Lana Back with Rusev on WWE TV?

OYDK

King Of The Ring
From WWE.com:

"As first reported by TMZ, former U.S. Champion Rusev and Lana are reportedly engaged. The Ravishing Russian had been romantically linked to Dolph Ziggler in recent months and Rusev fielded a proposal from Summer Rae just last week, but it would appear that any lingering problems between the power couple have been resolved. Why did Lana have a change of heart? Tune in to Raw live at 8/7 C on USA Network for more, and stay with WWE.com as this story develops."

So is this thing with Summer and Rusev over or? I find it odd that Summer literally JUST proposed to Rusev and now WWE's saying that the problems between he and Lana have been solved. Quite ridiculous actually. So Rusev says yes to Summer and proposes to Lana the next week? Makes no sense man...

Thoughts?

EDIT: I get that Rusev and Lana are actually engaged by the way. Just don't think this should have been used as a storyline at this point.

From WWE.com:

"As first reported by TMZ, former U.S. Champion Rusev and Lana are reportedly engaged. The Ravishing Russian had been romantically linked to Dolph Ziggler in recent months and Rusev fielded a proposal from Summer Rae just last week, but it would appear that any lingering problems between the power couple have been resolved. Why did Lana have a change of heart? Tune in to Raw live at 8/7 C on USA Network for more, and stay with WWE.com as this story develops."

So is this thing with Summer and Rusev over or? I find it odd that Summer literally JUST proposed to Rusev and now WWE's saying that the problems between he and Lana have been solved. Quite ridiculous actually. So Rusev says yes to Summer and proposes to Lana the next week? Makes no sense man...

Thoughts?

EDIT: I get that Rusev and Lana are actually engaged by the way. Just don't think this should have been used as a storyline at this point.

Why not? Its trending worldwide, everyone old enough to have a social media account knows now. If they don't it will kill Kayfabe even worse and even more fans would know it's staged.

This feels a little awkward and this had made the creative to scratch their heads on what or how to deal with this. On the contrary part, Congratulations for Lana and Rusev and their future.

Anyhow coming to the point, no one was ever interested in the feud between Rusev, Lana, Summer and Dolph and things got worse when Lana injured herself while training and the creative had lost the plot completely. It's further more worse that Summer Rae had proposed to Rusev in the middle on the ring amongst the view of Millions of WWE universe which wasn't apparently turned down by Rusev.

I don't see where this is going further.

Mr. Barnyashev became very uncomfortable with the angle Rusev was in. I think he felt like he HAD to propose to CJ (Lana) to help his own sense of reality, and shown CJ where he stood IRL. Too many marriages have been destroyed in this industry because of angles such as this one. Mr. Barnyashev understood that part of wrestling history and acted accordingly.

So, Mazel Tov! and Chestito! to the future Mr. and Mrs. Miroslav Barnyashev aka Mr. and Mrs Alexander Rusev! (raises glass) Pozdravete! (drinks from glass)

Mr. Barnyashev became very uncomfortable with the angle Rusev was in. I think he felt like he HAD to propose to CJ (Lana) to help his own sense of reality, and shown CJ where he stood IRL. Too many marriages have been destroyed in this industry because of angles such as this one. Mr. Barnyashev understood that part of wrestling history and acted accordingly.

So, Mazel Tov! and Chestito! to the future Mr. and Mrs. Miroslav Barnyashev aka Mr. and Mrs Alexander Rusev! (raises glass) Pozdravete! (drinks from glass)

Are you seriously saying that Rusev proposed because he wanted to know where he stood, or he didn't want her to be upset with this story line? It's not like she doesn't know what's been going on, she's part of it. Partnered with another man no less. She is a WWE Diva and is fully aware was what happens in this business.

Maybe he proposed to her because of one very simple fact, he's in love with her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her. They've been together for awhile now, and just bought a house together. I don't think this story line had anything to do with it, if it did then I find that sad.

I just wish they had ended the story line without even mentioning the fact that Lana and Rusev were engaged. They don't mention Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan's marriage, or Cody Rhodes and Eden. Very lazy writing on their behalf.

