Loving Lashley

Kizzani

Getting Noticed By Management
I have watched Boxing, UFC (Tournament UFC, now new version turd style) and WWE since I was a young kid. There is something special about a true champion walking to the ring holding the WBA, WBC, WBO and IBF titles.

Very few wrestlers have held multiple titles and we haven't really had one that has held to prime titles. Most can boast this with two titles and 1 usually is a Tag title.

Seth Rollins is the most recent with the US and world title.

But Lashley is trying to do what only a few have done before him, Lance storm but he was never a world champion ( back in the WCW days) or the Ridiculous 10 titles held by ultimo dragon ( which was insane) but still never held the world title.

Finally though after all this time a champion big enough and talented enough will do it, I wished it was WWE but hey I'll take it. I always wondered why not to be honest, if you were the best and were winning all the time ( ala John Cena) why would you wait to see who was going to be taking a shot at your title? Why not go out and chase the glory? TNA is doing this so well and in time I can see Lashley having 3 matches in a single night and losing 2 of 3 titles, But still being able to climb that mountain shines a brighter light on your career, even if you are a big fish in a small tank.

I can think of one Champion who accomplished this, and did it better.

X2I4E3C_large.jpg

Bobby Lashley is the tank that moves like a race car. He’s the Real Deal. He’s the Dominator. He’s the Destroyer. He’s the Boss, before Sasha Banks got to NXT. He’s the God of Thunder. (Okay that last one belongs to Thor, but whatever).

I hope he gets a shot at James Storm and takes the TNA King Of The Mountain Championship Title Belt. As far as the TNA World Tag Team Championship Title Belts go, I hope he gets them too, but with a partner. Now who should that partner be??

I don't know that Kurt did it better, to be honest. He won them all in a single match. What Lashley is doing is dominating, by going after each title in succession. It's a great story to be told, but the problem with this is that once he's got them all, then what? It's always a little silly because the descent, not the ascent, is often the harder part of the journey.

Bobby Lashley has two Championship Title Belts. Kurt Angle had five Championship Title Belts and Karen. Angle did it better, even if for only one month. HAHA!!

I get what you’re saying though. Angle just happens to be my 4th favorite Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainer of all time.

People seem to have a tendency to ignore another wrestler who did this recently...not once, but twice.

trrhefr.PNG

The Miz was United States Champion, World Tag Team Champion, and WWE Tag Team Champion simultaneously, which makes him the only person in WWE history to hold three championships at the same time.

Cena-and-the-Miz.png

And then a year later he was WWE Champion and WWE Tag Team Champion at the same time.

Funny how people always seem to conveniently overlook how much The Miz has accomplished.

The WWE hasn't even remotely tried to remind us how great he was. I totally forgot all of that

Probably because the Miz is fucking shit. Stop infecting a perfectly healthy thread with your Mizerable herpes-infested post celebrating the accomplishments of an uncurable virus. You know why no one brings him up? Because it's like being reminded of the worst times in your life simply because they happened.

I should also add to my above post, the reason I'm a little fearful if/when Lashley gets all of TNA's titles is because I'm not sure I actually trust them to tell the story to completion from that point on. They are usually great at getting to the top of the mountain, but rarely graceful coming back down from it. I'd rather not witness that kind of fall.

Probably because the Miz is fucking shit. Stop infecting a perfectly healthy thread with your Mizerable herpes-infested post celebrating the accomplishments of an uncurable virus. You know why no one brings him up? Because it's like being reminded of the worst times in your life simply because they happened.

I should also add to my above post, the reason I'm a little fearful if/when Lashley gets all of TNA's titles is because I'm not sure I actually trust them to tell the story to completion from that point on. They are usually great at getting to the top of the mountain, but rarely graceful coming back down from it. I'd rather not witness that kind of fall.

The Miz is one of the best things in WWE today. Nobody worked harder to earn their spot than he did, and nobody worked harder to improve than he did. He came in as green as anyone I've ever seen, and worked his ass off to get better. By 2009, it was obvious to anyone who knows wrestling that The Miz was a star. The Miz on his worst day is better than Bobby Lashley could ever dream of being.

