Louie

FlexAmerican Dynamite

WZCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
Didn't see a thread on it anywhere else but tonight's episode was one of the if not the best episode this season. I suggest everyone watch this show on FX, Louie C.K. is on a roll right now. Great comedian with a Great show and it's already been renewed for season four. Praise it here.

You should catch his tour. He's completely circumvented Ticketmaster, and is selling the tickets by himself. I also hear he's pretty easy to catch and meet before and after shows.

I thought the Robin Williams segment was awesome. I forget sometimes how powerful of an actor he can be after he has done a few stupid movies and disappeared for a while.

The only segment was fine. I enjoy ridiculousness but I probably wasn't in the right frame of mind to enjoy it and it didn't hold my attention.

Louie CK is like the great short story writer of our generation. He just puts his stories to film because no one reads short stories anymore.

More about this season.

The females characters this season are crazy. Think about it:
- the comedian he had sex with
- the mom that is removing her vagina
- the break up girlfriend in the coffee shop
- book store loon (Parker Posey)
- front seat of the truck woman
- even his daughters in some respect

He has found and gotten some great performances out of these women. I'm not saying this is how women normally act, but in the world of tv make believe he has created some entertaining work.

I was thoroughly surprised when I saw his wife was black, but afterwards I got a pretty good laugh out of it. The women this season have been quite interesting though that's for sure.

Yeah, I thought I wanted to see the Pamela storyline continue. The airport scene ("You want me to wait for you!") was classic but I am much happier that they are leaving it alone for the season.

I got a feeling that's more a season final type deal, where after three long seasons of awkwardly hitting on her he finally is barely able to get her.

Does anyone know where I can watch full episodes of Louie online? I watched a few episodes up here on CityTV before they stopped airing them and really enjoyed it.

I work at Dish and I used to use Netflix, but after they hiked up their prices it wasn’t really worth it anymore. I have been using Blockbuster at Home to watch the old season of Louie; it’s a lot cheaper. That was the best episode I have seen in a while though. That kid never was crazy! The whole chemical truck spill scene left me grabbing my sides. If the truck driver is running away screaming you know its bad. I think never is just an example of what Barney looked like when he was younger.

I enjoyed tonight's episode. The beginning story felt a little rushed but overall a still enjoyable sequel to weird little story that I think was all the way back in season 1. The crabs thing also felt a little rushed, awkward, and weird. Which is kinda why I love the show. The last part was really entertaining though, the Sarah Silverman cameo and the 80's Louie is what really did it for me.

I have joked with my wife in the past that divorce attorneys should set up their offices in Ikeas. You would be amazed how that place brings out the worst in people.

The first segment was fine if not a letdown compared to the rest of this season. The woman in that segment is kind of hot and so I can understand Louie wanting to be around her but she goes way over the top. I had enough ridiculousness with Never's mom from the week before, I didn't need any segment with a complete nutjob.

The second segment was really good. It bounced around just like real life. The characters were terrific but not too over the top and the end was totally unexpected. I loved Louie's reaction to Marc Maron. It was borderline Festus.

I don't know if anybody saw tonight's episode but the last part was pretty damn intense. Part of it has me thinking whether or not he was really approached by CBS in real life.

The confidentiality contract makes me think it didn't really happen since I really believe he would have to sign something like that and therefore couldn't tell that story in his show. Good episode, I am very curious to see where it is going.

So I finally finished watching the three part finale and I loved it. The second and third part were my favorites. Louie not being able to trust Leno, Chris Rock, or Jerry Seinfield was to me a interesting way of saying you can't trust anybody in show business. I still wonder whether or not this was loosely based on something real in Louie's life. Considering his recent success I wouldn't be surprised if Louie was approached at some point about doing the Late Show but who knows. All I can say is fuck you Letterman!

I can't wait till next season.

So I finally finished watching the three part finale and I loved it. The second and third part were my favorites. Louie not being able to trust Leno, Chris Rock, or Jerry Seinfield was to me a interesting way of saying you can't trust anybody in show business. I still wonder whether or not this was loosely based on something real in Louie's life. Considering his recent success I wouldn't be surprised if Louie was approached at some point about doing the Late Show but who knows. All I can say is fuck you Letterman!

I can't wait till next season.

Glad you liked it too. I hope we learn what the backstory is that surrounds this story. I can't see Louie ending an episode with "Fuck You Letterman!" for no real reason other than to entertain.

Time to Google.

A few interesting things I've found trying to google this

-CBS did released a press release earlier this year (4/3/12) that they reached a agreement on an extension with Worldwide Pants, Letterman's production company, & the production company that is obviously behind Late Show, & Late Late Show. In the press release they state the extension carries through until 2014.

-According to Louis IMDb page, he was a writer on Late Show w/ Letterman in 1995, for 11 episodes.

-Louis has appeared on Letterman 6 times, the most recent was in 2011, when he appeared as a "guest-comedian".

I really haven't found anything that would suggest that there is an heat between the two, but then again Letterman did sign an extension with CBS in 2012, & Louie has not appeared on Late Show in 2012 at all, so maybe there is some truth to it, though on the other hand if there was, wouldn't CBS be able to sue FX and/or Louie for defamation of character or some shit? They do do a really good job of making Letterman look like a real asshole in finale. My guess is that next season we see more of this relationship play out.

I just started listening to Louis CK, I may watch Louie after seeing some of his routines on Youtube. Dude is a talented comedian, he can make you laugh at things you probably shouldn't be.

His telling of the story about the girl he hooked up with was comedy gold. I am kinda mad at myself for not noticing him sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back