Hey Man, No Means No. I Mean It.

Razor

crafts entire Worlds out of Words
AP Knows About Surveys and Statistics

From 1990 to 2009, the percentage of sexual harassment claims filed by men has doubled from 8 percent to 16 percent of all claims, according to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Women still file the overwhelming majority of sexual harassment claims with the EEOC and state and local agencies. But lawyers at the commission say they've noticed the increase in complaints by men — more than 2,000 were filed in 2009 out of about 12,700 cases.

Male claims made up about 12 percent of all cases a decade ago, but the percentage has continued to rise even as the overall number of sexual harassment complaints has declined. And last year, the percentage of lawsuits the EEOC filed on behalf of male victims hit an all-time high, making up 14 percent of all cases.

That's right. Men are starting to report sexual harassment more often. Up from 8% of all cases reported to 16%.

This tells me a number of things:

1) Sexual assault is not a woman only issue. Any left-wing femi-tard that tells you that obviously doesn't know what's up. Feel free to enlighten him/her.

2) Men who are sexually assaulted may be our silent victims in society. Everyone says "Women are too ashamed to cry rape," but what about men? Men who half the time will be told "You got a boner, you obviously wanted it."

South Park will aid me in my cause:

[YOUTUBE]8hdbns1Xdk0[/YOUTUBE]

That's right. I'm sourcing South Park.

At any rate, the video shows what I'm speaking of. If a man gets assaulted by a woman, then he's automatically assumed to have wanted the sexual involvement. South Park may be exaggerating, sure. But it speaks true all the same.

Not only that, but think of the air surrounding men in American society these days. We're strong, we're powerful, we ought to be able to fend off anything. So when a woman tries to sexually assault a man, a lot of our peers will think "Well, why didn't he just push her away?" Simple fact of the matter is that shock and weapons play a huge part in the issue.

The above paragraph applies to men who get assaulted by gay men as well. America already has a stereotype of the "feminine gay" or that a straight man should be able to fight back any gay man. If a gay biker comes along and rapes you in a truck stop somewhere, it's your fault as a straight man for being overpowered. And if you're gay, then you obviously wanted the sex act.

I have a few questions to be answered in this thread:

1) Why the double standard for men/women when it comes to "wanting" sexual assault? I mean, women have been known to have orgasms during assaults. They aren't assumed to then "want" the rape or sexual assault.

2) Why the double standard when it comes to fighting off attackers? I guarantee you if a 250 pound gay muscle jock wanted to rape me, I couldn't fight him off.

Stake your claim.

I think male rape by a man is the least reported crime, for the connotatios of you being weak if you let it happen to yourself. As for women raping men, that's not even an actual crime. As in, women can only be convicted of sexual assault, not rape, as it has to be penatrive. That's bullshit in my opinion. 90% of, for want of a better expression, traditional rapes aren't some guy in a balaclava waiting down a back alley, they are of guys who prey on really drunk girls in bars and pressurise them into sex. I don't see why men are immune to that thread. Lord knows most of us have slept with someone we shouldn't have and realised it the next morning, I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that someone could pressure you into it when drunk.

It's just one of those things that will probably never change though. Society is built to believe that men are strong and strong willed and they can't be preyed upon, and as long as that is the prevailing mindset, this sort of thing will go on.

It's another punishment to the groups that have been the powerful ones for hundreds of years really.

Men were the dominant gender in society from the beginning of time and as such many of the laws of today do not protect us in a changing world. We need to be proactive in seeking changes to inequality as woman have been over the last 100 years and make sure that equality in these modern times does not mean that women come first, but that all people are EQUAL.

Just My Opinion

I think the idea of "a man can't get raped" is just bullshit. I also find the comment of "You got an erection so you must want it" just ridiculous. Men are (sadly sometimes) as the mercy of their hormones. Even if you don't want a girl doing anything to you, you get your junk grabbed most of the time you are gonna get hard. It's the simple truth. Just another double standard in society that we sadly will probably never overcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back