Mask vs Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

VABurghman

Pre-Show Stalwart
WWE is in sore need of a strong storyline and something to build a higher level of excitement. So, even given the botched debut of Sin Cara and the mis-use of how much they hyped him up pre-debut, why not give him a big push in Smackdown. Have Mysterio talk about how Sin Cara is an imitator and can never be as good as he was. Have Sin Cara return fire. Set up a Bragging Rights match between the two. Mask vs Mask. Someone WILL be unmasked.

Problem with that and any Mask vs Mask match in WWE. Rey has already been unmasked in WCW. So to those who remember and feel their intelligence insulted don't want to see it.

well rey is on the raw roster
BUT i would doubt that wwe would turn him heel considering that he been face he's most of the time i would turn sin Cara heel so then Rey could still have money coming in for wwe
also i would change sin Cara's colours to red not blue

I wouldnt want to see a mask v mask match. I also feel that the wrestlers involved do not want to be in the match. Rey was asked to do this in WCW and was going to but he and Eddie Guerrero felt so strongly about it that they didnt in the end (he maybe did it in another match, im unsure).

The mask is part of the wrestlers identity and they should never be placed in a position where they have to lose it. How would Rey or Sin cara ever return to wearing a mask after being de-masked? WWE sell far to many of them to consider it.

Also I cant see the mask match drawing a lot of PPV buys, it would seem like a waste, especially at Bragging rights.

Im all for a Sin Cara v Rey fued however.

I think that a mask vs mask would be unfair to either, Rey hated taking off his mask to those drunk fucks, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, while they were egging him on. I don't want that to happen with either Sin Cara or Rey Mysterio who themselves have great backgrounds.

Here is the issue with that. Rey has already been unmasked. Rey has heat with some workers in Mexico for putting his mask back on. The rule is once you lose your mask, you don't wear it again. However, Rey donned it again when he signed with the WWE (despite millions of people already knowing he lost his mask in WCW and know what he looks like).
Besides, if you are looking for logic in booking, never look to the WWE

in theory this is a good idea... in practice its up there with sticking a world title on Swagger - recockulous....

the revnue wwe makes of Rey is untold and turning him heel would make no sense for them, and Sin Cara doesn't speak English very well, and as a lucha libre it'll never happen....

good idea but keep thinkin son....

A mask vs. mask idea isn't that great.I do think that they should have a series of matches between these two!

Show some of these younger fans what Lucha Libre is truly all about.

There are only 2 ways I think at this point Rey should unmask:

1.If I remember correctly Rey's nephew,son of the original Rey Mysterio Sr. has a son that has started wrestling and I think he's being booked as the next Rey Mysterio Jr. The current Rey unmasks for family tradition.

2.have Rey be #20 in "The Streak",have the same stip of career vs. streak.
after match Rey hands over the mask to end feud as is the tradition...so I'm told.

Not the worst idea but these things only work when it's a perfect fit. Like when Doom had to unmask. For the most part it's either breaking up a team (ex: Doom & rvd/Kane) or bringing someone in a totally different direction. Kane might be the exception. While he stayed the big red machine, his attire changed & he went heel. Since these 2 are the only guys with masks & knowing their heritage & add in the money wwe makes off Rey & cara masks, it wouldn't be the smart business thing to do. Since they're both faces & enjoyed by the kids it won't happen with them. Again, not a bad idea tho just for the right people.

Didn't Rey had to get written permission to put his mask back on? Mexican wrestlers value their masks. If they lose it they aren't supposed to put it back on. Having a mask vs mask match would fuck it up for the loser no matter who the loser was as they both rely on it.

WWE would not do this match as there would only be one winner = Rey. The money that comes in from selling his mask's to fans would stop. Sin Cara does need a tittle run on smackdown though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back