• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mae Young has passed

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
Mike Mooneyham is reporting that Mae Young has passed on, after being taken off of Life Support.

Click here for article

It is a sad day for wrestling. The last of that early breed of Pro Wrestlers is almost gone. She saw and did it all from winning the first Womens World Title when even the Lady wrestlers had to be "Hookers" (In the wrestling sense get your mind out of the gutter) She saw and helped numerous wrestlers both Male and Female to be better at their chosen craft. She will be remembered.

RIP Mae Young

March 23 1923 - January 9 2014

mae_photos.jpg

I really liked Mae Young. Like most I only ever saw her in WWE but her influence on Womens wrestling is huge. A solid hooker from what I hear and she was quite entertaining as well.

RIP Mae, out of all the women's wrestlers I've seen you may have entertained me the most of all.

It's the passing of an institution. I am sad knowing that next time there's an x-hundreth Smackdown episode, she won't be in any backstage segments giving birth to anything or calling the current divas bad names.

We need clarification.

Is she dead? Alive? Or died & came back and is now a zombie? Do we cut off her head to make sure? This is all confusing...

And the most over-used joke of the past decade goes to...

"She kicks out!!!!! Mae Young kicks out at Two!! Mae Young must be Cena's grandmother, kicking out at death!!"

I understand that its a miracle that she survived, and a news to be happy about... But this joke is starting to get annoying. Every Mae Young related article on the WrestleZone main page and wrestling pages on facebook have at least 5 people cracking that same joke.

"She kicks out!!!!! Mae Young kicks out at Two!! Mae Young must be Cena's grandmother, kicking out at death!!"

I understand that its a miracle that she survived, and a news to be happy about... But this joke is starting to get annoying. Every Mae Young related article on the WrestleZone main page and wrestling pages on facebook have at least 5 people cracking that same joke.

Lighten up. It's a funny joke.

Well, its all out of our HANDs now

Romney-Goofy-Laugh-91632069520_xlarge.jpeg

images

Damn. One of wrestling funniest moments, to me, was when she showed up with her grown up hand. Can't say she didn't live life to the fullest.

RIP Mae Young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back