McIntyre: Not Playboy...But Gayboy?

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
It has been reported for a while now that Drew McIntyre would be getting a gimmick change soon.

Fans have been sending in reports that at this weekend's SmackDown live event in Honduras, Drew's character was much more sexual. He appeared to be flirting with male fans in the crowd, even blowing kisses at some. In the middle of his match against Ezekiel Jackson he stopped to comb his hair. Drew lost the match to Zeke.

This was from the WZ Main Page. Seems like that even though it was said that Drew was going to become a bit of a "Playboy", it seems that they're actually possibly turning him homosexual.

Flirting with the male fans & blowing kisses at them? Definitely a bit weird, no doubt about that. The combing his hair just seems like a vanity thing.

I wanna see this play out on TV first though.

...aaaaaand now I've decided to give TNA a chance. They fired Russo, so I doubt they're going to try to copy this storyline in some sort of way.

The lesson: Don't think Vince McMahon won't rib you mercilessly if your wife kicks your ass.

In all seriousness how many Honduran women go to wrestling matches? He was probably told to go out and blow kisses to the crowd, not make passes at guys. Billy and Chuck isn't very PG.

In all seriousness how many Honduran women go to wrestling matches? He was probably told to go out and blow kisses to the crowd, not make passes at guys. Billy and Chuck isn't very PG.

This is what I was thinking. He was probably just blowing kisses to the crowd and the oh so keen eye of the average internet nerd saw that there were guys in the general direction that Drew was looking at and started all of this.

If this report isn't true and the nerds just saw what they saw, Drew's totally getting ribbed for this too.

I understand the creative writing can't always be top notch. Everything goes in cycles, but recently I think it's really starting to hit rock bottom (no pun intended). We are forced to watch a farting gimmick, now a presumable homosexual gimmick, a terrible love triangle gimmick and I'm sure there are more I am forgetting. Even worse, WWE dropped the ball on things like Nexus and the anonymous GM role, guessing we are stupid and will forget all this. To make matters worse, the midcard is awful. Half of the titles don't mean anything; no one is getting built up and we have to settle for long winded Triple H promos every week. WWe shows signs of brilliance (CM Punk summer angle), but their apparent ADHD problems causes them to stop a storyline a week or two later. Wake up WWE. Put together a solid program from top to bottom. That's what the fans want. If we don't get it, I say NWO fan edition, and we take over!

I sort of feel bad for Drew McIntyre, I wonder what the WWE was thinking because that sort of gimmick didn't work out in TNA for Orlando Jordan. I admit he maybe needs a slight character change but not this for starters, he has the potential to be the next Triple H-esque character but just needs to the right push. They could have went places with the Mr.McMahon chosen one angle but they didn't really which is a shame and I think he could be built as a top guy on Smackdown compared to Raw.

If this report isn't true and the nerds just saw what they saw, Drew's totally getting ribbed for this too.

I fucking hope its not true, but you could be right. Remember all those Brodus Clay being built to be a monster then debuted as the Funkasarous from Planet Funk? I hope they are just fucking with the IWC here and this not be true. I find the best wrestlers to be the ones that are more like themselves and cranked up a 100 degree's. If Drew ISN'T gay then this gimmick might not work.. if you want Gay WWE then hire back Orlando fuckin Jordan! Wait.. did I just say that?? Holy Hell!!! I need to lay down now.

Of course this isn't accurate. Does anyone really think WWE is going to take a straight guy and turn him into a stereotyped gay guy that is a heel that gets heat from hitting on men in the audience? I am sure that is exactly what the sponsors want.

All I know is that Sally is going to curl herself in to the fetal position and bawl her eyes out when she reads this.

Well, at least we know now why things didn't work out between Drew and Kelly.

msgl.jpg

Imo in the modern era, it is very unlikely we will see a "gay" wrestler.
Mainly because it won't draw money and it's to risky to receive negative attention.

I want to, WANT TO believe that he was just blowing kisses and they're misunderstood as boy puckers.

Drew may never be Austin but I really don't think turning him gay will entertain me. Or him. Or Ktulu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back