• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marcus Cor Von?

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
I read on www.ewrestlingnews.com that Monty Brown(Marcus Cor Von) is in talks with the WWE about a possible return.

In my opinion i think if he retuned, he would be a strong contender for the ECW Championship, and might also have a IC or US Title run.

Your Thoughts?

that would be pretty cool. i liked cor von in the new breed stable back when ECW was somewhat okay. It would be better if he came back and used his real name Monty Brown though. As you said i could see him fighting for the midcard belts

I would love to see him come back. Hopefully he can get the push he never really got because of his situation. He would do very well, I really like him, I though he was going to do well. I still think he could be a main event wrestler or at least a high mid carder. If the Great Khali can hold the World Title, then anyone can!

I'd much rather see Cor Von return as part of a tag team or in the midcard somewhere. I don't think he has what it takes to be the ECW Champion. But he has potential in the ring, so I'd like to see him team up with someone who has nothing else to do.

Still...WWE will probably be actually releasing people pretty soon, rather than rehiring them. After WrestleMania AND the Draft, two in a row, c'mon, you know some people are being canned. So I wouldn't put too much hope into Cor Von being signed back for a while.

NoFate you seem to know what your talking about 99% of the time, but if Jack Swagger and Vince McMahon can be ECW champ, Then Cor Von could be with his eyes closed and his hands tied behind his back

Cor Von (and Elijah Burke) was someone that made me want to watch ECW. I hope that they bring him back soon, to add new (yet familiar) superstars that people want to see. The Pounce is one of the few finishers that I still get pumped to see, similar to most of the posters feelings about Evan Bourne's shooting star press. I don't remember his mic skills too well, but he can start just by ability as the brash newcomer/returner going for the US title. He has the physique and moveset to become popular, and I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually wins one of the big ones. He's got the big man strength like Lashley, but also has the agility moves.

I'd welcome Cor Von back, it was a shame the circumstances he had to leave and has had a while to sort it out. He's a decent worker and would be perfect for he mid card, eh also seems to be the sort of guy who will enjoy it and put a lot more effort in than certain other superstars.

I think he has the ability to chase at a high level. I don't think he can carry a show, and is a little restricted due to his age (nearly 40 I believe), but he can do the IC title justice and be a good addition to the high mid/low main area, which is suffering overall.

Always enjoyed Monty Browns work and thought he did ok as Marcus Cor Von during his very brief run with the WWE and the New Breed Angle on ECW.

Wouldnt mind him going back to ECW to add some depth to that show and try to make a name for himself. For the reason that if he came back and went straight to Raw or Smackdown then he would be simply be lost in the shuffle on those shows.

Let him solidfy himself on ECW, perhaps put him in the title race at some stage without putting the belt on him. Or put him in some decent non title fueds and then afterall a while once the crowd has got to know him again send him to Raw or Smackdown to engage in the mid card for the IC or US title.

I think he has a good look and is ok on the mic and in the ring.

Hopefully he comes back, we shall see though.

Monty Brown has an incredible amount of untapped potential, he would quickly become a dominant force in the midcard and if they stuck with him then in a few more years he would be a world title contender easily. This is someone who has every attribute goign for him, he can electrify and excite a crowd and would be a huge addition to the wwe roster if he were to coem back. Somebody mentioned Elijah Burke before and he would be a great addition as well.

Monty Brown's WWE career was over before it ever began.

They gave him a ridiculous name, which they then changed a week later, put him on a go nowhere brand, killed the one angle he was in before it was done, and did not book him in such a way that fit his style.

My one real complaint is that he needs a mouthpiece, as the guy cannot cut a promo. Granted, he never got a chance in WWE, put if his TNA promos are any indication, the dude really needs help in that regard.

I dunno why, but I have this weird idea of him leading a Nation of Domination style of stable. Toss in R-Truth, Ezekiel Jackson and maybe Shelton Benjamin, and it could be interesting. But I digress...

It's a good thing that I am not alone when I say that I am a big fan of Marus Cor Von. I saw his work on TNA and I see that he has a lot of potential. The problem is that WWE did not give Cor Von much of a chance to show off his potential. A return to WWE really does not seem like a bad idea, if WWE utilizes him well. ''The Pounce'' is one of the most amazing finishers in the WWE and an ECW fued with Evan Bourne would really work wonders... Pounce vs. Shooting Star Press. Even on SD!, I think that he could really shine as a star there. If his gimmick is one of some type of unstoppable force, then it would all work out. A fued or team with R-Truth wouldn't be a bad idea either. I would love to see Marcus Cor Von make a WWE return, as long he gets the push that he should have gotten, prior to his release.

