• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mark Henry Injured by Botched Wasteland

Mark Henry was probably the worst possible guy they could've used for this match. There are plenty of smaller jobbers that Barrett could have beaten that would've been less risky. Put a guy in there that Barrett can dominate against and a guy that will make him look even better with the selling.

Neither guy is at fault here, Henry isn't used to being tossed around like a smaller guy and Barrett isn't used to having to lift, carry and throw a guy twice his weight in a live match. Thankfully this wasn't any worse and hopefully WWE learns from this mistake.

Its neither guy's fault, but its a test to Wade for being able to lift Mark, and its unfortunate that Mark got hurt, but you can also look at it as a potential injury risk to Wade because if he landed the wrong way he could have got head or neck injuries. But whoever planned the spot should have planned it differently so that something like this didn't occur.

This botch won't affect Barrett in anyway, he is very good on the mic and in the ring and draws reaction, so he'll be fine.

Wade Barrett is a pretty big and tough dude, but he's not John Cena. Love him or hate him, the guy can lift like 10 million pounds... But Barrett's attempt was impressive, and while the botch was really obvious and sorta made me cringe, I don't think it will be hurting his career. NOW, if it was Randy Orton who he dropped, he'd probably get gang-banged by Orton and Cena and fired tomorrow... And then he'd show up and not get under-rated in TNA...Oh wait, we're talking about Barrett not Mr. Anderson. My bad.

I think Barrett will probably get the talking to he deserves, a slap on the wrist, and he'll probably train a bit more obviously to get people off his back, but his push won't stop. He's a part of big train known as Nexus, and that's a big help for anybody who makes a mistake. Seriously, if you're going to drop somebody, do it when you're in a faction. If you're a singles star, they can get rid of you or demote you. But they can't do anything to Barrett. Can't touch him. Because he's the leader of the hottest thing in wrestling today. Mark Henry probably isn't too happy, but I hear he's a pretty nice go. So he probably understands that he's huge, and 400 pounds isn't exactly easy to throw... I'm sure they'll be no hard feelings between anybody at the end of the day. But like I said...he should just feel lucky that he dropped Mark Henry, not Randy Orton.

It was clearly unintentional and Henry was gripping the rope with his right arm as Barrett took him away from the corner post so he would've had that resistance against the Henry's lower half which was doing nothing what-so-ever, and the scales, so to speak, ultimatly tipped and the moved botched. He won't be punished for it in anyway.

It won't hurt Barret in any way. Barret lifted a guy that was so much bigger than him and did well to actually get him over. It's unfortunate Henry is possibly injured because of it but neither Henry or Barret is to blame.

The blame really rests with WWE themselves. Henry just wasn't the guy to put Barret over if they wanted Barret to use his finisher. Why not use a guy like Jericho or Edge, someone that's credible and doesn't mind putting someone over by losing. Obviously Henry is a big guy and was going to be difficult even getting that move completed. WWE should've known better.

Barrett fucked up, no doubt about it.

You simply cannot blame Mark Henry for that botch because none of it was his fault. People have said that he was holding onto the rope and that is why Barrett was over-extended backwards but in my opinion, Henry was just trying to distribute some of his weight to help Barrett. It really did look quite painful and Mark Henry could have suffered an injury because of it. However, I don’t think he has an injury that is too serious. Looking at it though, he could have been seriously injured and I hope that Barrett realises what he has done and makes strides to pull off the move better in the future.

As for what will happen to Barrett. I doubt anything will happen to him really. At this point, it would be a huge loss for the WWE to lose Barrett and I think this will be swept under the carpet pretty quickly. It was a mistake and Barrett should have known to not lean back when he had Henry on his shoulders but that is part of growing as a wrestler. The WWE ought to know that he is a rookie and is still pretty green. If anyone is at fault, it is the WWE for allowing that to happen and not ensuring that they could pull it off well.

Accidents happen. Technically you have to go with either everyone being at fault, or nobody at all. Either way it made Wade Barrett look like a badass. Kudos to him for managing to get Henry up, and I hope Henry isn't seriously injured.

To me, I think the move came off looking BETTER than it would have if it wasn't botched. It sold how hard the move is to do on someone like Henry and the slam looked way sicker than usual. Hope Henry heals quickly though.

I think the blame should go on whoever told them to do that spot. It was most likely rehearsed so it could be done right, but Barrett probably fell off balance when Henry grabbed the rope. So no one can really be faulted except maybe whoever told them to do the spot as moves like these usually go wrong unless you have a steady balance with equal weight distribution. This reminds me of when Sid cracked his leg when WCW told him to do an unsafe top rope move for someone his size.

Anyway, I hope Henry nor Barrett are seriously injured or effected by this accident and that Henry can get back in the ring soon.

Nobodies fault really. It's an expected risk every time that something like this is attempted. It could have happened with Cena and Show, or Cena and Khali or Cena and Godzilla. The risk of injury or worse is there permanently in every wrestling match. It's part of the profession and though unfortunate, it should never be surprising. Especially in this case where the move is supposed to be more awe inspiring than a normal move only because of the recipients size. One could chalk it up to inexperience on Barrett, but really not everyone can be Cena. Henry knew the spot was coming and performed it as was to be expected. He knew of the risk and allowed it. If anyone blames Barrett, they should take that pointed finger and aim it towards Mizark as well.

There won't be, and shouldn't be for that matter, any sort of punishment for Barrett. For all the reasons I stated above but also because it was not a necessary spot. It was pretty cool and I understand that it made Barrett look like a true force, but in the end it could have meant for under different circumstances.

Barret was the one who f/ckd up,
But i doubt it'll effect him,
They replayed it the same night like 3 times,
Barret had him on his shoulders steady,
But he took to long slamming him down,
He should of done it immediately,
But he paused to look at the camera,
Causing him to loose balance,
Simple rookie mistake,
no biggie
IMO

Nobody really messed up here. It's just that Mark weighed to much for Barret and then Wade executed the move wrong. Mark can't do anything about his weight right now. Wade couldn't handle Henry's size so the move got botched. So what? Mark's a big guy. Not many people can pick him up like that. It's really noones fault.

Will it affect Barett. Absolutely Not. He's going no where but up at this point.

It's pretty strange thinking of a botched move including Mark Henry where he was actually on the receiving end.
Fault though is the question isn't it? Well let's play the blame game then. First up is Wade Barrett, a bit of the fault is on him for not being able to do the spot properly. With that being said I think he could have pulled it off if he had waited a second and gained some balance. Mark Henry gets some blame for karma being a bitch, and for being huge, and if I remember correctly it looked like Henry was moving around a bit on Wade's shoulders throuwing him off balance.

This whole thing shouldn't affect Barrett too much, maybe a slight tounge lashing but nothing to horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back