And why are you using their real names? Do you know them personally? I always think fans that do that are douche's. Sorry just a personal peeve of mine.

So Lana will come back as a heel? What a let down, she is a face type character.

WWE seems to be just going to forget the last month or so ever happened. haha

Are you seriously saying that Rusev proposed because he wanted to know where he stood, or he didn't want her to be upset with this story line? It's not like she doesn't know what's been going on, she's part of it. Partnered with another man no less. She is a WWE Diva and is fully aware was what happens in this business.

Maybe he proposed to her because of one very simple fact, he's in love with her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her. They've been together for awhile now, and just bought a house together. I don't think this story line had anything to do with it, if it did then I find that sad.

I just wish they had ended the story line without even mentioning the fact that Lana and Rusev were engaged. They don't mention Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan's marriage, or Cody Rhodes and Eden. Very lazy writing on their behalf.

And why are you using their real names? Do you know them personally? I always think fans that do that are douche's. Sorry just a personal peeve of mine.
No, I don't know them personally. But, I do know this: Many relationships were destroyed in pro wrestling because of relationships angles. Perfect example is Kevin Sullivan's RL marriage to Nancy Sullivan (Woman). He encouraged Woman to travel with a wrestler who was not her husband to help mitigate a relationship angle. Guess what? Nancy Sullivan (Woman) left her husband for the wrestler she was traveling with: A guy by the name of Christopher Benoit. We all know how that ended up.

Anyways, go watch last week's RAW, and take a good look at Rusev's body language when Summer Rae did the ridiculous. It might have been funny from "Rusev's" perspective. IRL, that man was embarrassed that something like this when his heart IRL was clearly elsewhere. Yes, I know it goes to professionalism. But, when you do relationship angles involving someone you are with IRL, you can get burned by it, professionally or not. Just ask Kevin Sullivan.

And, he could also have accelerated the inevitable to end an idiotic storyline. Look, we all knew that they bought a palatial spread in Nashville. WZ trumpeted it on the front page. Would you do something like that if you are "just friends"? We all know who they are IRL. If this engagement was a storyline, it would have been done on RAW, not in the family pool with a cell phone camera taking the shots. They became engaged IRL. So, using their real names and not those in character is not a faux pas UNLESS you completely accept it only as kayfabe, That is clearly not the case.

I'll say it again: Mazel Tov to the lucky couple!

EDIT: I understand and respect your pet peeve. If this was done in KAYFABE and part of a storyline, you would 100% correct that I would be out of line. Since the engagement was done IN REAL LIFE, there should be zero problems breaking the "Fourth wall".

Whether people know of it's kayfabe or not (spoiler; they do), that has nothing to do with the fact that the Ziggler/Rusev/Lana/Rae nonsense was a poor storyline, which we should be glad was abandoned. I think that WWE knew it wasn't working and gladly accepted this as an out.

I think they will try to recapture the magic of Rusev's dominance under Lana's guidance (and hopefully succeed to some degree) while this love triangle (square?) storyline drifts down the annals of abandoned angles, along with the purpose of the Nexus and the long awaited debut of Hade Vansen

No, I don't know them personally. But, I do know this: Many relationships were destroyed in pro wrestling because of relationships angles. Perfect example is Kevin Sullivan's RL marriage to Nancy Sullivan (Woman). He encouraged Woman to travel with a wrestler who was not her husband to help mitigate a relationship angle. Guess what? Nancy Sullivan (Woman) left her husband for the wrestler she was traveling with: A guy by the name of Christopher Benoit. We all know how that ended up.

It's fair to acknowledge this. However, to some optimism and perhaps a degree of naivitee on my part, I like to think that WWE is working with a new breed of professionals in a post kayfabe environment. I don't think any of us would lose our shit to public degrees if we saw Lana and Rusev in the real world, knowing full well they're 'broken up' on TV. Even if we did, who would report it? We just don't protect kayfabe offscreen anymore, and frankly, I think that's the healthiest thing the business has ever done.

Erm, congratulations to the happy couple? But that's real life stuff- aka, None of my business.

