieve this goal then here in WZCW. I don't care what it takes to make my name go down as the best of the best for people to remember me. Whether it's defending my NSA title here in WZCW, or winning WZCW's titles, I don't care, so long as I leave my mark here. I may have had a bad run these past few weeks, for whatever reason, but just because of that I won't shift my goal. My goal here remains the same as ever. Stacy's words just motivate me more.

Kensworth It's good you still have your eyes set on your goal here. You'll need to be mentally and physically ready for Royale later tonight.

Rafael: It seems lady luck has blessed me once again. I may have ruined the chance she gave me last week against Carmen and Royale, but I can now redeem myself just a bit for last week tonight. Royale may not be Carmen, but I do have a score to settle with him. Tonight we will find out who the real better man was in that match, and there's no better to way to decide that then in a simple one on one, no interruptions, singles match.

Kensworth: Well good luck with that match, I'm sure you'll have another fine showing.

Rafael: Not just a fine showing, a win as well. I can't run around here claiming I'm a legend with my current record. I may be a bit arrogant at times, but I understand my record here is nothing to be impressed about. So tonight I need this win, and I will go as far as I have to, to insure I get it.

the scene fades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back