• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mania Fantasy Booking: Rusev and Lana vs Rock and Trish?

OYDK

King Of The Ring
Like I said in the thread title, fantasy booking.

Now assuming The Rock doesn't end up facing HHH or Brock Lesnar at Mania 31, I think it would make complete sense for The Rock to be involved in some sort of angle with Rusev and Lana. However, for some reason, I don't see WWE putting Rusev and The Rock in a singles match at Mania, this honor seems to be reserved for nobody but the best and I don't think WWE are nearly this high on Rusev at this time. However, I think having a tag team match between Rusev/Lana and Rock/Trish would be great and would do wonders for getting both Rusev AND Lana away from the receding lifespan of their current gimmick.

The stage has been set with both Lana and Rusev calling the Rock out and threatening that there will be "consequences" for his actions. I can see Rusev getting into a short feud with Cena and beating him in their first match by some sort of cheap tactic from Lana. In the second match at the RR (or wherever), we can see Lana try and pull the same stunt as last match except this time The Rock's music hits. The Rock can come down to the ring, get in Lana's face, distract Rusev, and than Cena can hit the AA out of nowhere and get the win (if WWE had the balls to give Cena a cheap win over Rusev). Rock can do something to embarrass Lana after the match and give Rusev a Rock Bottom for good measure. This ends the undefeated Russian crap and adds multiple layers to Rusev's character. Of course, the next night Rusev and Lana are pissed and want to crush shit and out comes The Rock. Rusev can challenge Rock to a match at Mania and Rock would accept under one condition. Lana gets in the ring too. Both Rusev and Lana reluctantly agree as they believe this will be a handicap match, but The Rock says the match needs another element. The Rock needs somebody in his corner as smokin as Lana. Out comes Trish.

Now it may not be perfect and I haven't put TOO much thought into this but I think it could work. We'd get to see Rusev and Rock for the majority of the match, Lana could have some crowd-popping spots, Trish would be great nostalgia, and their are multiple ways to book the finish of this match.

So, can you possibly see a Rusev/Lana, Rock/Trish match at Wrestlemania and would you be invested?

However, for some reason, I don't see WWE putting Rusev and The Rock in a singles match at Mania, this honor seems to be reserved for nobody but the best and I don't think WWE are nearly this high on Rusev at this time.
You say that, then you say this...
However, I think having a tag team match between Rusev/Lana and Rock/Trish would be great and would do wonders for getting both Rusev AND Lana away from the receding lifespan of their current gimmick.
I don't quite understand this thought process. The WWE doesn't want to put Rusev against The Rock because that option is only available for the best but then they'll put him in a tag match with three other stars instead? I don't see it happening like that. If anything, an intergender match just screams midcard. Not to mention Lana has zero wrestling experience and adding Trish into the mix doesn't serve a real purpose. The Rock should be reserved for a main spot on the card. A tag team intergender match won't draw as well as a singles match and given that The Rock is one of the top draws of all time, he should be a main focal point of the card.

You say that, then you say this...

I don't quite understand this thought process. The WWE doesn't want to put Rusev against The Rock because that option is only available for the best but then they'll put him in a tag match with three other stars instead? I don't see it happening like that. If anything, an intergender match just screams midcard. Not to mention Lana has zero wrestling experience and adding Trish into the mix doesn't serve a real purpose. The Rock should be reserved for a main spot on the card. A tag team intergender match won't draw as well as a singles match and given that The Rock is one of the top draws of all time, he should be a main focal point of the card.

I don't think WWE sees Rusev as enough of a draw to feature him in a main event angle with The Rock leading into Wrestlemania. An intergender tag team match is more of a Wrestlemania spectacle and feel-good moment than a "passing of the torch" so to say. Also, this would be mid-card, I never insinuated that it would be a top 3 match and quite frankly I don't think Rusev deserves a Main Event match at Mania right now. What I'm getting at is this would protect The Rock more than a singles match would, the crowd would LOVE to see Lana get in the ring even if its only to take a bump or hit a body slam, and it would add legitimacy to Rusev because even though he wasn't in a singles match with one of the greatest, he was still involved in an angle and program with him at Wrestlemania.

Also, I get what you're saying with your last point, but at this point Rock doesn't need to be featured in the main event of Mania every single year even if he is WWE's biggest draw. People will buy Mania just to see The Rock compete.

Oh Jesus Christ what a horrible idea for a match. First off if the Rock was to wrestle in a match at Mania I hope he would be putting his cousin Roman Reigns over, before he'd have a go at Rusev.

Secondly Lana isn't a wrestler, and we don't even know if she's ever had even one hour of training. To men she might look good in a skirt and heels, but can she go in the ring is another thing completely. Trish who is one of my favourite's ever, had a baby about a year ago, and as far as anyone knows hasn't been in the ring for about 4 years now. While she's still in good shape, the lack of training on Lana's part would make it a slapfest and that would be a huge waste of Stratus.

Now if Reigns can't compete in the main event, I wouldn't mind a tag match with Reigns, Rock vs Rusev and whomever else they could team him up with. But Lana against Trish, no way. Even although Status has been out for awhile, she would definitely be the better in the ring.

Sure, I'd like to see this match. Rusev sucks.... but I've been wanting to see what Lana can do in a match and then there's the thought of Trish teaming up with The Rock. Those two on a team alone are enough to get me interested in this match. The match probably won't happen, however if it did it could be good for Rusev to work with a legend among legends like The Rock. I was strugged to find ANY interest in his matches with Big E or Mark Henry, but if he's facing The Rock? Ok, you have my attention now. It would be a fantastic opportunity for Lana to learn a lot too if she got to work with the best diva of all time in Trish. Highly doubt it could happen. If it does? I'd look forward to it.

