Mark Henry's Post-Slam Rant...the Start of Something?

lilnev2009

Occasional Pre-Show
How about that post slam rant just now by mark henry? I have to say that was more impressive than any promo I can recently remember. The second he said "let him suffer like I suffer" I knew this was going to be good. Everything he said was spot on, raw emotionally and damn sure believeable. I like how he came acroos because he seemed like a bonafide, stud heel. He clowned the crowd, he told a kid to get his hands off of him and he left saying "it's about to get crazy around here". Excellent. But this leads to a bigger point. I have been saying for months that they are going to be putting together a faction resembling the nation of domination. Could I be right? First R-Truth, now mark henry....now watch for Kofi kingston. Kingston can have the same chip on his shoulder because Austin put him in the match at the PPV and he lost the title. What do yall think? And would you be interested in seeing something like that happen?

I do think this is the start of a final push of some sort. Mark Henry said awhile back that he wants to retire sometime in the near future and this may be how he is sent out. I know the guy is limited in the ring but I can't say I would hate to see him in a program with Orton feuding over the WHC. He is one of the guys that has stayed loyal to Vince for the better part of his career. Yeah he hasn't led a HOF career but the guy is a good worker and he is a draw. The casual wrestling fan goes to shows to see the big monster guys and the dude has been doing it for awhile.

LOL NO! Of all the topics I see repeatedly come up around here (Zack Ryder, Cena, etc.) this one is the silliest. I do not want to see the Nation of Domination come back, and I probably speak for about 90% of fans when I say they don't even remember them or don't care to ever see it again. They were a black panther type racist gimmick and you cannot do it anymore. They weren't good, The Rock is the only truly successful member to come out of it. Ron Simmons was successful before the NOD, and let me say it again, WWE is PG, the gimmick is that WWE was discriminating against black athletes. That storyline can't work now, too touchy of a subject. Their feuds with people involved suggested the use of the N word. Please let this die.

LOL NO! Of all the topics I see repeatedly come up around here (Zack Ryder, Cena, etc.) this one is the silliest. I do not want to see the Nation of Domination come back, and I probably speak for about 90% of fans when I say they don't even remember them or don't care to ever see it again. They were a black panther type racist gimmick and you cannot do it anymore. They weren't good, The Rock is the only truly successful member to come out of it. Ron Simmons was successful before the NOD, and let me say it again, WWE is PG, the gimmick is that WWE was discriminating against black athletes. That storyline can't work now, too touchy of a subject. Their feuds with people involved suggested the use of the N word. Please let this die.

Actually, anyone who knows their WWE history knows of the Nation. We know it's where The Rock became the star he is today. also I don't know what you call "Successful" either. The Godfather was a multi time IC champ, European champ, and Tag champ. D-Lo as well. How is that not successful? There are lots of guys in the WWE hall of fame who never won a world title, just like them. Godfather was one of the most love characters of his time, getting just as big a pop as the top stars. What do you mean nothing like this could fly now? R-Truth is basically doing it now, just without SAYING that it's because he's black. But really now.. Calling everyone "Jimmy's" do you know what a "Jimmy" is in the Ghetto? A dude's dick. Taking all the "Jimmy's hats".. A Jimmyhat? That's a rubber. See, the WWE can make references to things, and not even come out and be direct about it.

As for Mark.. I like it. Always nice to see one of the Vet's get honored with one final push. Would love to see the same thing for Goldust one day as well.

Really? The Godfather was a novelty gimmick that lasted about 2 years or so, D-Lo while a great wrestler, became instantly irrelevant after the NOD broke up, although I think that has more to with him being on the shit list for breaking Droz's neck. Mark Henry has never been important ever. He has just floated through the WWE since 1996 and they push him whenever they need a monster heel for a bit. I am fine with them giving him a nice little run before he retires he's earned it, but the NOD will never come back, its just not needed.

Really? The Godfather was a novelty gimmick that lasted about 2 years or so D-Lo while a great wrestler, became instantly irrelevant after the NOD broke up, although I think that has more to with him being on the shit list for breaking Droz's neck. Mark Henry has never been important ever. He has just floated through the WWE since 1996 and they push him whenever they need a monster heel for a bit. I am fine with them giving him a nice little run before he retires he's earned it, but the NOD will never come back, its just not needed.

