Masked Wrestlers in the WWE/FCW

thrilla11

Pre-Show Stalwart
I've noticed that there are 2 masked wrestlers in FCW:
Hunico

hunico.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incognito_(wrestler)
Incognito is the ring name of a Hispanic Luchador enmascarado, or masked professional wrestler, who is currently signed by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) under a development deal under the ring name Hunico. Incognition has mainly worked for the professional wrestling promotion Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) in Mexico and Chikara in the US as well as working for various independent promoters along the US/Mexico border. Incognito originally wrestled under the name "Místico", making his debut under that name around the same time as the much more well known Místico of Mexico City.
and Dos Caras Jr.
Dos-caras.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dos_Caras,_Jr.
Alberto Rodriguez (born May 25, 1977) is a Luchador enmascarado (Spanish for masked professional wrestler) and mixed martial artist who has worked primarily in Mexico and Japan. While he has appeared for various mixed martial arts (MMA) promotions he's mostly known for his work as a professional wrestler in Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL). He is one time World Heavyweight Champion with one reign of the CMLL World Heavyweight Championship. On June 17, 2009 it was announced that Dos Caras, Jr. had signed a three-year contract with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), where he wrestles in its developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling as Alberto Banderas. Later on he wrestled on the WWE Raw WrestleMania Revenge tour as Dos Caras.
Dos Caras, Jr. is the son of Luchador Dos Caras, the nephew of Mil Mascaras and Sicodelico and the cousin of Sicodelico, Jr. and Hijo de Sicodelico, making him part of one of the most well known Mexican wrestling families to date. His name translates as Two Faces, Junior, after his father Dos Caras, or "Two Faces" and refers to the symbol of a double headed eagle on his mask.
Also, there were rumors that Senshi (Low Ki) was supposed to don a mask and attack Rey Mysterio but because Senshi got injured, those plans were pushed to the side.
PWInsider.com:
"Low Ki (a.k.a. "Kaval") is expected to debut soon on SmackDown and begin a feud with Rey Mysterio. He will debut under a mask and programmed as someone from Mysterio's past in Mexico. Officials first discussed the idea early last year, but plans were thwarted when the former TNA X Division champion suffered a serious leg injury."

LowKi2.jpg

So I was wondering what you think VKM plans to do with 4 masked wrestlers (Hunico, Caras Jr., Senshi and Rey)? Rey IS injured and is already planning retirement so does VKM plan on replacing him with another masked wrestler? Isn't very unlikely that Vince would have 4 masked wrestlers in the main roster at one time?

There's no cruiserweight or light heavyweight championship so they would have no place on Smackdown or on RAW. So do you think that the appearances of these 3 "new" wrestlers shows that the cruiserweight title might make a come back?

Or will we see a tag team of masked wrestlers for the first time in recent memory in the WWE? Or do you think that VKM would never bring these guys up to the main roster?

Penny for your thoughts.

Why in the blue fuck do people have to write the same stupid word in two fucking languages? "Luchador enmascarado or masked wrestler"? Its the same shit! Its like with those jackass commentators who say "Lucha libre style". What? You mean wrestling style? Yes Mike Tenay, they are wrestling with a wrestling style.

Dos Caras wrestled without a mask in the dark match I saw him in

Dos caras Jr is Alberto Banderas and he is wrestling without his mask.

Kaval will have a great future on SD and now that Rey is retiring, I'm pretty sure that he will take over his role.

Dos Caras wrestled without a mask in the dark match I saw him in

Dos caras Jr is Alberto Banderas and he is wrestling without his mask.

Kaval will have a great future on SD and now that Rey is retiring, I'm pretty sure that he will take over his role.
alberto_banderas.jpg

:suspic:

doscarasalbertobanderas.JPG

He should go back to the mask.

Isn't it disgraceful to have a wrestler's mask taken off his face? I thought that the mask was their life? I thought that to take the mask off a wrestler's face is the same as raping their wife in front of them. It doesn't make sense that he would do this so willingly. Here's what Rey said when WCW asked him to take his mask off:
I was strongly against it! I don't think WCW understood what the mask meant to me, to my fans and to my family. It was a very bad move on their behalf. The fans wanted Rey Mysterio with the mask and losing it hurt me a lot. It was also frustrating that it didn't come as the climax to a feud with another masked wrestler, but in a throwaway match. The same thing happened to Juventud and Psicosis and psychologically wise it was a bad move by Eric Bischoff.
I wonder if the Mexican lucha libre fans are outraged about this. I would think that Dos Caras Sr. would be pissed off and disappointed at his son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back