MD 129 - Eve Taylor versus Constantine – Elite Openweight Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keystone City
United States
July, 2010

It is a bright and beautiful day in the familiar city of Keystone, United States. In the sunlight, the former WZCW Heavyweight Champion enjoys a game of chess with some of his biggest fans. In the centre of a huge crowd of people, Titus eyes his opponent with a glint of confidence in his eyes. On the opposite side of the table, an overweight man with a ponytail and neck-beard sits; sweating over the next move of the former World Champion. Titus grabs his rook and slides into position, not willing to take his eyes off the opponent for a second; enjoying the moment for what it is.

Titus: Checkmate...

With that, the crowd give a massive cheer and begin clapping. Titus allows a massive smile to form on his features before extending a hand over to his opponent. Looking somewhat relieved that the whole thing is over, Titus' opponent allows a similarly wide smile to appear on his features before shaking his hero's hand in congratulations. Getting up from his seat, Titus' opponent offers a clap of appreciation towards the former World Champion before re-joining the crowd.

Titus: You know, a week or two ago, I thought I had lost everything. Vengeance had taken the World Championship and I don't think I could have been any lower if I tried. And I thought to myself, where should I go next, what should I do?

Titus eyes the crowd, the same glint of confidence and contentedness still evident in his gaze.

Titus: And at that moment it hit me. I should come back to the greatest city in the entire world!

The crowd lets out another massive cheer as Titus gets to his feet; a look of furious aggression on his face; lost in his happiness and high on the crowd reaction.

Titus: I've did everything in WZCW and in acting. But nothing compares to coming back here on a sunny Saturday afternoon and really getting to know all of the people who made it possible for me to live so well. In times of despair, you only have to count your blessings to see what really is important.

Another clap begins for the former World Champion and when it dies down, only one pair of hands are left clapping slowly. From the crowd, Titus watches one man make his presence known. With his hair tied back in a slick ponytail, and a well-kept suit clinging to his body in the midday heat, that man reveals himself to be John Constantine.

Constantine: And what a day it is to be alive, my friends!

The crowd don't trust Constantine and eye him with suspicion as he moves through them and out until he is standing by himself and looking deep into the eyes of the former World Champion.

Titus: Ladies and gentlemen, I never thought I would see the day... Anthony Michaels is with us on such a glorious occasion!

Constantine looks very puzzled indeed.

Constantine: Who!? I am John Constantine!

Titus squints his eyes for a moment, looking at the features of the newest member of the growing WZCW roster.

Titus: Oh... Never mind.

A smile appears on Titus face as the crowd continue to be confused by what is going on before their very eyes.

Constantine: Yes... Well... Mind if I take a seat?

Titus continues to study the features of Constantine before noticing the tension being built up around him. Suddenly composing himself and indicating that Constantine may take the seat directly opposite him, Titus regains his smile.

Titus: All right, everyone. It has been great seeing all of you. But Mr Michaels- I mean Constantine, have some business to attend to and we must do it in private I am afraid. But thank you again for your unwavering support throughout everything. I could not do any of this without you.

With that, the crowd begins to disperse as Constantine and Titus take their seats at the chess table. Constantine toys with some of the pieces before moving them back into position to begin a game.

Titus: I don't know who the hell you are. But let me tell you someth-

Constantine: Titus, Titus! I didn't come here for a fight! I simply came here to play some chess with you. And if I am able to pick your mind on some of the things pertinent to WZCW in the meantime, then that's an added bonus. I mean, why would a WZCW legend like you not want to pass on some of that knowledge to the bright and bold of the future?

Constantine lets a smarmy and cocky grin stretch across his face, the likes of which Titus has come to associate with people who think that they are naturally better than others.

Titus: So you want to play chess?

Constantine scoffs flippantly.

Constantine: Heavens no! No disrespect, Titus. But if I wanted to play chess, I wouldn't want to play chess against someone like you. I have rubbed shoulders with the great and the good of this world and most of them are much smarter than both of us. No, if I wanted to be embarrassed at Chess, I wouldn't be embarrassed by someone that I am trying to impress.

Titus: You just said that you wanted to play... Never mind. Listen, kid, I get it. You are new to the world of WZCW and you feel as though yo have something to prove to everyone. Hell, I don't know who you are but you made it this far. I can only assume that you are talented at what you do. But you have to know your role in this company. You start at the bottom and you put everything on the line every night until-

Constantine scoffs again.