Regardless of how long they were there, and if they were the BIG main event people, doesn't mean they never did anything. The mid card talent was just as important then. They still won a number of titles, and back in a time these titles actually mattered. If those Characters were starting their career now? They probably WOULD be the main event ones. Due to the lack there of now. Everyone said Kane would never win another World title, yet he did. Christian was another one people said would never get one, he did. You never know what they will do with Mark Henry on Smackdown. It's about time he gets to be the Monster again that he does better than most of the big men.

I have to agree with what u said abt his rant. It was a really good rant for him. He came off really strong. It seemed to have a real life effect to it. Idk if it'll be the start of a push or not. I would rather not see a Nation type faction and I believe if all the superstars in a 'chip on our shoulder' faction are all black, then it would be received as a Nation reborn thing and wouldn't be popular. But as to your topic, def was a really good rant and we'll have to see what comes of it.

I have been saying it for some time about a black stable coming soon in the WWE. It doesn't have to be based around racism but " respect ". It's the adage that many blacks say and feel. They work hard and can't get a break. WWE is working that angle now with R Truth. Mark Henry is playing into the same thing. I think it can work. Hell it's working already. I commend WWE for putting it out there even though its not blatant. Yes some white are very uncomfortable dealing with race but it does exist.

Mark Henry is a company man that put on some good matches in his career. Whether you like him or not, he will be in the HOF one day. Mark had a better career than Ernie Ladd. And the cat is in the HOF. Mark will follow. He is one of a number of African Americans to get in. Unfortunately, there are a number of Blacks that were way better than the Blacks in the HOF that may never be recognized . [ Norvell Austin, Pistol Pez Whatley, Sweet Brown Sugar, Ice Man King Parsons, etc. ]

I wouldnt care too much if the came up with a group like nod again or not. Henry doesnt even need a group to be honest. Keep doing what he showed tonight and he's good on his own. I always liked him as a heel anyway..he brings a thought of realness to this storyline

Thats my point. I don't understand this notion why it has to be racism if there is a stable of black guys not together because they are just black but because they feel disrespected. The nation of domination had slight racist elements but am I the only one who remembers that owen hart was in there? Last time i checked he wasn't black. Also this notion of the nation of domination being some scrubs is laughable. This just in: THE NATION OF DOMINATION HAD A BETTER COLLECTION OF TALENT THEN DX EVER HAD! DX had HHH, HBK and I can stretch for chyna but after that spare me the foolishness. Billy Gunn and Road dogg were funny thats all and Xpac was there strictly to catch an ass whooping. The NOD had Ron simmons who was a main eventer, the Rock, DLo brown(former Euro. Champ), Godfather (former IC champ), Owen Hart, mark henry and viscera. If you create a semi nation of domination or even if you want to look at it as evolution with Kofi kingston, Mark henry, R Truth and maybe a booker T or Teddy Long or if you can convince the Rock to be a part of it ( maybe henry can convince him for a short run) now we are talking no? And if it was to happen, why wouldn't it be believeable? You have 3 guys who have been "disrespected" and an old school guy who can essentially be the ric flair of the group and show Truth and Kofi the ropes. Fine, don't call it the nation of domination but why not put these guys together. If we can put together the corre why not this? And if you need a white guy in there just so you don't have the hint of racism but someone who can be believeable as a guy who has been wronged by WWE then I have only one thing to say.....Woo Woo Woo....

Man why are you so against a NOD return, and says it's not needed. Actually it would tie right into storylines. Just because these guys are black doesn't mean they'll start running around the WWE yelling, "Black Power". There are alot of conspiracy theorist, black and white. They can get together and just say the powers that be are conspiring against certain wrestlers. They can even put Christian in the group. I think this will be a big run for Mark in the E, I hope like his run in WWECW. I would love to see Tony Atlas back as a manager type or mentor or maybe move Booker T from the announce table to fill the role. Hopefully Mark can go out like he deserves to.

This isn't crazy or silly at all, this completely makes sense..

