• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Jackson Tweets GenMe Wants a Match with Bad Influence in TNA

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Two days ago on New Year's eve Matt Jackson, one half of the tag team the Young Bucks and formerly one half of the TNA tag team Generation Me under the name Max Buck, sent out this tweet:

https://twitter.com/MattJackson13

The Young Bucks @MattJackson13:

"Our New Years Resolution is to wrestle @facdaniels & @FrankieKazarian in an @impactwrestling ring."

What do you think about a return of Matt and Nick Jackson to TNA?

Do you see it as a possibility? Would you be interested if it happened??

Although I think that they are great in-ring talents and have that kind of chemistry that mostly only brother tag teams have, I have in the past not been the biggest fan of the Bucks mostly from a standpoint of how they carried themselves outside of the ring.

With that said, I think they have matured alot over the last year plus or so since their failure to get signed by the WWE after the infamous backstage situation with Booker T. Not only do they seem to have matured personally, but they have matured as performers as well. They are no longer nearly as bland, and they are actually a very effective cocky young heel tag team.

As young as they are I think that their past criticisms can be forgiven, and I'd welcome TNA giving them a second chance. The tag team division clearly needs talented established tag teams, and the Buck's familiarity with the fanbase can only be seen as a plus as well.

As for a program with Bad Influence- the one drawback would be that the two teams are both heels that carry themselves in a very similar fashion, but given how great Daniels/Kaz have been I think they could find a way to make the program work. The matches that would result would be nothing short of spectacular and I would wager that a prolonged program between the teams would produce multiple MOTY candidates.

Hell, once Saban is fully healthy it may even give Shelley incentive to re-sign. The Guns were always adamant that their matches with the Bucks were their favorite matches as a tag team and they were very complimentary of the Jackson brothers, proclaiming to see alot of themselves in them. A Tag division with Bad Influence, MCMG, and the Bucks would help return TNA to its tag division "glory days" and result in off-the-charts matches.

If Matt Jackson is serious in proclaiming this desire to head back to TNA for the purpose of working wih Daniels and Kaz, TNA would be fools to not seriously consider the option themselves.

I've never liked the Young Bucks. They are just such dorks and have no legitimacy to me, I mean if they had short hair they would look like they go to my high school. Nevertheless, they do have their fans and would probably do well in TNA. So I would say what the hell, I dont realy give a damn about what they do.

I have also read that and It started my new year with a bang.I didnt expected to see that but they are great "young" talent and could be really helpful to the tag and x division.But the setback is if they have matured or not,however even with the atitude they are the one of the best tag teams in the world behind the time splitters of njpw (alex shelley and another guy)

TNA could certainly use another tag team. Their tag team division is virtually nonexistent right now. Gen Me, The Bucks or whatever you wanna call them are young and have a ton of energy. With TNA's tag team picture so weak right now, Generation Me could certainly be of use.

I wasn't a huge fan of the team because, frankly, they're a couple of spot monkeys on the indy circuit who've garnered a following that believes them to be the greatest thing in wrestling history. The indy scene is packed with guys like that and a ton of such wrestlers have come & gone through TNA. Don't get me wrong. They were incredibly fast & agile, which is all well and good, but their matches tended to be filled with nothing but spots. Nothing wrong with that if it's what you're into, but there are FAR too many wrestlers that do that to try & hide the fact that they have very little to offer apart from spots. While a look is certainly not the end all & be all, I honestly have trouble taking these two seriously. Seriously, they look like a couple of 15 or 16 year old, baby faced 5'8" 150 pound boys. They look like the kind of boys Cody Rhodes and his new mustache would love to give rub downs to after Phys Ed. class. Gen Me also showed little to no real personality when they were in TNA. When they did get mic time, it was hilarious to watch & listen to these two try and sound like bad asses.

I'm surprised they've voiced any interest in returning. Aside from allegedly having very snotty attitudes, they say they weren't making any money in TNA. If I remember right, they were both signed to a paid by appearance deal like the majority of the roster and were paid $300 per appearance. Since leaving TNA, I haven't heard of them going out and conquering the rest of the wrestling world. From what I understand, they haven't really done anything to expect TNA to offer them anything more than what they were getting before.

But hey, as I said, TNA can use them. Even if they're not stars, they can still be of use. I don't see a feud between them and Daniels & Kazarian being all that much. I'm sure the matches would be pretty good but I just don't have much faith in Gen Me's ability to help build the feud. Kazarian isn't much on the mic, unless he's impersonating AJ Styles, but he's well out of Gen Me's league and we all know Daniels is as well.

If Joey Ryan is on the creative team as I suspect he is then the Bucks will be back in Tna sometime this year .They trust him and his booking, I'm just looking forward to guys like Willie Mack, TMDK, Shaun Ricker, and Brian Cage signing aswell.

As far as their so called attitude problems? I think that stuff was way over blown and with Joey Ryan being there they will be more comfortable with who's booking them.

They're losers. Both of them. I wrote up some tirade on them a while ago where I talked about how their legacy in TNA was telling everyone they were from Rancho Cucamonga on ReAction, as if anyone gave a fuck who wasn't from Rancho Cucamonga themselves.

That said, I'd actually bring them back, because TNA is absolutely dying for depth in the tag division.

What do you think about a return of Matt and Nick Jackson to TNA?

Do you see it as a possibility? Would you be interested if it happened??

Well I don't think it WILL happen, I just think that this is a dream match for them. Nobody else has announced it and after these guys left, they both went on anti-TNA rants. Why would Dixie take them on then? Unless it's because WWE didn't take them on and they regret leaving TNA and also because that TNA is desperate in need for a tag-team for their poor division.