The way things have been going lately, I'm pretty optimistic about how they book his downfall but I have to admit.. I'd kind of like to see Lashley pull off the trifecta. At least with him it's believable without worrying about what they'd have to do to get the titles off him

No, I'm with you on that. It's what to do after that scares me. I can only think of a handful of feuds or really major angles that they actually saw through properly. Aces & Eights, believe it or not, was one.

In the case of Lashley, this would become the biggest thing in the company, so it's critical that the descent not be a head-over-heels tumble down the mountain side. It has to make sense and that's not easy to do without also destroying the competitor you just built up.

Lashley was right when he said at the moment he is the very best in the business in any promotion. His in ring work is incredible and he is actually interesting and believable on the mic. TNA's heavyweight division is equal or better than any other promotion also with the likes of Lashley, EC3, Drew Galloway, The Miracle, Moose, E-Li-Drake and James Storm stepping up to the plate big time. It's time to give some credit where it is due. TNA! TNA! TNA!

Lashley is a legit bad arse! He WILL win all the gold in TNA eventually. I still say team him up with Moose and let them destroy everyone on the roster! His in-ring work is amazing! He takes some brutal bumps but bounces up like it didn't phase him. Let history be made. I'm glad to see a black man making this history. This is something that racist Vince McMahon would never do!

Jay Lethal had a great run last year with the ROH Championship belt and the tv title belt as well. It's good to see the brothers dominate in a industry that has been run by whites.

No, I'm with you on that. It's what to do after that scares me. I can only think of a handful of feuds or really major angles that they actually saw through properly. Aces & Eights, believe it or not, was one.

In the case of Lashley, this would become the biggest thing in the company, so it's critical that the descent not be a head-over-heels tumble down the mountain side. It has to make sense and that's not easy to do without also destroying the competitor you just built up.
I think that Lashley is going to lose all three titles at Bound For Glory PPV. What makes this credible enough to understand is that he loses these titles in back-to-back matches.

This way, Lashley could be protected as a credible champion who loses after fighting multiple challengers.

Aron Rex' staredown at the end of the show might indicate that he's going to challenge Lashley for any title. It shouldn't be X-Division. It might be KoTM title or World title but I favour the former one. Although I would prefer that Rex first gets indulged in a feud rather than straight to a title win. Feud with Storm ending at Bound For Glory could be a good choice.

Lashley did it!!

lashley-696x424.jpg

RESEM54401zqz8Z1t.png

Am I the only one that did not see this coming…because I don’t watch Impact regularly!? Now I have to go back and watch the celebration. This is amazing to me. In 2016, we can have a Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment show with one Star holding all of the singles Championships and carry an entire roster for 2 hours a week. If he can hold the 3 Straps for more than a month, then I would consider it a success.

Decay...you're next!!

Congrats to Lashley! I love that cat! He probably will lose at least one belt at Bound for Glory, but his accomplishment is amazing. I saw him on CBS' pilot episode of "Rush Hour." He was playing a random goon in a club. I'm glad that cat is getting exposure for his amazing work.

What makes each championship victory so special, is that Bobby Lashley has put on spectacular matches with everyone he took the championship off of. His match with Drew Galloway was amazing, his victory over Eddie Edwards was superb, and his match last night was easily one of the best I've seen in TNA in a long ass time. Those false finishes were perfectly done, and I couldn't stop wanting more when it was over. It was, in my opinion, a WrestleMania quality match that should have been saved for Bound for Glory, or at least SlammeVersary. But it wasn't, so now we're getting a triple champion. I'm honestly okay with that because I think Lashley is the perfect person to put into three different storylines. He's got a Godly amount of agility and can go for a long time in the ring. Makes me wonder why WWE never pulled the trigger when they had him. Why didn't they push him?

The Miz is one of the best things in WWE today. Nobody worked harder to earn their spot than he did, and nobody worked harder to improve than he did. He came in as green as anyone I've ever seen, and worked his ass off to get better. By 2009, it was obvious to anyone who knows wrestling that The Miz was a star. The Miz on his worst day is better than Bobby Lashley could ever dream of being.

If that was the case, why is The Miz a mid-carder? It is 2016 and Miz has become an annoyance. He needs someone to prop him up, unlike Lashley. Now, clean out that IV in your arm. Vince has more Kool-Aid to inject.

