• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Luke Gallows (DOC) Revealed as Aces & Eights Enforcer

BigDaddyKewl

Getting Noticed By Management
So Luke Gallows is revealed as the big guy in Aces and 8s. Joseph Park un masked Gallows before getting Choke slammed through a table. I could see Gallows facing Parks or his "brother" Abyss in some kind of Hardcore match at Turning Point. If the build him enough and give him a good push I think he could be a credible opponent against the likes of Sting Bully Ray and Angle. I think he has a lot of talent and is good in the ring for a big man. He played a similar role in WWE as part of the Straight Edge Society before getting released.
What will they do with Gallows? who do you see him feuding with? will he last in TNA after the Aces and 8s story line is over?

Didn't they say last week anyone who's unmasked is out of A@8's?

If that is not true and i imagined it then i could seem him facing Abyss (i hope not Parks) Bully, Samoa Joe. He's a very good wrestler and if built correctly could be a very solid midcard heel.

I was happy with this reveal, It's another high up (pretty sure this is the "armbreaker") and it's someone who is well known as he wrestled as Issiah Cash in Ra Ka King for TNA. So that will probably be his ring name.

As for what I think they will do with him, I can see a monsters ball match with Parks coming for Turning Point cause TNA seems to have forgotten about the Abyss gimmick. After that I think he will wrestle along with Devon in some tag matches maybe even going after the tag titles until more guys are revealed in the group.

I liked this reveal to. It is one that we kind of expected all along though. I liked him in SES, and I think he could be built as a credible opponent. He has the size, and isn't bad in the ring. I would like to see them go back to the Abyss character and have him face gallows, and then I agree with the poster above in that he could do some tag team work with Devon or another member.

I think everyone knew Luke Gallows/Isiah Cash was a member of Aces & Eights, but I think its good that another member has been revealed.

Gallows is a decent big man, I enjoyed his work as a member of the SES in WWE with CM Punk and I reckon that he could be a good addition to TNA's roster. As other posters have currently said, I think he and Devon could be a good team in the tag team ranks right now, as it would be useful for Aces & Eights to get some gold in the group.

However, I expect something to happen with Parks- perhaps some kind of hardcore match at the next PPV, with Parks reverting back to his Abyss character at some point.

We've all pretty much known for a while that Luke Gallows was a member of the group. It's not a shocking reveal or anything like that, but at least we can put another actual face with the group instead of just random guys in masks.

Gallows is a pretty decent bigger guy. I enjoyed him as a member of the SES in WWE. At the same time, however, I doubt that this is ultimately going to jack up the level of intrigue or interest in Aces & Eights, at least not for me. If you're someone that's into this storyline then last night was a bit of an uptick in things. If you're not into it, then someone like Gallows being revealed as a member isn't going to do anything for you.

this was pretty good. nothing big, but like Devon I think Gallows is just another one of the lower members. still multiple bigger guys yet to be revealed. still the President and the Vice President. TNA can still stretch this out for awhile.

while many "internet wrestling fans" have known that Gallows was going to be revealed as a member of Aces/Eights, I don't think that means most of your viewing audience on TV knew that. IMO only a small percentage of viewers on TV are taking the time to check out internet sites for spoilers and such.

"Luke Gallows" is a name he can't use right? Isiah Cash is what he used in RKK.

I just have one question.....why should TNA fans care about him? Who the hell is he to them? I can see Devon being someone they care about, because he's been there for a few years now and him being in the group is a surprise, but when Gallows was unmasked, who cared? Since he's never been in TNA, couldn't he have not been masked at all, since he wasn't known? Seems silly. It's not like anyone was emotionally invested in Gallows like they might be with Devon.

I still wonder how long this will play out before we see Wes Brisco and Garret Bischoff revealed. And how long before the leader is revealed.

It's a good idea to do this a slow build. If they reveal one member per month it really brings anticipation. It's still one of the most interesting angles on TNA currently so keep up the good work.

Still thinking Crimson, Double J, and Eric Bischoff will be involved as well.

Didn't they say last week anyone who's unmasked is out of A@8's?

I don't think so, Devon was just stressing they take extra care in keeping their masks on at all times.

As for Gallows, I liked the way it was done, with Park of all people being the one to do it. I'm just curious as to what his name will be. I know he can't use Luke Gallows, but could he simply use "Gallows"? Or can he still not do that?

Who knew those masks could come off so easily?

I'm seriously concerned that all the beer drinking that goes on at Aces and Eights lair is going to knock Gallows off the wagon and revert him back to being Festus.

It was pretty anti-climatic after a screwy non-main event. The best part was Joseph Parks acting like a pathetic lost child. Gallows will be a fine addition to the show. He doesn't have much personality or charisma but he can be used to enhance other talents. I am not sure if this does much for the current storyline.