But in terms of how this effects the storyline...wow...I'm torn between my hatred for the whole love rectangle plot and this lazy, abrupt ending to it. Now I feel like our time has been wasted. Personally, I would've had Ziggler get some sort of decent push thanks to the guidance of Lana. Have it go on for awhile, while Rusev becomes talent enhancement. He puts over the relevant people, while defeating everyone else- which seems to be what they're doing now anyway.

Then maybe after 6 months or so, have Lana and Rusev reunite and begin a new Rusev push. It would make Lana stand out as a manager, showing that she is a great tactician and under her guidance, good wrestlers become great. Because Rusev has lost a lot of momentum since losing to Ziggler, who is still floundering in midcard hell. So no one gained anything by that storyline except Summer- who actually got screen-time.

And we suffered through it for months, so we didn't get anything from it either.

Keyfabe wise it doesnt have any sense. Last monday we were treated with Raes "Ru- Ru" and proposal and Rusev aiming at gold and just now with "Hey, he has engaged with Lana" and Rusev losing clean to Ryback. Makes no sense in storyline. Although that storyline is clusterfuck anyway so maybe better that its possibly over...

But in terms of how this effects the storyline...wow...I'm torn between my hatred for the whole love rectangle plot and this lazy, abrupt ending to it. Now I feel like our time has been wasted. Personally, I would've had Ziggler get some sort of decent push thanks to the guidance of Lana. Have it go on for awhile, while Rusev becomes talent enhancement. He puts over the relevant people, while defeating everyone else- which seems to be what they're doing now anyway.

Then maybe after 6 months or so, have Lana and Rusev reunite and begin a new Rusev push. It would make Lana stand out as a manager, showing that she is a great tactician and under her guidance, good wrestlers become great. Because Rusev has lost a lot of momentum since losing to Ziggler, who is still floundering in midcard hell. So no one gained anything by that storyline except Summer- who actually got screen-time.

And we suffered through it for months, so we didn't get anything from it either.

I have to agree with this. It started out of nowhere really, and went nowhere except down the toilet. Rusev lost a lot of credibility, and once thought of unbeatable, well not so much anymore. Plus he was made to look like an idiot last night on RAW, you know the cheating boyfriend and all.

Right from the beginning it was a terrible story line and the ending, thank God it's over with, was even worse. Extremely lazy booking on the WWE's part and a huge screw them for taking the easy way out. No one except Summer Rae seemed to enjoy being part of this.

Now the uphill battle begins to make Rusev look dominant again. Not to mention Lana, who was booked perfectly as the cold Russian bitch and lost it all for no reason.

So, when we last left Rusev and Lana, the whole premise is that Rusev was very abusive (not physically, though I guess you could say that doesn't matter), and imposing his will on Lana, the women that fans liked because she was strong and didn't need Rusev.

So, how do we get these two characters back together? Well, they're just back together.

No remorse for Rusev's actions. No apologies. No even real explanation; they're just back together.

Fuck. Right. Off.

Like, seriously, let's just forget the continuity issues here. We don't have time for that right now. What fucking message are you sending, when you have the abused domestic partner get back with her partner, (who's the exact same, by the way. He hasn't changed at all.) and just expect everyone to take this as real.

I get that WWE had its hand forced by reality. Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked if Rusev and Lana got engaged, so that this angle would stop. But man, are you really sending the wrong message, in this fucking time where people are super sensitive about domestic violence.

For me personally, I hope this does get Lana and Rusev back together on TV. I'm not sure if they'll use the "Vladamir Pootin" and "Motha Rusiah" schtick again. But Lana and Rusev need to be together. Maybe throughout the rest of their WWE careers. Rusev is talented enough in the ring to be a main event player. His mic skills aren't the best in the world, but they work. I wouldn't want to see him in the Pit of Obscurity.

It's better they use it as a storyline. Now people actually have a reason to talk about it.. People were talking about it before like 2 random people getting married is some big news story.