Constantine:
I wont be starting at the bottom, Titus. People like me don't start at the bottom. People like me are the sort of people that you will read about in books in the future. People like me are the trailblazers of this industry; out to prove something and leave a lasting legacy worthy my illustrious name.

Titus studies Constantine for a moment as Constantine stares him directly in the eyes. Giving out a slight sigh, Titus shakes his head.

Titus: It's a shame that you don't want to play, Mr Constantine. Chess can be a fantastic game. And what's more, some of the themes in the game are pertinent to being successful in WZCW. The thrill of the chase, the strategy... The winning...

Titus and Constantine continue to stare holes through each other for a moment, the tension building amongst the silence. That is until Constantine lets out a playful laugh in an effort to break the tension.

Constantine: Perhaps another time then. But until then, I am afraid that I will have to put you on notice, Titus. Your run in this company and escalation to the pinnacle of it has been nothing short of spectacular. I watched Lethal Lottery 2 and was blown away by your hunger and desire to be the best. You inspired me.

With that, Constantine angrily swipes all of the pieces off of the board and onto the floor.

Constantine: But you gave it all up, didn't you?! That hunger and desire has been replaced by settling for second best. The real reason I came here, Titus, was to put you on alert. I am coming to WZCW and I will, one by one, take out everyone in my path until I am the only man left standing on top of the mountain. Your Championship loss to Vengeance is something that you should get used to and being second best is a feeling that will be all-too familiar in the near future.

Constantine slowly bends down and picks up the king piece from the grass. Titus continues to stare through him calmly.

Constantine: I am the king of the castle now, Titus. If, one day, you rediscover your hunger and lust for success, then you know where I will be. But until then, I have no use for this empty husk of a man.

Constantine places the king piece down in the centre of the board and gets up, fixes his tie and suit before walking off into the sunlight and disappearing in a limousine.

This was one of the greatest days in the life of Eve Taylor.

It was a bright and sunny day in Paris, France, where Eve went for a promenade along the Champs-Élysées. The breeze gently kissed her face as she took in the endlessly breathtaking sights of the French capital. It always felt great to tour the cobblestone streets, but she wasn't here for a vacation. Eve was heading towards one of the biggest photoshoots of the year, held by the biggest fashion magazine in the world: the Elle Magazine swimsuit edition. It was the summer issue that influenced the live of many women around the world, and Eve was offered a chance to be on the front cover of the magazine... the Front Cover of the World's Biggest Fashion Magazine... this was the moment Eve Taylor had been waiting for her entire life. Whilst it had been a goal to get back into the modelling world ever since she was virtually ex-communicated, this was something on a whole new level. Eve Taylor had NEVER been on the front cover of Elle Magazine. She was featured in the magazine several times, but having her face plastered on the front was something that always alluded her. Eve knew deep down that this was her one opportunity to not only get back into the game, but reach that final achievement left on her modelling résumé... and all she had to do was turn up with a smile on her face, put on a two-piece, pose for the camera and answer a few questions for the exclusive 'return of Eve Taylor' interview. Nothing fancy, nothing special, no strings attached; this was happening.

Time flew by rather quickly for Eve, finding herself in front of the photo shoot in what felt like a matter of seconds. She pushed through the door emphatically, bursting onto the scene. The sounds of the chatter, the clicking of heels and the snaps of the cameras suddenly stopped for a moment, with the heads of every single person in the room turning towards Eve Taylor. Models, cameramen, agents, stage hands... all of the eyes were on Eve Taylor in disbelief. Eve took the opportunity to survey the room whilst everyone stared at her, checking her surroundings.

'That's right.' Eve whispered to herself, 'the bitch is back.'

She smiled and took her first step, commanding the attention of the room as he stiletto's crashed into the floor, roaring loudly to the ears of those watching. Slowly, she took another step with as much force, followed by another. All eyes were still focused on her, but Eve noticed it wasn't for reasons she previously thought. People weren't staring in awe at the return of one of the greatest supermodels in history, they weren't surprised she was allowed back in the building... it was because she wore her wrestling gear to the shoot. Eve Taylor wore her gear she wrestled in at Gold Rush, still unwashed with blood and sweat stains everywhere, with the crimson mask of John Doe clutched in one hand and the Elite Openweight championship perched high on her shoulder. They weren't looking at her with envy or shock, it was disgust.