I thought he was great in TNA- not so good in ECW (mostly due to that awful name that they gave him)

i would absolutly love to see cor von back in the squared circle. i believe he still has the it factor to be a huge star in the business. when he was in tna he seemed to have a lot of charisma and the crown seemed to like him alot when he face and boo'd pretty loudly during his heel run. too bad tna was too stupid to realize he could have carried the company for years. with a little time i could see him rivaling cena for a title. i know some people will laugh at that, but imo he could be a star.

He would be nice to see again, and especially on ECW. His character may it just right if done properly. ECW needs a bone crunching monster like Marcus. His Pounce move was classic, and he would be what Rhyno was to the company years ago.

Cor Von would be a welcome edition to what i belive is going to be an even weaker ECW folowing the draft. He could carry the brand for quite a time, like rhyno used to carry the original ECW.

I agree that he was pretty good, and definately has lots of potential due to his physical power and decent agility. He has a unique kind of style, but they would have to let him really show that off. I think that he could do well with some sort of gimmick (nothing too crazy, obviously), but maybe a little bit more than "guy on a comeback who wants to kick your ass". I could see him fitting with MVP in the "sport" gimmick, perhaps becoming his #1 prospect or something like that (this would also give him a good mouthpiece in MVP). He definately doesn't have to come in as a monster heel IMO, maybe this could help set him apart.

As i remember marcus cor von is actully decent on the mic, very solid in the ring, and has a mad finisher, but yeh him being 39 in like a week or 2 really doesent help

As i remember marcus cor von is actully decent on the mic, very solid in the ring, and has a mad finisher, but yeh him being 39 in like a week or 2 really doesent help

Monty was the most charismatic wrestler I have ever seen. I would kill to see a promo by Monty - finishing it off with the POOOOOOOUNCE! People dissed him all along for his promos being "too much", and I always thought that it was what we needed in wrestling.

At 39 though, you have to look at the health he is in - tremendous health. He has the looks of someone who 28 - 30, and he is probably as healthy as someone in their mid 20s. I could see Monty going big for 5 years or more.

I'd welcome Monty Brown into WWE, not Marcus Cor Von tho... bring him in on the ex-NFL player gimmick, really play up the dual sport superstar... hasn't been used since LT or Mongo and makes WWE look more like a legit sport...

As for age, I don't see that being an issue, his look is much younger and if anything the time away will have prolonged his career rather than damaged it.

Someone mentioned about releases... sure, there will be releases, of people who have run their course in WWE or not performed... Brown never really got off the ground but was doing well when he was there, so he would have pretty much a clean slate...

I enjoyed him in TNA, and didnt really watch ECW when he was on it. My only thing is, do not bring him if youre not going to use him properly. They went through all the trouble of getting D-Lo, R-Truth, and several other stars and look at how D-Lo was used, and how R-Truth is being used.

Its the same problem every time, very simular to what were seeing post draft on Raw, Smackdown, and ECW. They have the talent, but dont have a clue what to do with them. Unless its the main event title picture, its a shuffle of crap and miss management all the way down to the bottem of the card. The main event picture on Raw and ECW is flooded with talented people, but both are very stale. Luckily for Smackdown they finally have some fresh faces and a fresh feud.

If Monty Brown is brought back, dont put him on ECW again, let him go by his real name, and utilize him for his talents. I do remember him cutting some great promos in TNA. Hes also a fairly big guy, he could be put on Smackdown, and brough in as a great heel, but dont book him like Kolozov because that got boring quick.

Does anyone know why he got fired in the first place? but i think this would be a plus to bring him back on ECW to start with and maybe get him a title match a little bit later once he proves that he is the top wrestler on ECW.... would he be a heel or face?

Does anyone know why he got fired in the first place? but i think this would be a plus to bring him back on ECW to start with and maybe get him a title match a little bit later once he proves that he is the top wrestler on ECW.... would he be a heel or face?

he didnt get fired, he left on good terms due to family related issues. From what I remember his sister past away, and he had to take over caring for her children.

he didnt get fired, he left on good terms due to family related issues. From what I remember his sister past away, and he had to take over caring for her children.

thanks for the info.. i wasn't sure why he had left in the first place... but i'd love to see him come back. he's got the talent to be a top star in ECW

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back