I don't see what the huge deal with this being Gallows is? Why does this mentality persist that if a performer ever worked in another company, he's a "reject" when he leaves, is let go, fired, etc. and moves onto another company? Talent is talent. Years ago, when wrestling was actually good, we used to have these crazy things called territories, and performers FREQUENTLY moved from one "brand" to another. It's only in this awful, post-WCW acquisition era that this nonsense is relevant to any discussion, though it doesn't actually have any bearing on reality as Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, etc. can attest to.

Regardless, Gallows/Cash is a fine addition. He's not a huge name, but is a solid performer and suited perfectly for the role he's being cast in as an enforcer.

Sorry to break it to you all, but if you are expecting to see all these superstars beneath the masks, think again, because it's just not going to happen. There are no "superstars" to be had to be revealing in this as some major plot. The reported names beneath the masks thus far will suffice just fine, as they are not actually the sticking point of this whole Aces and Eights angle — the leader is. Whoever the leader is is who matters most.

Someone earlier in the thread asked when Wes Briscoe would be unmasked as a member of A&8. Well if you were all paying attention when Kurt Angle was getting attacked at the end of last weeks Impact, he was being hit by the guy we THOUGHT was Briscoe, but then Briscoe came running up to help Kurt and actually HIT the guy we all THOUGHT was Briscoe. So I think we need to move on from that.

I don't think so, Devon was just stressing they take extra care in keeping their masks on at all times.

It was really bothering me so i looked it up and you're right Devon said the would lose there cut if there mask came off not get cut that's my bad.

Someone earlier in the thread asked when Wes Briscoe would be unmasked as a member of A&8. Well if you were all paying attention when Kurt Angle was getting attacked at the end of last weeks Impact, he was being hit by the guy we THOUGHT was Briscoe, but then Briscoe came running up to help Kurt and actually HIT the guy we all THOUGHT was Briscoe. So I think we need to move on from that.

actually the Aces/Eights guy with the long hair was not there attacking Angle. it was 3 bigger masked guys and Devon.
video here. starts at 13:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGxWTQpAfiU

but even if a long haired guy was there, it wouldn't mean Brisco can't be Aces/Eights. there could have been someone with long hair just filling in masked.

It was really bothering me so i looked it up and you're right Devon said the would lose there cut if there mask came off not get cut that's my bad.

Losing your "cut" when it comes to a biker gang means you're out, so actually, Cash could in fact have just lost his membership for losing his mask.

I don't see why people are disappointed with the Gallows reveal or the Devon reveal. I'm not sure how many guys will ultimately be in the faction, but if there are a half dozen or more, it is unrealistic to think they'll all be superstar main eventers. If one of them was the leader, it would be an epic fail, but for them to constitute some muscle and some name recognition, what's the problem? What did people think, Aces and Eights would be Angle, Roode, Aries, Hardy, and four other top dogs? Unrealistic expectations if you ask me.

I still think Bully Ray and Jeff Jarrett are the main guys, possibly Bischoff as well, with a series of dudes comparable to Devon and Gallows as supporting characters. Expectations are running high, I hope TNA is able to fulfill them. Because if not, it will be "they" all over again.

Was never really a fan of Luke Gallows, but it's not entirely his fault. His Fedtus gimmick was shit, and I stopped watching WWE before the SES stable. But I can buy him as an enforcer to Devon. He could possibly put on a solid match with Abyss when the time comes. We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't see what the huge deal with this being Gallows is? Why does this mentality persist that if a performer ever worked in another company, he's a "reject" when he leaves, is let go, fired, etc. and moves onto another company? Talent is talent. Years ago, when wrestling was actually good, we used to have these crazy things called territories, and performers FREQUENTLY moved from one "brand" to another. It's only in this awful, post-WCW acquisition era that this nonsense is relevant to any discussion, though it doesn't actually have any bearing on reality as Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, etc. can attest to.

Regardless, Gallows/Cash is a fine addition. He's not a huge name, but is a solid performer and suited perfectly for the role he's being cast in as an enforcer.

Sorry to break it to you all, but if you are expecting to see all these superstars beneath the masks, think again, because it's just not going to happen. There are no "superstars" to be had to be revealing in this as some major plot. The reported names beneath the masks thus far will suffice just fine, as they are not actually the sticking point of this whole Aces and Eights angle — the leader is. Whoever the leader is is who matters most.

"You must spread some rep about before giving it to It's Damn Real again".

Wrestlers wrestle, they do so all over the place. Just because WWE no longer has a use for them for whatever reason doesn't mean they are useless. If anything WWE didn't come close to fully capitalizing on the angle they had Gallows working in. Gallows is good at his job, he isn't some Hall of Famer, but he definitely has something to offer when writers come up with something good for him.

