Master of the Powerbomb?

Master of the Powerbomb?!

• Sid Vicious

• Vader

• Kevin Nash

• Scott Norton

• Someone else (please tell who you chose)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Blitzkonic

Manager to the Fizzled Stars
Moderator Notes

I'm seeing a lot of lists with just names on here. Make sure to give a name and a reason for why you chose him. Or else it's spam and could result in an infraction. Thank you.

Now this here ought to be an interesting discussion. Over the years we have seen many people dubbed "the master of the powerbomb"...Well now we're about to ask YOU, the WZ fans, who you think it is. We're not talking crucifix powerbombs (Razor's Edge), elevated powerbombs (Taker's Last Ride) or even sitouts (Batista Bomb ><)...We're talking a straight-up pick 'em up and bomb 'em. Vader may be my favorite wrestler and he's had some nasty powerbombs but my nod goes to Sid...Go youtube Sid vs. Diesel, the way he pulled the powerbomb on Diesel with no hint of sloppiness... that wins it for me.

And in case you're thinking Mr. Gannosuke and the Ganso Bomb, yes it counts.

No, It's Kevin Nash all the way. It's so easily him I am almost shocked anyone said any different although that is to be expected. Everyone but him has a "Powerbomb" Kevin Nash has "The Jackknife" which although is a powerbomb, is also a variation of the powerbomb in it's own class. Ever notice in all the games how there are powerbombs and then there's the Jackknife? Yeah, that's because he was and is the best at it, so much so that they put his in it's own category aside from all the others. The difference is that instead of driving the person to the ground like a traditional powerbomb, once the person gets to the climax of the move they are dropped down instead using their own body weight and momentum against them. It looks better, and has a better sound when you hit the mat. I always hated Vader he was just some fat guy who acted like a fucking mongoloid, I liked Sid but his powerbomb wasn't as impressive after seeing Vader and Nash do their own, and no one else with differing versions has done them as well as Kevin Nash. Kevin Nash is the master of the Jackknife, the superior version of the powerbomb. No if, ands, or buts about it.

I agree with The Game Rages On Kevin Nash's Jacknife owns all. He could do it to pretty much everyone on which ever promotion he wrestled for. And it looks that once he lifts them up, there aint shit they can do about it because he drops them immediately when they go in the air, unlike other powerbombs where it looks like they could be countered.

Well to reiterate my post. For me Sid just had a cleaner looking power bomb while i feel Nashs was alot more devastating looking if that makes any sense. Both i fully respect, i still liked Sids because of just how super clean they looked, but Nash is right there behind in terms of good looking powerbombs. Nashs looked like he could take you through the ring back in the day heh.

my problem with the jacknife powerbomb is the same as what you like about it. the way that he drops the makes it a potentially dangerous move to take. while it is important to look good while doing a move it is also important be safe. does anyone remember when kevin nash dropped big show on his neck? and i know that big show is the exception not the rule but the way it is performed makes me nervous.

jack knife is good and all, but my fav has got to be the last ride, when the height Taker gets u up, its just awsome to watch

Well I'm going to disagree with most of you and pick Vader. Why Vader you ask? Because a powerbomb is supposed to be about brute force and Vader was all about brute force.

When you say master of the powerbomb you do mean they can do it without dropping you on your head? Because I've seen many of Nash's powerbomb's go south turning into a piledriver. Vader on the other hand brings them all the way up and uses all of his body weight to bring them down. Nash doesn't even bring them all the way up so how can it be the superior bomb? It can't so Vader must be the master of the powerbomb.

i'm gonna throw you ALL for a loop and pick someone who wasnt even MENTIONED. I'm talking about the person to FIRST use a powerbomb in the United States. In fact, when they used this move, the commentators didnt even know what to call it. To my knowledge it was NEVER used before and this pewrson was the first to use it.. and they used it more than once.. many times ending the match and succesfully defending their championship with the move. Who am i talking about? None other than WWE Legenda... WENDI RICHTER!

Wendi was the FIRST person I ever saw use a powerbomb, and this was AFTER she had left the wwf and was wrestling in the NWF and had their Women's Championship. It was a match with her defending against Liz CHase and Wendi tucked CHase's head between her knees, grabbed her around the waist and hoisted her up in the air over her shoulders, then drove her HARD into the canvas, folding her up for the pin and a successful title defense. The commentators referred to it as a "suplex type move" because they honestly didnt know what to call it since it was the first time it was ever used, and that was back around 1986 after she had left Vinnie Land.

Honorable mention goes to both Bull Nakano and to Monster Ripper, as these two ladies had INCREDIBLE powerbombs in their arsenal but, due to the fact that they were WOMEN.. werent allowed to use them in the WWE because some of the MEN in the federation were using the powerbomb and Vince didnt want to "cheapen the idea of a powerbomb" by having women use the move.

Well I'm going to disagree with most of you and pick Vader. Why Vader you ask? Because a powerbomb is supposed to be about brute force and Vader was all about brute force.

Finally someone who remembers Big Van Vader. That man just screamed "Step in the ring with me and I will destroy you". Most powerbombs these days are about lifting the person up and dropping them. Vader was the only one I remember who was about pulling you down as well to make the move more powerful. Whenever I saw Vader hit the powerbomb I honestly thought his opponent's back and neck were both gonna be broken and that to me is an effective finisher.

