Looks Like TNA Will Stay on Destination America Past September

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
SubolAt.png

This gives me hope, but I would love to see DA's official announcement first (Would there even be an announcement since they originally signed a contract through 2017?). But if this is true..

Meltzer will probably spin this and say destination america gives TNA and roh till December and then they will both be off the air by January :lmao:

How do you guys feel about this?

Hahahaha I love it! This is a big "fuck you" to all the guys that take Meltzer and his copycats' words as the holy gospel. Some of us were telling our fellow fans that it's most likely false, but they were like, "oh, if it's false, why don't TNA and DA issue an official statement?" :lmao: Meltzer's big proof was an e-mail that he probably sent to himself... yet the majority of fans that commented, totally bought that shit.
Great to see that TNA will still be alive in America come October, because obviously that's the most important market. Hopefully they don't make more silly mistakes that they do every time they start progressing, which brings them back to square one.

SubolAt.png

This gives me hope, but I would love to see DA's official announcement first (Would there even be an announcement since they originally signed a contract through 2017?). But if this is true..

Meltzer will probably spin this and say destination america gives TNA and roh till December and then they will both be off the air by January :lmao:

How do you guys feel about this?

Dave Meltzer already gave himself a safety net if he turns out to be wrong:

It’s said that TNA could stay on the network and just take a lower money deal,

- Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Sept. 9th 2015

Doesn't mean much.

We don't know how long this schedule has been on the website for. Could've been done months ago, prior to these troubles happening.

Means nothing. Just that your cable provider has scheduled details ahead of the curve (or whatever provider that information came from). We'll know for sure when an actual statement is made by either TNA or Destination America.

Just so we're clear here:

IDR, a reasonable TNA fan, said it means nothing.

Zeven_Zion, considered an Impact Zealot by many, says it means nothing.

So of course leave it to Smark Madden, the same guy who will tell you a swastika doesn't mean anything hurtful, to believe Chrome, who I'm pretty sure will post just about anything that comes from another source.

This means nothing. This doesn't discredit Meltzer's report, and the only way we're going to get finality is when DA does make a statement. TNA won't make that statement unless they have to, or they get another deal.

Just so we're clear here:

IDR, a reasonable TNA fan, said it means nothing.

Zeven_Zion, considered an Impact Zealot by many, says it means nothing.

So of course leave it to Smark Madden, the same guy who will tell you a swastika doesn't mean anything hurtful, to believe Chrome, who I'm pretty sure will post just about anything that comes from another source.

This means nothing. This doesn't discredit Meltzer's report, and the only way we're going to get finality is when DA does make a statement. TNA won't make that statement unless they have to, or they get another deal.

Or we're still seeing IMPACT airing after the reported cancellation point (which I believe is next weeks' episode). Could be an indication they took less money as Metlzer also reported, or that his report is wrong, or a few other potential explanations.

But as of right now, I'm operating under the presumption that next weeks' episode is the final episode until I see definitive proof otherwise.

The main page has an update on this:

Despite the October 7th show being a new episode, TNA has no TV tapings scheduled between now and then, so the broadcast will have to be comprised of either matches taped prior to today, or during the 5 live events TNA has scheduled between now and Bound for Glory. The last set of TNA TV tapings took place in July.

Latest reports are also noting TNA has been negotiating overseas, and could potentially be holding TV tapings sometime in November in India. No word on whether or not those possible tapings will be for Destination America, or so that TNA can honor its international deals.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/619...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

--

So basically, unless the five live events are taped, whatever is airing for October 7th, which would be post Bound For Glory, would probably be some kind of highlight show or mish-mash of content they already taped.

For all we know they gave TNA an extension to conver BFG and say goodbye on their next episode of Impact

Until we get an official confirmation that the show will go on, to me they are cancelled

How does this disprove Meltzer? I'm confused. He's just a messenger.

Meltzer said he was emailed the cancellation memo. But before he decided post his story, he emailed Dixie a few times to verify it, which obviously she never replied. Then when he found another source he decided to run the story. They had literally _months_ to counter his report and explain what they really have planned and they didn't. If his reports were false why isn't backstage morale better & why don't they have anything to say to their employees?

Over the summer, I found the reports to be true. People were leaving, officials have left talent in the dark on the status of the company for months, many talents left the company, Dixie has obvious beef with Destination America executives in email & social media; She literally replied with a smiley face to a tweet from a fan calling Destination America a "s*** network". They pulled TNA programming from international markets, & they still have no idea when & where they're going to tape next. All of these things add up to TNA & DA parting ways. Somebody tell me how Destination America will still air TNA after all of this I mentioned.

I'm not saying it's a done deal though, it just doesn't look as though they will still do business together. Yes, TNA is technically still not cancelled. DA can't cancel until allegedly later this month. DA still might change their minds by chance, but that doesn't mean Meltzer was wrong. For all we know, Dixie could have spent 5 months licking Etkind's boots to get him to change his mind. "Uup, TNA in't cancelled afterall, LOL Meltzer, he's wrong! :lmao:" No. I don't even know where to begin with this.

Unless its been made official by DA, I'm not making a big fuss over the speculation. I try to be a glass half full kinda guy, but I'm also a realist and believe in the facts. If there has been no statement by DA, everything else is hearsay. This next episode may be the last.

That doesn't mean much, the schedule can change on a dime.. They're only staying on DA if they announce it... I still think BFG might be their last show.

Dave Meltzer already gave himself a safety net if he turns out to be wrong:

It’s said that TNA could stay on the network and just take a lower money deal,

- Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Sept. 9th 2015

That's shows though that it is speculation on his part, not fact. He is saying what they might do - hell, any of us could do that. If you don't have any facts to report, then you report nothing as there is nothing new. That's the problem i have with Meltzer - lots of his stuff comes across this way. It makes me question how much of what he reports is fact and how much of it is him just reporting a possibility and if it doesn't work out, the company just changed their mind.

With this, I hope they are staying on DA but we won't know for sure for a few weeks. These sorts of things are prepared in advance and not updated so you can't totally buy into them - I saw a TNA ad on Spike months after they left the channel and my receiver still says JBL and Cole do Smackdown so seeing isn't always believing.

Would be nice if they could get a TV deal with a channel that people actually get. We get over 400 channels with our cable and not one of them is Destination America.

I have no idea how many Canadians watched Impact when it was on Spike, but none of them are watching now. Shame there were times I used to turn it on just to get the bad taste of the WWE out of my mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back