• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Morgan Looking Like A Boss

I think this could be the start of something good for Matt Morgan. He has looked like he was on the verge of something big for a few years now in TNA. Every time he started to get a push and looked like he was going to truly "make it", something held him back.

Hopefully this time Morgan can properly break through to the top of the card. Look at the guy- he has pretty much every tool you need to be a big star, and I like his mic work as a heel too. I am still a bit surprised they have him hanging around with Joey Ryan and I hope that doesnt stop him from progressing, and ends up with him in the tag-team ranks again.

Morgan could be a World Champion, and with the right push I think this could be his opportunity, after "eating his way" through the TNA roster.

Not that I think this will happen but here's a scenario that I would like to see:

The Aces and Eight's leader (whether he's revealed to be Jarrett, Steiner, Sting or whomever) claims to take over TNA when he wins the World title but eventually losses the belt to HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN (maybe at Lockdown). Matt Morgan - after months of disrespecting the GM and challenging his authority - gets a title shot and not only defeats HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN but does it with ease causing HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN to be taken out on a stretcher.

This will
A) allow HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN to be the hero of the Aces and Eights angle (which has been centered around him even though he supposedly isn't going to wrestle anymore)
B) give him an older champion to defeat so not to step on the younger talent
C) give an opening to put the most famous wrestler in history on the list of TNA World champions giving more prestige
D) give the HULKAMANIAC one last title win
E) give a major push to Matt Morgan as the man to finally end HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN'S time at the top
F) allow HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN to "pass the torch" to the younger generation and to someone whom he likes

Matt Morgan never comes across as killer monster (as he should given his size) he always comes across as a goon and a geek. When he does things like jump over the top rope, moves big men shouldn't do (he should wrestle in the style of a monster - if he wants to do some lighter moves - just occasionally work them into a match a few times a year for maximum effect).

There is just something "missing" to Matt Morgan. The best he ever looked was in 09 against Angle, and if you go back and watch thier big match, he was still doing goofy stuff in that. Now go watch Angle / Lesnar and watch the difference...

I actually really dislike Morgan's promo work. I really don't know why, something about him just rubs me the wrong way. In ring I think he can be a beast and I will gladly watching him run through just about anybody. But somehow I just can't connect with his promo work.

However I get the feeling I am in the minority when I say that. Either way, I am loving his physicality and his in ring work always impressed me. Monsters work great as heels so I hope he keeps going in that direction. He really isn't given enough credit for just how big of a man he is.

I like Morgan's new gear. Using HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN'S 1980 cape not only brings heat (and a connection for a future match - I hope, I hope, I hope) but it also makes him look bigger. His 7 foot frame as always been easy to over look as he is not as massive as other giants in the sport's history.

Second I'm glad he changed his tights. I've never been a fan of the DNA logo and white tights. It's just not intimidating. While I'm not sure gold id the right color for him either, it is at least an improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back