I guess the match would be interesting seeing as they are all so talented in the ring but if you think about the build up or promos to the match, they wouldn't really be that interesting. Generation Me haven't given any decent promos, what would they do in promos with Bad Influence then? Bad influence are entertaining, does Generation Me have that thing about them?

So I reckon the match would be interesting but the build up would be awful.

If Young Bucks came back to TNA, I guess I would mind but you can't say that those guys aren't idiots. Soon as they left TNA, there career took a downturn. These guys thought they had options. They thought they were going to get into WWE but all they did was burn a bridge there and in ROH, they did nothing of notice. They should have just been patient and never left TNA to begin with now they're forgotten. I wouldn't blame TNA for bringing them back but really TNA doesn't need them and they don't deserve a second chance because they've proven that they couldn't swim or stay afloat after their TNA release

All you need to ask here is what should be the only question asked when making any wrestling related decision for a company:

Will this make us money?

Considering tag team wrestling doesn't seem to be a focus at all in TNA and since Bad Influence aren't the champions right now for reasons of stupidity, I'm guessing the match right now wouldn't have a prayer of mattering. Even if Daniels and Kazarian become champions again, does this program have dollar signs? I don't think so. The matches might be good but they won't draw anything so why bring in a couple of guys that the organization isn't very fond of. WCW knew Warrior was a nutjob in 1998 but despite his awful performances, he made the company money. This wouldn't make TNA a dime and thus, I see no reason to bring these guys back despite a few fans on the internet thinking it would be a cool match.

It wouldn't hurt. Probably wouldn't help much either. Yeah we would have a feud in the tag division for a month or two, and 3 or 4 great matches could be put together, but what will it do in the long run? Nothing. Plus, one team would have to be a face team. I don't see Bad Influence turning face any time soon. GenMe left as heels. They can't just come back as faces. Although, stranger things have happened.

Go for it, I don't care.

Soon as they left TNA, there career took a downturn. These guys thought they had options. They thought they were going to get into WWE but all they did was burn a bridge there and in ROH, they did nothing of notice. They should have just been patient and never left TNA to begin with now they're forgotten. I wouldn't blame TNA for bringing them back but really TNA doesn't need them and they don't deserve a second chance because they've proven that they couldn't swim or stay afloat after their TNA release

I'm not at all understanding where this idea is coming from that the Buck's have done nothing since leaving TNA.

You people do realize that wrestling exists outside of WWE, TNA, and even ROH right??

The only real failure they had since exiting TNA was not getting signed to the WWE, which was another example of the youthful big-headedness that they are seemingly growing out of.

Since leaving TNA...
They did return to ROH where, despite not winning the titles they had some success. They won a four team gauntlet at Final Battle 2011 that made them number one contenders, they fought for the titles at the Anniversary show in 2012, and they worked a good program with ANX and got a win during the wrestlemania weekend shows. The only reason ROH stopped booking the Bucks is due to the cost of bringing them in from California, the same reason they stopped booking TJ Perkins at the same time.

And outside of ROH:
In PWG they held the tag titles for the majority of 2011, had a great bout with the Super Smash Brothers for the vacated titles this past Spring, and at Threemendous III they were involved in the best wrestling match in America in 2012 that was competed outside of the "big 3".

They are also the current Chikara Campeonatos de Parejas, winning those titles at Chikarasaurus Rex seven months ago and defending them multiple times since. As well as teaming with Mike Bennet to make the finals of 2012 King of Trios.

They have improved their ring work to be more than spot monkey's, and took the heel gimmick that they used late in their TNA run and have run with it and improved on it to greatly grow as characters/personalities as well.

For kids who were handed far too much, far too young, and let it seem to effect their inflated opinions of themselves; they have gone back, worked hard, and have apparently matured to the point that they may be ready to take the next step again and actually be prepared to make the most of it.

The Bucks are doing just fine, and they surely don't "need" TNA. I can't imagine they would make more money with TNA then they are making now. But they are expressing interest in getting what would be a dream match for them with Bad Influence, which means some interest exists for them to step back up into the bigger spotlight again.

Really the truth is Matt and Nick have done fine since leaving, whether the big company marks want to believe it or not. TNA and their tag division really need the Bucks moreso than vice versa, which is why TNA should take advantage if Matt Jackson is being sincere. If the Bucks prove to be underwhelming in front of the camera or act like spoiled brats behind it, cut ties again. Considering the Bucks' age and potential, as well as the state of TNA's tag division, it is worth a shot.

I would LOVE to see the return of Gen Me to TNA! I have always been a big fan of them and thought they had a ton of potential and lord knows TNA could use another established team in that division.

Here's a simple but effective idea on how to use them IF they return, Have them as heels and really play up them being all about what's best for them. Hell give them a hot valet to be their mouthpiece, Madison Rayne comes to mind as a perfect fit for this role.

Also Gen Me vs BI would be a highly entertaining match and possibly great feud, Maybe as good as Gen Me vs MCMG was. :shrug:

Let them come in and add something to the tag-division. They can flip around, look like fools - either way, they're better than any current tag team bar Daniels and Kaz.

However, I still think they're two little douchebags who are way too green in more ways than one. Knowing Dixie, all they need is to make some puppy eyes at her and they're back on the payroll.

Gen Me are stiffs. A poor man's Hardy Boyz circa 1998. There are already enough worthless wrestlers on TNA's roster.

Daniels and Kaz are above these losers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back