• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MD 117/AS 92: Recap & Discussion

Kermit

the Frog
Killjoy.gif

Meltdown 117

• In the aftermath of Gold Rush, WZCW Majority Owner, Mr. Banks, kicks off the show in Havana, Cuba to announce the beginning of a two cycle non-stop international tour. He also wants to announce the stipulation for the James Howard vs. Chris K.O. main event that will be for the EurAsian Title #1 Contendership. Howard interrupts him, but Banks informs Howard that the match will be a Mayhem Rules Match. Chris comes out with a shopping cart full of weapons, and Howard flees.
  • We get a backstage segment that marks the end of Hard Metal Penetration via a sad-looking Alhazred.
  • Kagaura Ohzora and Eve Taylor are told by Mr. Banks that they are not owed rematches for the respective titles that they lost at Gold Rush. Banks says if they want a rematch, they will have to prove it.
  • Garth Black defeats Prince via pinfall by way of the Blackout.
  • Irwin goes into Meltdown GM, Vance Bateman’s, office to ask what his mystery prize is for winning the Gold Rush pre-show match. Bateman says that only Becky Serra knows.
  • Kagura Ohzora defeats Bruce Irwin via pinfall by way of The Fifth Dance of Amatersau Omikami.
  • Theron Daggershield talks about his EurAsian Title win in an interview. He beckons the next challenger, whether it be James Howard or Chris K.O.
  • Hype video for the return of El Califa Dragon on Ascension 92.
  • Theron Daggershield defeats Alhazred via pinfall by way of The Critical Hit in a lengthy match. Alhazred leads the crowd in hip-thrusting post-match.
  • Garth Black says he is ready to payback the fans of WZCW in his return.
  • A cryptic vignette about a man who we thought was gone for good. He is out for vengence against a man who tried to kill his career. He says, “Expect me…”
  • Everest comes out to the ring and announces how he originally scouted out the current WZCW Tag Team Champions, Cerberus.Cerberus makes a semi-face turn as they acknowledge Everest for always believing in them. Out comes Freddie on behalf of the Russians. He mocks Cerberus and says that The Russians are the best tag team. Cerberus gets upset and goes up on the entrance ramp to confront Freddie. The Russians rush the ring and beat down Everest. They flee as Cerberus tries to make the save.
  • Chris K.O. defeats James Howard via submission, by way of The Burning Crusade, in a grueling Mayhem Rules Match. Chris K.O. is now the #1 contender to the EurAsian Title.

Ascension 92

• WZCW World Heavyweight Champion. Matt Tastic, opens the show. He talks about being victorious at Gold Rush in a 4-way Hell in a Cell Match. Dorian Slaughter, the new #1 Contender to the World Heavyweight Title, interrupts him and tells him that he escaped death at Gold Rush, but his reckoning is coming. Tastic quips back by referencing Cuban singer, Celia Cruz, who always sang about the good things in life. He calls Dorian too negative. He sings a song to Dorian before the demonic superstar cuts him off. Ascension GM, Becky Serra, comes out and mocks Matt. She says the two men will compete at Unscripted in a 1v1 match with the stipulation determined by popular vote. Matt and Becky bicker for a little bit before Matt exits the ring via dancing to music by Celia Cruz. Eve Taylor is shown watching this with anger from backstage.
  • El Califa Dragon squashes Derek Jacobs via pinfall by way of the Dragon de Vuelo.
  • Cerberus is backstage talking about the Russians' actions on Meltdown 117. Eve Taylor is quiet as she laces her boots. She is really tense and says tonight she must beat Matt Tastic to prove she deserves a rematch for HER EurAsian title. She walks out, leaving her partners concerned.
  • A hype video package airs for the debuting Noah Ryder. He is coming soon.
  • The Eternal Question is out in the ring mocking women. elegANT comes out to shut him up. elegANT squashes The Eternal Question via submission by way of the I Beg Your Pardon.
  • The announcers note that Veejay has stepped away from the company.
  • Mikey Stormrage announces that he survived the gruesome bump he took at Gold Rush. He announces the Ultra Mega Definitive Mikey Stormrage Open Invitational 2015 for Unscripted. Mikey will be putting his Unscripted undefeated streak on the line.
  • Bruce Irwin visits Becky Serra in her office. He asks about his mystery prize for winning the Gold Rush pre-show match. Serra reveals that it is a guaranteed spot in a 4-way that will take place at Unscripted for the Elite X Title.
  • Ty Burna and Dorian Slaughter talk about their upcoming match in the main event against Cerberus. They prophesy their destruction and view them as a sacrifice.
  • Matt Tastic defeats Eve Taylor via pinfall, by way of the Headache Driver, in a very competitive match. Dorian Slaughter attacked Matt post-match.
  • The WZCW Elite X Champion, elegANT, talks about the 4-way at Unscripted. He welcomes the challenge and just hopes that Bruce Irwin isn’t as fatal as some of the creatures from his homeland in Australia.
  • Eve Taylor angrily exits the building, leaving the tag team champions, Cerberus, on their own for the main event.
  • Cerberus(Flex Mussel & Ramparte) defeat Ty Burna & Dorian slaughter via pinfall in a very competitive match. Ty and Dorian jump Cerberus post-match, but a creepy figure in a burlap sack mask makes the save by attacking Ty. The masked man chases Ty through the crowd. Dorian tries to continue the assault of Cerberus, but Matt Tastic makes the save. Dorian flees up the ramp. Tastic eventually exits also. Cerberus tries to recover, but it isn’t over yet. The Russians come out and destroy Cerberus. They stand proud over Cerberus while holding the tag team championships overhead.

