• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mass Effect 2 is coming...

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
www.totalvideogames.com_screenshot-043-o_69950__size_655_1500.jpg

www.totalvideogames.com_screenshot-030-o_69939__size_655_1500.jpg

Now, before I get started, I would like to say that I am not a fan of the Mass Effect series but hopefully, writing out this thread will make me see the error of my ways and will hopefully get me on board with what I am missing from the series. For all intensive purposes, the picture that is shown above should be enough for me. Look at those graphics... They looks so polished and real that I am really looking forward to seeing a lot more form the game and I am not going to lie to you, I am getting more and more excited for the release as it gets closer and closer to us. On January 26th, North Americans will have the game available to them and then it will be quickly followed on the 29th by the European release.

Now, I would be lying if I said that I don't like the look of the new game. It looks really fresh and I am really looking forward to seeing what new features are added to the sequel that was not available in the original. However, it is the legacy of the original that really, really puts me off. I got the original Mass Effect as a Christmas present years ago. I was so excited for it and when I unwrapped it on the morning of Christmas, I was thrilled to bits. I immediately put it in my 360 and was completely underwhelmed. It was horrible. I have no idea why I didn't like it because all of the features of a good game were there. It was graphically great and the game play was pretty decent. However, for some unknown reason, I didn't like the game. My hope though, is that this game will remedy the failings of the first one and hopefully, I can be as into the games as everyone else seems to be.

So what do you guys think of the upcoming release? What do you think of the screenshots and what are your expectations of the game as a whole?

I'm pretty sure I gave you the idea for this thread. :lmao:

But anyway, I'm a huge fan of Bioware. In my eyes, they're the best developers in the world, probably second to only Nintendo. Everything they put out is just so awesome. Especially KOTOR.

As for Mass Effect, I'm a huge fan. I thought it was extremely innovative in putting together an RPG/Sci-Fi/Action hybrid. The story was awesome, as was the twist at the end. While the gameplay took a while to get used to, it was really involving once you did get used to it. And I've never really been attached to a games character the way I've been attached to Shepard.

I really can't wait for Mass Effect 2. It's a shame that Bioware couldn't get it out in time for christmas, but I know it's taking an extra month for a reason. It's better that they take their time on the game and make sure it's good rather than rushing it and getting it out for Xmas. So yeah, it's officially my most anticipated game of 2010... Assuming Mario Galaxy 2 is delayed till 2011.

Oh, I'm definately looking forward to this one. I got ME1, and to me, i felt as if it should have been open ended. Finish the final fight, and finish up side quests. Hopefully, this next game can remedy it. That, plus the detail that if Shepard happens to die, you won't use him anymore is something that gives it a little more realism in the sense of "I got to do this instead of that" approach.

Yes, I am very excited for this game and got a lot of hopes that it will deliver, just like the first one.

As for Mass Effect, I'm a huge fan. I thought it was extremely innovative in putting together an RPG/Sci-Fi/Action hybrid.

Really Blade? Did we not play System Shock 2?

In any case, the screen shots looks okay. I mean, i've certainly seen better graphics around. My concern with the game is how similar it is going to be to the other BioWare games going around? I always get a sniggling suspicion that theyre games are just a little bit too similar. Sure, the stories are different, but something its like a shadow of KOTOR here, and fingerprint of The Witcher here. Maybe it's just their style, but UI'd like to see Mass Effect 2 really become a unique game instead of just playing it safe.

Really Blade? Did we not play System Shock 2?

You mean the second most overrated game ever, after Metal Gear Solid 2? Hmmm...

Ok, just got an update on IGN that apparently the game is going to come on 2 discs. Two fucking discs. In this day and age, any game with more than one disc is absolutely massive. I mean, think about this... Since games have started being put on DVD discs instead of ROMS, no game that I can think of has been on 2 discs. Oblivion was on 1 disc, and if Mass Effect 2 is up to twice the size of Oblivion, this game could quite possibly the biggest (Non MMO) game of all time. Wow.

I don't know about you guys, but this just makes it better for me. The more Mass Effect, the better. I just hope there isn't a big price increase because it's on 2 discs... But my god, I'm looking forward to this....

I'm soo excited about mass effect 2. y? because I preordered Dragon Age I'm getting the blood dragon armor! plus whatever gamestop exclusives. I have a lvl 60 soldier but I'm not sure I'm gonna use him... I may as well change to the new biotic class.

I am very excited about the prospect of the game and Blade is right about the excitement of it coming on two discs. If it indeed come on two discs, I can see it becoming one of the most expansive games that has ever graced any console and that is a very real and exciting possibility. I am hoping that Bioware are concentrating on quality and not just quantity. Of course, you cannot get too much of a good thing and this will be the case if Mass Effect 2 is going to be the game that everyone projects it to be.

With that in mind, I am very much looking forward to seeing how much they have learned form the first one. I recently previewed Crackdown 2 and showed how the developers were taking everything into account and trying to build a great game off of it, whilst keeping the same dynamics of the first game in place. Hopefully, Bioware do the same and we can enjoy the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back