Sorry, but just because he has all three singles titles doesn't mean that he's carrying the show. His promo at the beginning of the show with EC3, to me, was painful to watch. He reminded me of the love child of Tony Atlas and Jack Swagger.

The only reason, in my opinion, that TNA is even pushing Lashley like this is because of his MMA career. Unfortunately, you ask any casual fan of MMA that doesn't know shit about wrestling who Bobby Lashley is, they will go "Who?"

Bellator is to UFC what TNA is to WWE. Most casual fans won't know it exists unless ESPN points something out to them.

Sorry, but just because he has all three singles titles doesn't mean that he's carrying the show. His promo at the beginning of the show with EC3, to me, was painful to watch. He reminded me of the love child of Tony Atlas and Jack Swagger.

The only reason, in my opinion, that TNA is even pushing Lashley like this is because of his MMA career. Unfortunately, you ask any casual fan of MMA that doesn't know shit about wrestling who Bobby Lashley is, they will go "Who?"

Bellator is to UFC what TNA is to WWE. Most casual fans won't know it exists unless ESPN points something out to them.

I disrespectfully have to disagree with you there hoss. What Lashley is doing is epic! It's shameful haters like you try and discredit Lashley's amazing work. You have an agenda here and it's not wrestling, but something far more nefarious. It's a shame too, its 2017...Not 1967. What a shameful and disgraceful post.

I disrespectfully have to disagree with you there hoss. What Lashley is doing is epic! It's shameful haters like you try and discredit Lashley's amazing work. You have an agenda here and it's not wrestling, but something far more nefarious. It's a shame too, its 2017...Not 1967. What a shameful and disgraceful post.
Joe! Buddy! Speaking of shameful and disgraceful posters.

We had the beginnings of a discussion going in a previous thread, something about how I'm wrong 99% of the time:
And the point of your idiotic rant is? You are wrong 99% of the time about everything, so I fully expect Taven and Bennet to be reunited in Jan 2017 in TNA.
To jog your memory, since I'm sure you just missed my response, your time was too valuable, or reasons:
I will make you a bet on this. If you're correct, I won't post on the forums for a year. If I'm correct, you won't post on the forums for a year. No alt accounts, your shitposts are very recognizable. The bet is that Matt Taven will appear on TNA programming on or before January 31st, 2017. We'll even count television tapings, although the content has to actually air- it doesn't count if it's a Homicide type situation. Let's say that if Matt Taven appears and films for a television taping before January 31st, we'll hold off execution of the bet until the content runs. I don't expect this scenario, but you are definitely the grasp at straws type, so it's safer to have all our bases covered.

Deal?
That offer of course still stands, and since I'm wrong 99% of the time, this should be a slam-dunk for you. Imagine- a whole year where you don't have to follow up the systematic dismantlement of your posts with a response about how I must be a stupidhead. (At least from me.) If you're concerned about me welshing on my end (I'm not, in the least bit, concerned about you backing out on the agreement, as you are surely a person of great honor and respect), we can probably talk KB or Sly into sticking a one-year suspension on the loser.

Don't forget that you're obviously ten times the man I am, so multiply that by the 99% of the time I'm wrong, and you have a 990% chance of winning here. But then you add Kurt Angle into the mix, and he knows he can't compete with you, so you take your 990% and multiply it by 2, because he won't even try to win.

So you have a 1980% chance of winning this bet. Matt Taven appears on ROH television on or before January 31st, 2017. Deal?

Are we really comparing Lashley to Miz? No disrespect to Miz fans, but the dude has always been annoying, not entertaining. Don't wanna hear him or see him wrestle. While Lashley isn't a talker, there's no denying that he's entertaining to watch in the ring. In the case of Miz, I see him and I can't change channels quick enough.

Joe! Buddy! Speaking of shameful and disgraceful posters.