The days of being able to bring in "shock" big names are long gone, I like this angle, I like that they are spending a long time on it, but unfortunately it's going to be met with a lot of people complaining as people are revealed because they had unreasonable expectations of how awesome the people behind it would be.

"You must spread some rep about before giving it to It's Damn Real again".

Wrestlers wrestle, they do so all over the place. Just because WWE no longer has a use for them for whatever reason doesn't mean they are useless. If anything WWE didn't come close to fully capitalizing on the angle they had Gallows working in. Gallows is good at his job, he isn't some Hall of Famer, but he definitely has something to offer when writers come up with something good for him.

The days of being able to bring in "shock" big names are long gone, I like this angle, I like that they are spending a long time on it, but unfortunately it's going to be met with a lot of people complaining as people are revealed because they had unreasonable expectations of how awesome the people behind it would be.

Yep it's not going to be nWo again. It is what it is, a way to bring in new wrestlers or repackage older ones. In this case I think Gallows/Cash is being used about right.

Expectations are running high, I hope TNA is able to fulfill them. Because if not, it will be "they" all over again.

Well, first time that TNA used 'they' it was supposed to be an ECW heel stable led by Abyss... And they changed their minds.

Then it was supposed to be The return of the MEM... And they changed their minds.

But the rumours I've heard suggest that Devon being involved at all was a very last minute deal...

Well, first time that TNA used 'they' it was supposed to be an ECW heel stable led by Abyss... And they changed their minds.

Then it was supposed to be The return of the MEM... And they changed their minds.

But the rumours I've heard suggest that Devon being involved at all was a very last minute deal...
Changing your mind is the entire purpose of the "ambiguous authority figure" storyline, which has been around for decades. It's been getting a LOT of play over the past couple of years, however, from Aces and Eights to THEY to the RAW General Manager. You see it a lot in suspense/mystery novels as well. It's a great way to disguise bad writing, but I suppose that's the artist in me being snobbish.

Your audience is convinced that there is a story which has been fully sketched out beforehand, and is focused on the eventual reveal at the end of the chapter. Meanwhile, you, the writer, have no idea what you're going to write next, but you're winging it based on reaction to the last segment of the story. The mask/reveal at BFG could have been anyone; just like at last year's BFG, "THEY" could have been helping out Anderson, Angle, OR Hardy, and it would still make sense. (The WWE took a huge pass on the General Manager reveal. You don't even have to come up with an ending at all, if you don't want to!)

Don't focus on what a company "plans" to do based on dirt sheet reports and forum rumors, because those aren't "plans", they're ideas. This is professional wrestling, not Shakespeare. People are winging it here.

Don't focus on what a company "plans" to do based on dirt sheet reports and forum rumors, because those aren't "plans", they're ideas. This is professional wrestling, not Shakespeare. People are winging it here.

The Acesand eights reveal, sure, but with Abyss filling rings with chairs and making veiled references to ECW it was pretty obvious what the plan was. Same with Crimson appearing in the MEM suit and aligning himself with Steiner and Angle.

By all means be ready to change a plan if necessary, but sometimes, if you've laid the groundwork, then the story is better left as planned.

I honestly never knew he was Festus until the CM Punk dvd came out. Luke Gallows didn't do anything for me, cause I never thought of him as too good of a wrestler, simply cause I never watched him wrestle much. But I had seen something in Festus, I believe he had some good battles with Undertaker on Smackdown at one time.

So with that being enlightened in my eyes, Luke Gallows being revealed as a member of the Aces and Eights works for me. He's proven he can do the stable thing fairly well, and I think he is a good enough in-ring worker.

I don't see Gallows doing anything too successful in the Singles area in TNA. But he could be gold in this role with Aces and Eights.

Last night at the beginning of IW, there was another of the clubhouse meetings with Aces & Eights in which Gallows name in TNA is revealed as DOC. We also learn that DOC isn't really a name and more of a title that stands for Director of Chaos.

I've heard some lousy names for wrestlers and this has to be one of the worst. It's definitely the worst I've heard in recent memory. It sounds like a cheap comic book villain from the 1950s and 1960s. Maybe the president of the club will be Lex Luthor. :p If this was meant to portray Gallows in some sort of fierce light, it's definitely going to fall flat. I actually laughed out loud when Devon said his name. I'm guessing that Gallows is supposed to be a leg breaker for the group, given his assault on Sting last night. That's all well and good. I'm not saying that he can't do well in that role, just that the character name is plain shitty. I'm sure some will try to defend the name as they can't stand the thought of anyone saying anything remotely negative about TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back