This was the fuel of nightmares for many aspiring models, let alone most people. Nobody wanted to ever turn up to a photo shoot dressed like they don't belong, like they were completely alien. It was on the same level as giving a speech in front of hundreds of classmates without any pants, or in your underwear, or even worse still, no clothes at all. It was embarrassing enough for a lifetime of humiliation and ridicule, and it was something Eve Taylor always double and triple checked would never happen to her. Yet, today, she didn't care. In fact, it was intentional. Eve Taylor knew she wore the same gear she wore for Gold Rush, and she knew she didn't add it to the laundry list. Eve wanted everyone to know that when she walked through that door, she wanted to be viewed as an alien of this modelling society. She wanted to be viewed for what she was, a professional wrestler. It was a bold strategy, especially entering the photo shoot of Elle Magazine in their hometown of Paris, but with the Elite Openweight championship on her shoulder - her best friend, Senshuken - she had the confidence to pull it off.

'No,' Eve said to herself quietly, 'this bitch has just began.'

It was a few more steps into the building before somebody broke the silence, moving from her frozen position and coming up to Eve Taylor. She was a short, small brunette women with glasses, dressed definitely than most of the girls in the room. She wasn't in costume nor was she in casual clothes, she wore professional attire. The woman stuck out her hand out, offering a handshake.

"Welcome back Eve Taylor." She said, with a greeting smile.

Eve looked down at the hand for a second, shaking it as firmly as the woman did. The woman smirked.

"My name is Jenny, and I'm here for your exclusive interview. Please, follow me and we'll get you into more... suitable clothing..." She said, doing her best not to wince at Eve's blood-stained attire. "... before we commence."

"I'm fine the way I am, thank you." Eve retorted.

Eve gave Jenny a shit-eating grin on purpose. Taylor could tell on this woman's face that she had rustled her jimmies, doing her best not to screw up her face and remain professional. Jenny turned and led Eve away from everyone, who began whispering and talking, slowly resuming production as the two moved away. Eve looked down at Senshuken and winked with a smile.

'I forgot this was fun.'

When the two got to the beautifully-temporary interview section of the shoot, Jenny paused and allowed Eve to go first. Taylor sat down first in an unladylike fashion, getting herself comfortable in the chair with Senshuken still on her shoulder and John Doe's crimson mask hanging from her fingertips. Jenny didn't look too impressed by Eve, who shuffled in her seat to get the posture professionally correct for the interview.

"Been a while since you've been here, huh?" Jenny asked with a smirk. "Bit rusty on the protocol and the rigmarole?"

Jenny added a laugh at the end, in an attempt to make Eve feel comfortable on the surface, but underneath was a subtle jab to Eve's absence from the industry. Eve saw right through it.

"No, just a really busy schedule." Eve replied. "I'm surprised I could even fit this interview with you in today!"

Eve bellowed at a fake laugh, staring directly at Jenny. She knew Eve had called her out on the laughing technique. Jenny decided to stop the small talk and get the interview set up. She called over a couple of stage hands, who began fiddling with the cameras. Jenny felt through her pockets, pulling out a recorder, flashing it at Eve.

"Ready to get started, then?"

"Let's do it."

Jenny clicked the recorder on and placed it down on the small table separating the two of them. At the same time, a stage hands turned on the cameras.

"I never thought I'd see the day... one of the most prolific supermodels in the entire world has returned to the modelling world in such a huge way, as the feature of Elle Magazine's pre-summer swimsuit summer edition no less."

"Yes, it feels weird for me, too." Eve laughed.

"If that wasn't enough, she has come here today dressed not in what you'd normally see, but in her professional wrestling attire... the same attire she wore in her most recent match, with the blemishes attained from that match still spread across her attire. All I can say is that you know certainly how to make an entrance!"

"The girls were horrified when they saw me. I'm sure those watching this interview will probably be the same when they first see me, too."

"Yes, you even have some of those blemishes come up in your hair, which I thought was an extremely courageous move."

"Oh, these red streaks in my hair? Oh goodness no, this isn't blood." Eve replied, combing her hair with her free hand. "I had this done by my stylist this morning. I choose this particular shade of red to symbolise the blood I've spilled in the matches I've wrestled, including my most recent one where I successfully defended the title against the man whose mask I hold in my hand. Doesn't it look realistic?"