The problem with the angle was it was clear that Rusev and Lana were not overly comfortable not being together onscreen. It seemed awkward at times and they may have "forced WWE's hand" slightly, but the reality is this was no Lita/Matt Hardy angle... in today's world TMZ and the like know the reality, that Rusev & Lana have been in a comitted, long term relationship for a long time.

WWE tried it, it didn't work - where the couple may have forced it could be due to them feeling undue pressure on their relationship by working and travelling apart to "keep kayfabe".

At the end of the day, it's no loss and both get their "missing ingredient" back onscreen. Lana is back to being a heel? not necesarrily - their wedding if WWE is involved in anyway is guaranteed to make them faces - especially if Ziggler or someone else gets in the way.

I think they're handling it pretty well. I mean honestly at this point, Rusev was getting more over as a face because of the stupid storyline. Ziggler looked like a heel and Rusev looked like he was just smitten for Lana. Now we have legitimate reason to boo Rusev! I definitely think this is the best way to handle it. If they want to continue this awful feud they can have Ziggler earn Summer's love back and we can have one more match where Ziggler goes over. If they want it over they can have her vanish and we can have Cole remind us every week about Rusev's affair.

I think they're handling it pretty well. I mean honestly at this point, Rusev was getting more over as a face because of the stupid storyline. Ziggler looked like a heel and Rusev looked like he was just smitten for Lana. Now we have legitimate reason to boo Rusev! I definitely think this is the best way to handle it. If they want to continue this awful feud they can have Ziggler earn Summer's love back and we can have one more match where Ziggler goes over. If they want it over they can have her vanish and we can have Cole remind us every week about Rusev's affair.

This isn't really true though, as Rusev has always gotten booed. Bad writing might've accidentally portrayed him as sympathetic, but the same thing happened to Fandango and all it did was deflate heel momentum. He's not over as a face as much as he's just...not as over as a heel anymore.

The only time I've ever seen Rusev cheered was during the Royal Rumble and that was more to spite Reigns.

I'm pretty sure they do mention this, as Brie and Daniel's relationship was a big part of the storyline going into wrestlemania against Triple H. It's not mentioned so much now with DB being off TV but it was public knowledge in WWE storylines, and even sure they mentioned it once he went on his honeymoon as did he not get married right after WM?

So, how do we get these two characters back together? Well, they're just back together.

No remorse for Rusev's actions. No apologies. Not even a real explanation; they're just back together.

The entire Rusev-Lana-Summer triangle is essentially comedy, so I'll treat the subject in that manner.

I'd love to be the friend of Summer Rae who says to her: "What do you mean you didn't know Rusev would cheat on you? He's already proven he's a cheater. He cheated on Lana.....with you, moron!"

Presuming Rusev & Lana are together in real life....and have been all along....we wrestling fans continually make the mistake of mixing what's going on in real life with company storylines. This entire thread is doing that, in one form or another. I'm enjoying the irony.

If we're going to wonder how Rusev & Lana 'got back together' we might as well wonder how Dolph Ziggler & Lana got together in the first place. Remember? He was just there. One night, he came down the aisle with Lana.....and that was it; they were a couple.

There was more sense (a little more, anyway) in Rusev meeting Summer Rae. She was coming down to ringside and getting in everyone's way. Rusev, undoubtedly smitten with her sultry ways and Lingerie Bowl experience, had reason to take up with her.

But Dolph & Lana? Gimme a break! This is a guy who found Vickie Guerrero attractive. :disappointed:

This whole Lana-Rusev angle is as dumb as the WWE's lame ass booking lately. I literally stopped watching after seeing 50 year old Kane making faces and jumping around looking stupid. That tool is about as scary as my 4 year old child. WWE has the worse bookers in the business. Their product is painful to watch.

Major positive to the breaking news of the Rusev/Lana engagement; the WWE is putting the hard abort on that god awful Ziggler/Rusev feud. Summer Rae may have gotten some benefit from not being background scenery for a change, but Rusev turned into a joke (six months ago he was in a feature match at Wrestlemania with John Cena!), and Dolph continues his existence doing not much.

I get the feud was supposed to be filler, but man, awful filler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back