Major news for Brock Lesnar

Pepe Silvia

Occasional Pre-Show
http://pwinsider.com/article/64567/brock-lesnar-makes-major-announcement.html?p=1

Former WWE and UFC champion Brock Lesnar announced he was retiring from MMA after losing via TKO to Alistair Overeem in the main event of UFC 141 just minutes into the first round.

Lesnar noted that he promised his wife, former WWE star Sable, that if he lost the fight, he would retire from MMA and was keeping his word. He noted that had he won, he would have retired after fighting for the UFC title one last time.

Lesnar looked as if he was there in name only during the fight and never showed any serious sign of offense.

Kick off the Wrestlemania rumors, folks.

I heard about this while I was in the car and my first thought was that he's the guy coming back Monday. But idk, if anything, it definitely makes me wanna see Raw haha

Eh, his days were numbered after his first bout of diverticulitis. The second just sped up the inevitable. He may go back to WWE, but I doubt it will be any time soon. The bumps are easier, but I doubt he'd enjoy the traveling he'd have to do.

To be honest Brock never looked liked a serious contender in MMA. Fine he beat Frank Mir, but we all know Mir is only a mid to upper card fighter, he beat Couture but that was when he should have already been retired.

As soon as Brock fought any decent contender we found that despite his size and look he simply could not take a punch. Last night Brock looked in good condition but as soon as he decided to make it a stand up fight you knew it would be over fast. Two knees to the gut and a body kick and brock went down, a short flurry of punches by Overeem which only hit gloves and the fight was stopped. I think the fight was stopped very fast as the ref knew of Brocks condition and saw that he was not interested.

Fair play to Brock for trying but I think it was more a case of good marketing/promotion that created a star that never was. Brock has made millions so will be happy as will UFC as I am sure the buy rates were high.

I do think Brock will eventually return to WWE but he will take some time off to rebuild his reputation, you cannot bring him in as a legit super fighter or the next big thing as in reality he is just a big guy with limited in ring ability. Also Brock has lost around 50 lbs since he was in WWE so will not look so imposing. I am sure he will return but only for the money, not for the love of wrestling.

Saying Lesnar can't take a punch is ludicrous for starters. Go watch his fight against Shane Carwin and think about what you want to say. He took a beating for most of the fight and still went on to win.

Saying Lesnar doesn't have a chin is ludicrous, but saying he can't take a punch is definitely not. The guy simply does not like to get hit, and quite frankly... you can't blame him. Most fighters have trained fighting most of their lives; they're used to getting constantly hit in training against people better than them. Lesnar, unfortunately, didn't have that experience, which is why he always crumbled whenever he got hit hard. And him being a Heavyweight just made it that much worse since every shot those big fuckers throw could knock out anyone walking this planet Earth.

Jericho is now Tweeting saying that Lesnar is behind the 2/1/12 Videos & UFC is fixed.

Taking a kick (and a bunch of knees beforehand) where 12 inches of your colon used to be by the best kickboxer in the world is totally nothing more than Brock throwing a fight.

I wish Overeem would kick Jericho. We'll see how "fixed" he claims it is after that.

screenshot-1325358940753.png

screenshot-1325358955910.png

Lesnar has done great for someone who came to MMA with no prior training. He can take a hit (see the Carwin fight) but isnt great at stand up. His disease seriously hurt his MMA chances and thats a shame. It is apparent the illness has taken its toll on him. The man realized this and retired because it was the right choice. Highly doubt this loss was pre-planned because Dana White isnt in the 'sports entertainment' business. No kayfabe in the UFC folks.

Lesnar will be back but, it wont be monday. Vince would love the chance to 'steal' Lesnar away from UFC but it will take $ to get out of his contract. Regardless if he isnt fighting anymore, Dana White can still make money off him and they know it. So getting out of the contract wont be an easy road. Vince will have to throw some cash around and lighten the road schedule for Brock to consider the offer.

Question is, does Vince really want to invest time and money into Lesnar on the chance he has to bow out eventually due to illness? If WWE puts him in a storyline and promotes the hell out of a ppv but loses Lesnar to diverticulitis complications, Vince loses money. Vince hates losing money.

I am a Lesnar fan but I dont have alot of faith in creative to put him in a good storyline. Would be a little difficult to promote a guy as a monster when he has trouble lasting past 5 minutes in a real fight regardless of WWE kayfabe. He would have to have a tv\ppv only deal in order to keep his health up and stress level down. Not sure if Vince would be willing to take the risk of him having to no-show an event after all the time\money spent. Yes he is still a huge draw, but for how long could they keep the momentum going?

As far as the WM\Undertaker rumors.... quit. Taker will go out 20-0. Lesnar took the majority of the bouts, but he (of all people) wont beat the streak. Taker has been one of, if not the, most loyal of all the subjects in the kingdom and I doubt Vince will cross that line.

There is no possible way Brock shows up for a WM match. They're (THEORETICALLY) going to have a lot of buys in the first place with The Rock wrestling Cena. If anything, next year might be more likely.

There is no possible way Brock shows up for a WM match. They're (THEORETICALLY) going to have a lot of buys in the first place with The Rock wrestling Cena. If anything, next year might be more likely.

Then Austin vs. Punk at WM 30? There. We have draws for the next 3 wm's.

Then Austin vs. Punk at WM 30? There. We have draws for the next 3 wm's.

Austin won't draw one million buys. Not a big enough mainstream star, he's around more often than the other part-time guys, etc. I love Austin (my favorite wrestler), a hell of a lot more than I do Brock or Rock, but he's not the draw they are. Not anymore.

Outside of Bowflex commercials, I have no idea what else Lesnar could end up doing. He tried football, that time has passed. He was a huge MMA star, but now he's retired. I just don't see opportunity banging down his door. If he were an older man, I could see him sitting on his pile of cash, doing jack shit. But, he's 34 years old. I doubt he's planning to sit around the rest of his life, or run a farm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back