Eve offers up her hair for Jenny to touch. She is reluctant but with the cameras rolling, Jenny hasn't much option and leans in, straddling the new red steaks of Eve for a quick second before pulling away.

"Wow, how did you stylist make it feel so... realistic?" Jenny queried. "It feels too real to be hair dye."

"You don't become one of the greatest supermodels without an excellent stylist." Eve said, letting out a chuckle.

The shared a chuckle for a quick second, as Eve sighed on the inside. She dodged a bullet. In the midst of Eve having an epiphany to turn up in her wrestling gear, Eve forgot to wash the blood out of her hair. Although this present new questions for Eve like 'does her hair actually smell of blood' and 'how did she get through airport security', Eve noted that she should actually get her hair dyed for that exact reason.

"Let's go back a bit, and discuss the match you competed in recently. Since a lot of our readers aren't familiar with your line of work, take us through what happened."

"Oh yes, of course!" Eve said, delightfully. "In fact, this should help your readers out there who have husbands or boyfriends who enjoy combat sports and fighting, yet don't understand a lick of what is going on, or why it is happening."

Eve takes a second, adjusting her title.

"So, I work for WrestleZone Championship Wrestling, a company that holds professional wrestling matches. Like a model aspires to become the best by gracing the front cover of a fashion magazine like Elle, a wrestler aspires to become the best by winning championships, such as the one on my shoulder. However, when you win this title, you don't just take it and leave. You hold onto it and defend it as many times as you can until someone can take it off you. I defended this championship at one of the biggest events, where my opponent cut my skin and caused me to bleed more than I've bled in my entire life. You can see on my attire the stains as evidence."

"Are you sure that isn't your stylist again?" Jenny asked.

Eve paused for a second, slightly annoyed. "No, this is my own blood. I spilled this blood to keep this championship on my shoulder."

"Forgive me if I don't understand, but why would you subject yourself through so much torture, and risk ruining your beauty, for what is essentially a really big novelty belt?"

Eve stared directly at Jenny. She wanted to say and do many things to Jenny at that moment, but she knew her question had a lot of legitimacy, so she refrained from acting on her instincts.

"You may see this as a prop or a toy, but to professional wrestlers like myself, this is what we strive to achieve. We put our bodies on the line, no matter the risk, just so we can hold these titles on our shoulders, holding and defending them proudly. Championships like this, the Elite Openweight Championship, are why we wrestle in the first place. We can get so attached to these titles that we might even name them. I've named this championship as Senshuken, or Ken for short should people get a little weird about naming inanimate objects."

"Like Barbie and Ken?"

Eve was shocked at the comparison and smiled. "Yeah, like Barbie and Ken. I like it. Good thinking!" Eve turns to her title. "Did you hear that? We're Barbie and Ken, now." Eve lets out a friendly laugh, looking back at Jenny.

"I'm glad you enjoy it." Jenny clears her throat before continuing. "So, how many times have you defended it?"

"Well, Barbie and Ken, if you will, have been a couple for several months, actually. I think we skipped our six month anniversary! In that time, I've defended this championship against five different opponents, six if you include the person I defeated to win the championship in the first place."

"I understand that's a long time."

"Keen eye! In fact, I'm on the verge of breaking the record for being the longest reigning Elite champion in history, and this title has been around for almost a decade!"

"That's pretty good for a girl who was just a model."

"Indeed, it feels amazing to be in this position. A few years ago, I was someone who had her photo taken for a living, now I'm one of the best wrestlers to come into WZCW, creating and breaking records set by some of the legends. It is surreal to think about everything I've accomplished. The first female competitor to win a singles championship, the winner of the first and only female champion vs female champion match, the first female to win multiple championships, a member of one of the most successful groups in wrestling history... the list goes on and on, but I'll stop myself here. I get excited when I repeat my accomplishments, especially when I think about everything I've achieved in the modelling world as well."

"You've lived an exciting life of success, haven't you?"