If Mania will have Brock, Sting, Taker & Hogan on the card, other Legends are not needed.
Guys like Rock & HHH can help sell other PPVs - RR, Survivor Series, MitB.

Sure, it's fun to watch all these big names on the same card in big matches, but imagine how watered down other PPVs would feel, it's almost like comparing RAW to Main Event - 2 different levels. You will have much less interest in watching them.

I prefer to have something to looking forward to on each show, than make it 1 huge shot deal.

However, for some reason, I don't see WWE putting Rusev and The Rock in a singles match at Mania, this honor seems to be reserved for nobody but the best and I don't think WWE are nearly this high on Rusev at this time.

I can see the point.....and the contradiction within rings out. On one hand, Rusev's stock is seemingly scheduled to rise in the coming months. He might even get as high as a main event match with John Cena, which would mean the company is thinking very highly of his future prospects. On the other hand, it's still a long way from a date at WM31 with the Rock, as far as fan appeal goes. Can they keep up the momentum?

The Rock is a different breed than any wrestler or ex-wrestler due to his status as a former WWE champion and current movie star; he's not going to face anyone in a wrestling ring except the best of the best of the best. In WWE, only John Cena and (arguably) CM Punk could be equated to be at that level during the two year period Rock was involved.

I like Rusev far more than many of the folks weighing in on this forum, but do I like him enough to get excited about a match with Rock at a Wrestlemania? It's a good question; at this point, it's too early to tell. I would think a lot has to happen for Rusev in the coming months as far as career development ....and a lot of it would revolve around Lana, who is the key to what's going to happen for him.

One warning sign that pops up is that they might have started the Rusev push too early for it to carry all the way to WM31. Do they really expect the Rusev-Rock feud to carry for 6 months.....especially given the very limited amount of time Rock has to be involved in it?

Well, if we have a program here, it's gonna be a long-term one.....and presuming that any plan involving the Rock will be well thought out and carefully planned, it will be interesting to see what the Winter brings us.

Rock vs Rusev would be a bad idea, and a tag match with divas that more than likely couldn't carry their own would be an extremely bad idea. I would consider such a match to be a piss break. NO way is this a dream match. smh

If Mania will have Brock, Sting, Taker & Hogan on the card, other Legends are not needed.
Guys like Rock & HHH can help sell other PPVs - RR, Survivor Series, MitB.

Sure, it's fun to watch all these big names on the same card in big matches, but imagine how watered down other PPVs would feel, it's almost like comparing RAW to Main Event - 2 different levels. You will have much less interest in watching them.

I prefer to have something to looking forward to on each show, than make it 1 huge shot deal.

Who says Sting, Taker, and Hogan are on the card? The streak is over, Hogan is not physically capable, and Sting has been rumored for like 5 years now.

I can see the point.....and the contradiction within rings out. On one hand, Rusev's stock is seemingly scheduled to rise in the coming months. He might even get as high as a main event match with John Cena, which would mean the company is thinking very highly of his future prospects. On the other hand, it's still a long way from a date at WM31 with the Rock, as far as fan appeal goes. Can they keep up the momentum?

The Rock is a different breed than any wrestler or ex-wrestler due to his status as a former WWE champion and current movie star; he's not going to face anyone in a wrestling ring except the best of the best of the best. In WWE, only John Cena and (arguably) CM Punk could be equated to be at that level during the two year period Rock was involved.

I like Rusev far more than many of the folks weighing in on this forum, but do I like him enough to get excited about a match with Rock at a Wrestlemania? It's a good question; at this point, it's too early to tell. I would think a lot has to happen for Rusev in the coming months as far as career development ....and a lot of it would revolve around Lana, who is the key to what's going to happen for him.

One warning sign that pops up is that they might have started the Rusev push too early for it to carry all the way to WM31. Do they really expect the Rusev-Rock feud to carry for 6 months.....especially given the very limited amount of time Rock has to be involved in it?

Well, if we have a program here, it's gonna be a long-term one.....and presuming that any plan involving the Rock will be well thought out and carefully planned, it will be interesting to see what the Winter brings us.

Rock wrestled The Miz and R Truth at Survivor Series. A match with Rusev is less of a stretch than that.

I could see Rusev vs Hogan at Wrestlemania if Rusev continues to build momentum and Hogan could pass a physical. The feud writes itself obviously. After tonight, I half expect Hogan to come out next week and scold Show and Henry for acting un-American on RAW by resorting to double-team tactics to get the upper hand. Rusev attacking Hogan would be great, he'd get a ton of heat for that and it could also lead to a Rock vs Rusev match if Hogan weren't capable of competing.

Rusev's next feud after Big Show should be a returning Ryback.

Ryback has fan support behind him and if he returns to interrupt a gloating Rusev, this could get him over big time with the fans and I could see this feud lasting several months with several PPV matches, including a gimmick match at Survivor series.

Rybaxel has no business returning as a tag team and Ryback if given the right push could be a mid to top tier face at a time when Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns are sidelined.

Why Trish? If this is a US/Russia thing, why involve the proud Canadian? And why someone not on tv anymore? Simple choice is AJ. She is American, on tv already and her and Rock could be funny. Rumor is Charlotte is going to be coming up sooner than later. Who better to represent the USA than Nature Boy's daughter? Or how about Rock calls on his cousin Tamina? Having Trish adds nothing to this angle especially when there are other divas there who could be used and this will help get them over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back