We had the beginnings of a discussion going in a previous thread, something about how I'm wrong 99% of the time:

To jog your memory, since I'm sure you just missed my response, your time was too valuable, or reasons:

That offer of course still stands, and since I'm wrong 99% of the time, this should be a slam-dunk for you. Imagine- a whole year where you don't have to follow up the systematic dismantlement of your posts with a response about how I must be a stupidhead. (At least from me.) If you're concerned about me welshing on my end (I'm not, in the least bit, concerned about you backing out on the agreement, as you are surely a person of great honor and respect), we can probably talk KB or Sly into sticking a one-year suspension on the loser.

Don't forget that you're obviously ten times the man I am, so multiply that by the 99% of the time I'm wrong, and you have a 990% chance of winning here. But then you add Kurt Angle into the mix, and he knows he can't compete with you, so you take your 990% and multiply it by 2, because he won't even try to win.

So you have a 1980% chance of winning this bet. Matt Taven appears on ROH television on or before January 31st, 2017. Deal?

Huh? What the hell are you talking about boy? You need to go back to school to learn how to read. Go back and reread what I posted. If you don't understand it, I'll write in crayon for you. smh. Another disgusting troll post from the biggest troll on the forum. Yes you are wrong OVER 99% of the time. You are never right about ANYTHING! If I had the time, I would post the hundreds of times you have been wrong just this past year. smh.......Remember people...DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Huh? What the hell are you talking about boy? You need to go back to school to learn how to read. Go back and reread what I posted. If you don't understand it, I'll write in crayon for you. smh. Another disgusting troll post from the biggest troll on the forum. Yes you are wrong OVER 99% of the time. You are never right about ANYTHING! If I had the time, I would post the hundreds of times you have been wrong just this past year. smh.......Remember people...DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
I thought what I was talking about was pretty clear; you seem to think that I'm wrong 99% of the time, so I offered to make you a wager based on your guarantee that Matt Taven would appear in TNA by January 2017. The terms of the wager were that the loser would leave the forums for a year. Honestly thought that was very clear, but:

A) If Matt Taven appears on TNA-created programming by January 31st, 2017, I will leave these forums for a period of one year.
B) If Matt Taven does not appear on TNA-created programming by January 31st, 2017, you will leave these forums for a period of one year.

If I'm wrong 99% of the time, and I'm the biggest troll on the forum, you would have a 99/100 chance of getting rid of the biggest troll on the forum by taking the bet. Surely you don't value your own presence on these forums so much that the measly, tiny, miniscule 1% chance of my being right is a factor in your decision here, you've told us numerous times how these forums suck.

Take the bet.

I thought what I was talking about was pretty clear; you seem to think that I'm wrong 99% of the time, so I offered to make you a wager based on your guarantee that Matt Taven would appear in TNA by January 2017. The terms of the wager were that the loser would leave the forums for a year. Honestly thought that was very clear, but:

A) If Matt Taven appears on TNA-created programming by January 31st, 2017, I will leave these forums for a period of one year.
B) If Matt Taven does not appear on TNA-created programming by January 31st, 2017, you will leave these forums for a period of one year.

If I'm wrong 99% of the time, and I'm the biggest troll on the forum, you would have a 99/100 chance of getting rid of the biggest troll on the forum by taking the bet. Surely you don't value your own presence on these forums so much that the measly, tiny, miniscule 1% chance of my being right is a factor in your decision here, you've told us numerous times how these forums suck.

Take the bet.

Rayne is the Connor McGregor of WrestleZone, 'kay? He visualizes it, predicts it and it happens. There; solved. Take this into private messages, it has nothing to do with this topic.

Now, I've been pretty impressed with Lash-o. There was a time when he was mind numbingly boring but for some odd reason he started putting on good matches, his promos don't give me a severe ear infection anymore and he has a slight whiff of "legit" to him.

I've never been too huge on the storylines where someone wins multiple singles titles because, most often than not, if the writers figure out a sweet way to put the belts on him, they'll most certainly come up with a ass backwards, cockeyed way to take them off him too.

And I bet you this will be no different. I can already predict how lame the closing parts of these Championship reigns will be.

IDR, 60 Gs baby, hahaaaaaaaa.

Even without this going-for-all-the-gold story line, though, what Lashley has done in really reinventing his character these last few years has been great. He seems to finally be comfortable with who he is as a performer. Especially vocally, and especially since he's limited what he's needed to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back