"Indeed, and my next match is going to be another exciting time in my life, as I defend the championship against one of the two men who currently hold the record for being the Elite champion the longest, as well as the man who holds the most defenses in history, former politician John Constantine. For me to become the longest reigning champion in history, I have to defeat him, one of the best in history and a man who was very pivotal in my early wrestling career. You see, early in my career, I faced Constantine and challenged for the Elite championship a number of times. Three times I competed for the Elite championship, actually. The first opportunity I had, I failed despite my momentum. The second and third time, were against Constantine when he created his historic reign with the title. Both times, I was distracted by my former friend, and I was more interested in fighting her than becoming champion, despite how much Constantine made my blood boil... now, the roles are reversed and Constantine comes at me, looking to destroy the Barbie and Ken dynamic. I know most people reading will probably think that the Barbie & Ken dynamic is long dead, hinting at the inevitable separation between my title and I, but one of the people I've always wanted to defeat is Constantine. I am laser-focused on him, a man who very recently competed for the biggest prize in the wrestling industry, the World championship... and I cannot let my personal feelings blind me from the amazing competitor he is. There isn't much else that matters to me right now, other than getting past probably the biggest roadblock in my career."

Eve looks down at the mask and the title.

"I've spilled too much blood, sweat too much from my pores and cried too much from my eyes to give up. Everything I've invested into the Elite Openweight championship - Senshuken - is something I can't let go so easily. I know I just came from a gruelling battle with John Doe, who psychologically haunted me by stealing the title and instilling fear into my mind with this mask, but I will be pouring every little bit of energy I have left in this body to take on John Constantine and walk out with the title still on my shoulder. I don't care if I cut myself again. I don't care if I injure myself. I certainly don't care if this becomes my last match because of how hard I push myself. I'm walking into this match as champion, I'm going to beat Constantine decisively, and I'm leaving as the champion, cementing myself as the longest reigning Elite Openweight champion, and being one step closer to being not only the greatest female competitor, but the best competitor ever to wrestle inside the squared circle."

Eve looks directly at Jenny, who doesn't seem to have a question. Jenny sees the eyes of Eve, deciding it is best to not ask any questions.

"Today is the greatest day of my life. I'm being interviewed and about to model for the world's biggest fashion magazine, which will surely resurrect my modelling career. It has been my goal, ever since I got kicked out, to come back here and today, I get my dream job back and more." Eve gets watery eyes but she holds them back, letting out a chuckle. "Yet, this is not what makes this day great. Truth be told, I don't actually want to be on the front cover of Elle Magazine."

Jenny looks flabbergasted at the comment, with her gaze darting away from Eve to look at others. Eve notices that there are many people in the room listening to the interview, including the models who she was scheduled to work with in the shoot. She looks to them.

"As much as I'd love to get back in front of the camera and create some magic on set, having fun with all these new talents and getting back into the routine, this part of my life no longer exists. The chapter of my life where I'm known as the world's best supermodel is over, and it's time for some of these amazing girls to take centre stage, seizing the same opportunity that I did many years ago. This is their time to shine on set, and it's my time to shine as a professional wrestler."

Eve stands up with the title still on her shoulder and the mask still in her hand.

"I thank you all for the invite back but I must decline. Give it to someone who deserves it more... and this interview? You can do whatever you wish with the footage and the recordings. Publish it, don't publish it... doesn't matter to me. I took this opportunity to finally get some closure and put to rest my dreams of becoming a model, and you've given me that. It's more than any front cover or resurrected modelling career could ever give me."

Taylor smiles, wiping her eyes. She turns to everyone and bows. She rises and looks around one last time.

"Now, it's time for me to go. I've got a championship to defend and a new legacy to cement." Eve looks directly into the camera. "This has been Eve Taylor, and my service has ended."

Eve switches off the camera herself, picking up the recorder and doing the same. She hands it back to Jenny with a smile on her face, before looking to leave. She adjusts her title on her shoulder and begins walking out the same as she walked in, with complete silence as everyone watches her. However, this time, there is no disgust on peoples' faces. Instead, there is joy and respect. Some girls are moved by the speech whilst others are inspired, seeing one of the greats of their industry ride into the sunset. They begin clapping, showing their respect back to Eve as she walks out with a smile. For Eve, however, she wasn't riding off into the sunset. No, she was heading for new beginnings and she was leaving her old life behind for good. No more uncertainty for Eve, wondering what would ever happen should she still be a model today. No more wishing she could gracing the stages of Milan and flooding the presses with her face on the front cover. No, those dreams were gone now. She couldn't hold onto them any more, even though she had little to hold onto these days... and she couldn't feel any better.

And this... this was one of the greatest days in the life of Eve Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back