Major heat on Matt Striker

J

Janice

Matt Striker is reported to have major heat backstage after a shot made on the death of Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin, who died while filming a documentary earlier this week. The comments were said to be tasteless and totally out of line. No word yet on what will happen to Striker, but is believed he will make a public appology to Steve's family and wife Terri.
Credit: 1upwrestling.com

I'm surprised he said it of his own accord, I thought he'd been told to say it to gain heat. I dont see the point in apologising to Steve Irwins family, i'm sure there unaware that anything has even been said about him. The only people who care what wrestlers say are wrestling fans, most mainstream media could'nt give a shit about sports entertainment.

Is that really the point though?

Whether Irwin's family hears about it or not, a hell of alot of fans will do and depending on how its recieved, it could be nothing or could be a major issue as far as his reception with the fans goes.

Rumour is going around IMDB that Entertainment Tonight may be reporting it tommorow. :(

I feel bad for Matt. He made a mistake. An honest mistake, and now after all that crap he got for skipping school for wrestling he may now get even more media buzz surrounding his comments. This could blow up worse than Tom Cruise and his CULT.

Poor Matt. I feel really bad for him.

But now poor Matthew could be in for a lawsuit. He does not deserve this bullshit. Also why the fuck has WWE.com removed his Raw photos? Now I don't have the side shot photos of his big penis and the 3 times he got an erection. :(

I think it was actually worse when Kurt Angle said "I'll make your career more dead than Eddie Guererro" right after he died. Doesn't matter if EG was a WWE wrestler, that makes it even worse.

People are right, Striker is a heel is it was a great move to get heat. It was terrible but that's what you do. Good job Matt Striker.

I don't think people will notice, he can apologize if he wants, and that probably would be best. But, most entertainment news doesn't pay attention to wrestling.
Flames Out
Dragon

Steve irwins family will probably find out sooner or later jst like FPV GTHO said, it would be for the best though if he did appolagise steve irwin was a legend at whagt he did no one can top that he risked his life every day to do summat he loved doin. He left his wife and kids every day to go and put his life on the line and do wot he loved doin and for that i give all of my respect to him

flyin hi or flyin low it time to go c ya

Matt really doesnt deserve all this drama... And he wont get sued... theres nothing in the law that states "Cant make fun of someone whos dead"

But there completly blowin this thing out of proportion... He said it... its over with... Yes it is disrespectful.. But nothing is gonna change... He cant just say he didnt say it... They should just drop it and let the man be a wrestler..

I missed the show, what exactly did he say? is it ok to post it?

Look in page one... I already posted it...

Striker tho does not deserve all the blame for this... I dont believe he's the one who came up with the idea... Like I said WWE needs to find new writers...

It's been reported that he was told to say it and that Vince approved. That's far from it being "on his own accord" as he was previously accused of in this thread.

http://www.pwmania.com/newsarticle.php?page=159656026

On ECW.com, Vince McMahon issued the following statement regarding the comment Matt Striker made over Steve Irwin's death during Tuesday's ECW show: "We at WWE apologize for the remark alluding to the death of Steve Irwin which was made on ECW on Sci Fi Tuesday night. The remark was, in the least, disrespectful to Mr. Irwin's fans and family." Its being said that Brian Gewirtz came up with the comment Striker said on Tuesday's ECW show. Although, it was submitted to Vince McMahon and he originally approved it.

Jaycobo said:
Yeah, i dont really understand why he would even say that. It's just rude.

The reason why he said it is probably because it might of costed him his job in the WWE... He really isnt a big star yet... So they would have no problem with releasing him...

Dysturbed said:
It's been reported that he was told to say it and that Vince approved. That's far from it being "on his own accord" as he was previously accused of in this thread.

http://www.pwmania.com/newsarticle.php?page=159656026

On ECW.com, Vince McMahon issued the following statement regarding the comment Matt Striker made over Steve Irwin's death during Tuesday's ECW show: "We at WWE apologize for the remark alluding to the death of Steve Irwin which was made on ECW on Sci Fi Tuesday night. The remark was, in the least, disrespectful to Mr. Irwin's fans and family." Its being said that Brian Gewirtz came up with the comment Striker said on Tuesday's ECW show. Although, it was submitted to Vince McMahon and he originally approved it.

Thank God, although it did come out of Strikers mouth, he can not be blamed because some asshole backstage told him to say it or lose your job, just like Orton didn't get blammed for his comments on Eddie Guerrero (R.I.P) I would be severealy pissed off if he goes to blame over all this but if he doesn't I can see WWE building off it.

its no surprise that a wwe wrestler said this about a legend like steve irwin just 2 gain cheap heat when we have put up with the disrespect of the late eddie for many months now

It was definatly not worse then Orton saying Eddie was in hell... Thats just down right wrong... Knowing that scrub Orton he prolly said that on his own...

The thing with Irwin... The Irwin thing needs to die down... Its over with... It was said and nothing is going to change it..

With Eddie, even though the comment and certain other things were tasteless, they weren't literally personal shots on the guy, rather odd ways of furthering a storyline. In a sense, as tasteless as the comment was it can essentially be seen as a tribute, depending on how you view it. How is an insult a tribute? Looking beyond it, Eddie was actually amongst WWE's most pushed stars (in a sense) for awhile, even after his death. The fact that he was still considered important enough to be included in storylines says a lot of positive things towards what WWE thought of him, even though the comment is technically negative. I'm not sure if that will make sense to anyone, but it's a different way of looking at it. I don't think that Eddie's wife would willingly appear on television on several occasions if she felt that the comment had the intended purpose that you guys seem to think. Not that her opinion has to change anyone elses

I'm not trying to say that it wasn't a tasteless comment, rather that there's probably a deeper, more positive connotation to certain things than some people realize (as strange as that sounds). That's in regards to Eddie and certain other things, not the Irwin comment.

i love Steve Irwin and i hate Matt Striker, but why is everbody trying to be so politically correct... I was greatly sadden by the death of Steve Irwin but im not and attention ****e that says "that offend's me" if the joke is funny, ill laugh.. plain and simple.

PauLwaLL50 said:
It was definatly not worse then Orton saying Eddie was in hell... Thats just down right wrong... Knowing that scrub Orton he prolly said that on his own...

The thing with Irwin... The Irwin thing needs to die down... Its over with... It was said and nothing is going to change it..
o

ORTON is no scrub

I thought the comment was disgusting, and I think he and whoever came up with it should be punished; it's just not good at all to make jabs at dead people for cheap heat, and it's one of the main things I hate about WWE programing.

OK.. what did he say.

Steve Irwin was a hero in my country.. for the work he did not for the crazy acts that made people laugh.. I want to know what he said.

Its just so lame that WWE thinks they can do things like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back