I have to go with Psycho Sid. Yes there were other guys before Sid's time who used the powerbomb, but just watching Sid while i was growing up when he was in wwf: His powerbomb just looked painful and perfect. Anytime he hit it you just knew the opponent wasn't getting up. Just watch videos of his powerbombs to Bret hart, British bulldog, and especially Shawn Michaels. Sid will never get his credit but he has the best powerbomb, and he's the reason so many wrestlers after him use it now.

Sid, Nash, and Vader all had sick powerbombs. They were the ultiminate finishers back when a finisher meant something. It was very rare to see anyone kick out of them.

I think the winner is Nash, and I'll explain lower, but here are my thoughts on the others first.

Sid- I remember him using it and the announcers hyping the hell out of it, but it seemed pretty generic.

Vader- Really seemed devistating and painful. Didn't he almost kill Cactus Jack (for real) with it? Vader's sheer gerth made the move even more destructive.

Kevin Nash- He could use the powerbomb on anyone. The two that stand out the most to me are in MSG against Bob Backlund and the powerbomb of the Giant (Show). Nash's MSG match vs newly crowned WWF champ Backlund was thrilling. His powerbomb completely caught Backlund off guard and ultimately spelled the end of Backlund's career. Backlund had just beaten Bret Hart in a controversial Submission/I Quit match and was on top of the world. Nash's powerbomb beat the champ in about 10 seconds.

Now, the fact that Nash powerbombed the Giant (Show) speaks for itself. Youtube it and look on it awe! Nuff said.

No one was immune from the Jacknife Powerbomb.

From this list it's Vader and it's him easily ! Nash and Sid for the most part picked guys up and let them go but Vader tried to almost drive you through the mat, especially in Japan !

It was either 1991 or 1992 on T.V. during a squash match in which Vader broke the back of a jobber legit with a powerbomb( think the guy's nam was Joe or Joel Thurmund).

2 other guys, Toshiaki Kawada and Stan Hansen also had better powerbombs than either Nash or Sid in my opinion !

Vader

no contest. No one has had more velocity behind their powerbomb than Vader. Hell VADER BROKE A MAN'S BACK WITH THE MOVE.

Undertaker and Nash would tie for 2nd place.

While I'm a fan of the Jackkknife I have to go with Vader on this one because of the amount of strength and brutality he got behind it. The man was an animal in the ring and this was one of his deadliest moves. I've yet to see someone hit a release powerbomb quite like the REAL Big Daddy V.

I nearly voted for Jushin Liger but luckily read the no variations bit at the end. Another crisis averted by reading ;)

i saw at least 1 guy say mike awesome, and im gonna agree with him, i never watched ECW when it was around then i got a buncha DVDs and mike awesome really stood out with his vicious awesome bombs. it also looks like everyone forgot to mention a new guy... didn't sheamus retire jamie noble with a devestating powerbomb? i would say that makes him a master?

Well, call me biased but I'd put my money on Jushin "Thunder" Liger's Ligerbomb and running Ligerbomb. Anyone north of 6' can do an acceptable one to most, but pound for pound Liger is one of the stronger guys out there and at a reported 5'7" is able to hoist guys many times his size with ease.

I'll always have a soft spot for Kevin Nash's Jack knife. Although Scott Norton's power bomb seems realistic in the fact that he SLAMS the living hell out of people on the way down, I just find it awesome when you see Nash hoist them up, and let them freefall from 7+ Feet in the air.

Liger's power bomb is also quite awesome as well because he actually slams them and sometimes converts the result into a pin or another strategic move that leads to a pin. Unfortunately Nash gets me every time.

Kevin Nash is the master of the powerbomb. If you dont agree just remember who was the only man who even had the brass balls to attempt to powerbomb the giant; and almost pulled it off....Sid would break his skinny little legs tryin and Vader wouldnt even be able to get his fat arms in position to even try. Another reason is Nash's jackknifes always just looked devistating.

Vader all the way. He terrified other wrestlers with his stiffness, and there weren't too many eager volunteers for his Vader Bomb. Some of the other wrestlers mentioned, their power bombs are hit or miss with how ferocious it looks. Never the case with Vader. It always looked devastating. Heck, he protected Cactus Jack with the bomb he gave him on the concrete, but you couldn't tell by watching it.

I never saw the Jacknife as effective. He just lets you go. Yea, a freefall hurts, but not as much as being drilled into the mat.

Point is, Vader's powerbomb struck fear in fans and wrestlers alike. Now that's a convincing powerbomb.

Mike Awesome and the Awesome Bomb is my pick. I unfortunately have nothing much more to say about this thing of beauty, seeing it done does far more justice than words I can come up with. Why isn't taker on the list. The last ride is pretty wicked

I'll have to go with Kevin Nash on this one. He's had the most success in his career using that move. His powerbomb was pure devistation on his opponents. Another reason, maybe I'm wrong although I don't recall Vader, Sid or Norton do it it but I remember Kevin Nash powerbombing the Giant (Big Show) in WCW. Has any of them powerbombed a man that size before?

Kevin Nash is my hands down pick. Even at nearly fifty years old he powerbombed Kurt Angle on Impact not long ago, and it looked great. Just the way he handled himself getting ready for it. Knee to the midsection, propped them between his legs, fixed his hair and held his fist (Wolfpack sign) in the air, and delivered.

jack knife is good and all, but my fav has got to be the last ride, when the height Taker gets u up, its just awsome to watch

I agree that move just looks vicious when he connects it right and lifts them all the way up. It also looks cool because he raises them up making it look better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back