-------------------------------------------------------------

In the fallout of Meltdown 117 and Ascension 92, we have started our journey to the next installment of WZCW’s longest running PPV, Unscripted. WZCW wants to know what you thought of the shows. Feel free to answer some of the prompt questions below or start your own discussion on a certain aspect from this past round. We want to hear your voice, WZCW Universe.

1.) What match was your favorite from this past round?

2.) There are two remaining spots for the Elite X Title 4-Way. Pick one person you think should fill one of those vacant spots.

3.) Cerberus defeated the mammoth tag team of Ty Burna and Dorian Slaughter on Ascension 92. Where do you rank them so far on the list of all-time great WZCW Tag Teams?

(Please keep in mind that discussions in the WZCW.com area are to be within the confines of kayfabe. Please refrain from bringing up issues like match length, typos, formatting, or etc.)

2cr0ubn.png

Website Manager
David Kerms

Credits
Banner: Killjoy
Article: Kermit

Without picking my own, I really enjoyed the Cerberus vs. Dorian & Ty main event on Ascension. Cerberus brought their A-game and it reflected in their mach performance. It was also nice for their semi-face turn to defeat such an evil team.

2.) There are two remaining spots for the Elite X Title 4-Way. Pick one person you think should fill one of those vacant spots.

I want to see one spot left open, and have a returning superstar come back for a big surprise. Veejay maybe? He and elegANT have unfinished business.

3.) Cerberus defeated the mammoth tag team of Ty Burna and Dorian Slaughter on Ascension 92. Where do you rank them so far on the list of all-time great WZCW Tag Teams?

Oh, man. They are now definitely rubbing shoulders with SaboSax and Strikeforce. I'm not sure if I am ready to hand out definitive ranks between those three. ;)

Easily the Meltdown main event between Howard and K.O.. It just just absolutely brutal and really put a cap on a solid feud.

I think ??? should make a go. He has had some big matches in the past, but has never really put it all together. Maybe this will be ???'s breakout.

Hard to say because different eras of the fed have had different strengths and weaknesses in the tag division, but they are up there in the top three of all time in my book.

K.O vs. Howard in the voted Mayhem Rules Match. I love when WZCW provides a little sampler in what to expect for the next pay per view. Exciting stuff that has me hyped for Unscripted.

Kagura feels right. Just think she should get her rematch somewhere in the grand scheme of things.

They've been around for a full year. But I'm not sure if they have had the competition guys like Strikeforce and Saxoteur had. Due to that I'd place them somewhere in the Top 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back