Managers could change the GAME

pbancroft32

Dark Match Winner
So this is my first thread so dont bash me to hard lol

I have read many threads over the years about how to fix the product make shows better improve talent etc but i truely belive one of the biggest things that would make a difference is bringing back proper managers.

1. look through the 80's and 90's and the 00's and there was top grade managers everywhere some manageing multple different people who where never linked together.
2. how good would roman have been if he had a mouth piece when he went solo his biggest flaw was on the mic give him someone to do that for him he looks a million dollars and can learn at the same time.
3. brock, undertaker, hogan, bret hart, shawn michaels, andre, LOD, and ric flair to name a few all had managers at some point these are all mega stars and most hall of famers did the managers make them that good no but they certainly helped.
4. im not saying everyone who cant talk need heyman but i am saying managers use to play a massive part yes they helped hide some weakness in talking for some stars and for some of them the managers played a key role in extending or making storylines better .

WWE would be better if they brought back managers but it would have to be done under the old model not a these are my top stars that cant talk like BROCK, back in the day you could be the champ or feeder talent there was managers all the way up and down the card

It's not gonna happen because Vince has long since soured on the notion of managers. He doesn't even like for the word "manager" to be used for guys like Paul Heyman or Lio Rush as he prefers that they be called "advocates" or "hype men" or "business advisers." The only reason Heyman does what he does is because he's so good at it and the reason Lio Rush is "managing" Lashley is because Rush wears an ear piece with Vince telling him everything to say and do. Zelina Vega is Andrade "Cien" Almas' business partner not because she's good in the role, which she is, but because she's a woman and she's hot. Same thing with Lana & Rusev and Mike & Maria Kanellis in that both women are hot and they're also married to the men they accompany to the ring.

Vince feverishly wants to avoid anything that he thinks will make WWE look like it's "rasslin" and he feels that's something that managers bring. If that sounds like it makes no sense to you at all, it's probably because it's one of those things that only seems to make sense to Vince McMahon; there are a lot of things that fall under that category and Vince won't tolerate anything he feels disrupts the hollow, corporate image he's worked so hard to create for WWE. After all, to help create that image, he's sacrificed things like creative freedom among the writers and 95% of the wrestlers, individuality, historical continuity, and goes so far as to try to manipulate the fans themselves in order to facilitate reality as he feels it should be within his own little universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back