Not only would it keep R-Truth as a legitimate heel but give Kofi Kingston a REASON in the WWE..

Kofi Kingston is the "greatest" midcard champion of this generation, point blank period, everytime you look he is United States or Intercontinental Champion and always losing in the worst way, being forgotten (Ex: the week before Wrestlemania and not getting a rematch) He could easily play the same gimmick as Henry and R-Truth being sick of being pushed around as a "conspiracy".

Now I've been most impressed with Mark Henry as of late, it reminds me of his push a long time ago when he injured Batista.

Now I for one would love to see another Nation, (My ringtone) but they don't necessarily have to be "The Nation".. just because there black doesn't mean they have to be getting screwed because there black.. Has R-truth once said anything about the color of his skin or Cena being white.. NO

It can work.. it doesn't have to be racist

THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER "NATION"!!!!! whats wrong with henry simply being pushed as a top heel, and after nexus is done we really dont need another stable for a while. And for those who keep saying this, kofi will not turn heel (not this soon) he's a natural face and one of the few younger faces thats really over with the crowd. That and the raw roster already has alot of heels

No, there won't be another Nation Of Domination, that's not what Henry was even slightly hinting towards here. He said "I'm gonna start hurting people". He's talking about himself, hurting people. People being the collective there. Not once did he mention he had "friends" he was going to bring with him to help, or he had a trick up his sleeve etc. What we're going to see is one final Mark Henry push, which could actually work pretty well in my eyes. It seems like he wants to take out all the big guys here, which could also be very interesting. I wanna see where this goes.

Mark Henry's push will be fine, but he's also attacked Big Show/Kane as of late. Here's the thing, he may be setting up to be pushed as dominant, but perhaps it's just a way to give the three big guys all something to do. I'm surprised that Big Show/Del Rio ended so quick. They seemed to invest a lot of time in it on Raw to blow it off in a one shot deal. Mark Henry/Big Show seems likely. Then Mark Henry attacked Kane. Big Show/Kane vs. Mark Henry and maybe he finds a partner?

I will say this last thing....I said watch for kofi kingston last night. Did anyone else notice how serious kingston was? Did anyone else notice how OFTEN Cole, Booker T and the king kept saying that they had never seen Kofi like this? Again to my main point, forget the name NOD but think about how it could be put together..Plus with the impending break-up of the Nexus and the already disbanded Corre, WWE needs a faction that the fans will latch on to. I just know that this would work big time right now in this era where main eventers are needed and factions are minimal. Plus this faction would serve a great need. Henry on smackdown could be one of the top heels, Kofi would be a great heel on Raw and make the same kind of turn as R truth saying that he would dance for the fans and have a good time and what did it get him but losses, R Truth is already a top heel on Raw and you put a Booker T with them, who just came back, who has been a top heel prior and could point to the moment at wrestlemania when he got stunned for no reason and the fans cheered, would just make complete sense all around. Or if by some chance you could get the Rock that would be great also. The Rock will always be over (I.E. HBK or HHH) and he and Truth have a similiar problem. They speak about Cena's gimmick and lets be honest...for the wrestlemania coming up..Cena or Rock have to be heel and Cena will still be with the company so your not turning him heel yet (they will wait til he faces Taker at Wrestlemania). Now personally I would rather see Booker T because I think the Rock would overshadow them too much and Booker T would be there every week. But either way Its believeable and would be more impactful then the Nexus because these guys are already established.

No NOD or NOD-esque stables. It isn't as memorable to me as DX or Evolution. Keep in mind Triple H pushed into mainevent, Chyna first women's Intercontinental Champion, New Age Outlaws very successful tag team and Xpac capturing Tag, European, Light Heavyweight and Cruiserweight titles. Evolution saw continued success of Triple H, emergence of Randy Orton and Batista into mainevent. NOD didn't have that type of impact - The Rock was already over when he took over NOD. We saw D'Lo Brown enjoy a mid card run and Kama aka Godfather get over well with his pimp gimmick. Mark Henry has floated around the mid card level like a modern day Bob Holly. So tell me what makes it worth bringing back NOD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back