Max Buck is the #1 Contender for the X-Division Title

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
As per his win in the Xscape match at Lockdown tonight.

The match itself was a total throwback to the X-Division of old we all knew and loved, and Max climbed the cage and escaped—err, sorry, "xscaped" to snatch up the victory and become the #1 contender to Kazarian's X-Division title. Commence, feud.

Thoughts?

I was enjoying the match until the horrible ending. The ref literally jumped into that cage without hardly being pushed.

Kaz should keep the title in my opinion. Just personally like him alot more.

Eh... I don't think Max is great in singles yet. And Kaz should definitely keep the belt with him and keep credibility in Fortune.

I don't like Matt Hardy Jr. He should just stay with Gen Me. I was hoping for Kendrick or Sabin to win. They are who the division should be built around.

I really enjoyed this match and I'm very happy that Max is the new #1 Contender for the X-Division title. Kaz needs a heel X division wrestler to feud with so it makes sense that he picked up the win here. I think a feud between Max and Kaz can produce some Great Matches so I'm looking forward to it.

I think Kaz should squash him and send him back to the tagteam division where he belongs, he's not ready to get put over as a singles wrestler yet. Besides he didn't do anything in that match to really make himself stand out. I thought Jay Leathal, Chris Saban, and even Robbie E were better than Max Buck and would rather see any of those three go up against Kaz

I'm not sold on Max Buck. He does bring a nice energy and fast pace to his matches but I just have a hard time taking him seriously at this point. He's really just kind of generic at this point. He doesn't have the credibility as a wrestler for me to see him as a serious contender for Kaz's X Division Championship at this point. He needs a new look and some sort of character because he doesn't have the credibility and he most certainly doesn't have the look.

I will say, however, that I'll keep my mind open on this. Maybe he can do something between now and when he & Kaz clash for the title to change my mind about him.

Likewise, I'm a bit skeptical about Max Buck being the #1 contender for the X Division Championship, but I would rather see some new blood in the title picture than the same old shit.

TNA could have bored us by rehashing another series of matches with Jay Lethal, Robbie D, Amazing Red, or anyone else that has already been there, but they gave us something new. (Not saying these competitors are boring, but Lethal has 6 X division title reigns, I want to see something different.) I applaud the move. Max Buck may not be an established singles wrestler, but here is his chance to do so.

With TNA teasing the splits of Ink Inc. & the MCMG, the X Division could get very interesting...I'll be rooting for Max Buck to do well.

*Side Note* Petey Williams anyone??? He could really help out the division and I'll keep saying it until I am blue in the face!

I'm glad Max won as he was the only person going into that match who really had a story going forward. The match itself was ok, nothing spectacular, but it did it's job of putting Max over as sneaky heel.

Despite skeptics I'm sure Max could/will have some awesome matches with Kazarian for the strap if they fully intend on actually pushing Max towards the title. The thing is you guys are heavily underrating Max's promo skills. The kid leaks out this sort of selfish charisma and with him running a Generation Max gimmick, I'm sure his mic work will surprise a lot of you.

While I would have preferred to see Brian Kendrick get his shot I am not too displeased that Max Buck won. Max has the ability to put on some great matches with Kaz and I expect to be entertained with what they do in the ring. My main issue is outside of the ring. I have no idea what they can do to create legitimate heat with one another as neither man is great on the mic, perhaps they will just let Max portray his arrogance to wind up Kaz.

On a different note. Does anyone think Macho Man may actually be coming to TNA to manage Jay Lethal. I say this as Lethal's look at Lockdown seemed to be quite like Macho Man. Could this mean a return of the Black Machismo?

Not really looking forward to this match because it means we are one step closer to the splitting up of a tag team that needs to help build up the tag division more. I do not want to see that happen, but the match between Max and Kazarian should at least prove interesting given what they can each do. Max defeated Amazing Red, Brian Kendrick, Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, Jeremy Buck, and Robbie E. I would much rather see Red, Kendrick, or even Robbie in the title match due to them not being in tag teams that don't need to split up yet. At least we will probably get a good match out of the feud.

I was enjoying the match until the horrible ending. The ref literally jumped into that cage without hardly being pushed.

Kaz should keep the title in my opinion. Just personally like him alot more.

sir you are dead on! i felt the same way the ending ruined it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back