maybe someone can help

BooCocky

On A Nature walk with Daniel Bryan
On my home computer I can not get on the internet. Everything is connected to the router, the back, the other box. But it keeps coming up with an error message... I've restarted and some other things but it won't connect. Anyone know why?

Get Slyfox, he's good with this sort of stuff. You don't have a firewall blocking it do you?

Yes I paid the bill. Now I get a message saying connection has limited or no connectivity. I wonder if its an area thing, but it shouldn't be... Nothing to hurt anything....

I fucking hate that; I find it shows up every now and again and then goes away the next day.

When you run diagnose and repair what does it say? DNS error or something else?

First it couldn't find the IP address then it says DNS error...

Edit back to not finding the IP address...

King becah go to connection settings, right click on your connection check your ip and DNS settings are they set to automatic or manual?

That's my guess. I don't want to call comcast support... I can never understand them....

basically your dns and ip need to be set to automatic if you have acess to msn i can help walk you through it mate

1) You need to find out where the error is. First of all, unplug everything for at least 30 seconds. If that doesn't fix it, move on to step to.

2) Put your computer next to your modem. Take your network cable that is going into your router from the modem, and plug your modem directly into your computer (which means the router isn't in play). See if that fixes your problem. If not, move on to step three. If your internet is working directly from modem to computer, then the problem is with the router.

3) Go to the Command Prompt. In XP, go to "Start -> Run" and type in "cmd". Once there, type in "ipconfig". If you are not getting an IP, it will give you a bunch of 0 for IP numbers. If that happens, type "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew". If nothing happens, move on to step 4.

4) Call your ISP and tell them your Internet isn't working, and that they might need to make it work.

just do me a favour and go to connection > settings > local area connection > obtain ip adress automatically > Obtain DNS automatically

This should solve the issue I think your Ip and DNS config have been set to manual and your isp has automatically renewed your ip adress, in order for your computer to respond you need to set your connection settings to obtain your ip and dns automatically

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back