• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Machismo And Feminismo = Moral Decay?

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
First of all, feminismo means feminism. Here I'll talk about the kind thats about equal rights. This is something I took from my Spanish Literature professor during class reading a story.

Machismo is considered a quality that men possess where they feel the need to exert themselves as "men". That as men they are obligated to assert their dominance. This over the years has deteriorated to men becoming defensive of their women (jealous). I don't know if its the same case in the U.S. as it is here but there is a very high amount of murders here where the cause is a man being jealous at a woman for said reason. Either its ending the relation and going out with another man or just because the man in question feels his "woman" isn't being true to him.

Why? Why is it that we feel such tendencies and insecurities? If we are so sure of our masculinity then why such a lack of trust?

Feminism on the other hand is different. Women wanting the same treatment as men. Work, voting rights, finances, all that stuff I don't want. Over time they obviously succeeded. They aren't looked at as house maids that just cook and raise the kids. Now that women have these rights they also get the perks. A night at the club having a couple of drinks. Check out some guys. Hang out (Sorry, I don't know much here). This attracts men. With machismo. They show why you (woman) should be with him. Asserting his way as a "man". This is perfectly natural. I'm not saying its wrong. However what about after the fun? Woman and man get into a relationship. Woman doesn't like man because he is too demanding and too uptight (machismo at play). Woman dumps man. She starts to see other people (presumably men). Man's pride is hurt and decides to assert his manhood. Our result? In most cases, death.

My question is, if women were just housewives. Staying at home, cleaning, cooking and raising the kids. Unexposed to the previously mentioned "perks". Would the result be the same? Is equal rights somewhat responsible for the fall of the morals in the family and in society?

Side note: I'm not saying I disapprove of men and women having equal rights. I am not a sexist. I am just asking said question using a story given to me by a college professor (female, to be more precise).

Why? Why is it that we feel such tendencies and insecurities? If we are so sure of our masculinity then why such a lack of trust?

Machismo in this instance has nothing to do with trust. It has to do with aggression and dominance. When there's trust, aggression and dominance aren't needed. You don't get angry at people who agree with you.

Is equal rights somewhat responsible for the fall of the morals in the family and in society?

I feel that both viewpoints are missing the mark. "Machismo" and "feminismo".

The fact is life is about balance. Too much of one thing inevitably brings about it's opposite.

For instance, because men disrespected women, feminism came about to counteract that. But because feminism is incomplete, because it only takes half of humanity into account, "machismo" came about to counteract that.

Both sides are extremes. There needs to be balance.

A man who is too aggressive will find it hard to get along with anyone, much less a woman. If you try to dominate everyone you meet they're going to hate your guts.

A woman who values independence above everything, will constantly undermine her relationships so as to prove she's the one in control. She'll never be able to get really intimate with someone for fear of "being tied down".

So in the instances you've quoted, and the ideas you're discussing, I find that neither one is a sound solution as an ideal system.

There are masculine and feminine parts to everybody.

Men can cry, and women can kick some ass.

I think you should embrace the totality of your being and not just one part.

That way you're a whole individual and not merely partial, which is really what feminismo and machismo are about, partiality due to some abstract sexist standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back