• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looks like (at WM 30) Cesaro will be facing....

OYDK

King Of The Ring
Jack Swagger.

Based on what happened last night, with Swagger costing Cesaro the match and Cesaro getting all hot about it, it looks like these two are on a collision course for Wrestlemania.

Now I don't mind this match at all, because persoanlly I like Cesaro and Swagger a lot and this match can be beneficial to both of them.

The thing that would put that match over the top, would be the IC Championship. I mean, it loooks like Big. E has nothing going on for Mania (which is stupid considering he is the IC Champ) and these two can get a lot of momentum for their match with Cesaro turning face and Swagger winning the title.

So with that being said, would you like to see Cesaro vs Swagger at Mania? And if so how would you book it from here on out?

Before we go jumping the gun... we need to realize that WWE only has 8-9 matches at WrestleMania (or at least, what's what their ideal size card is)... we've seen 10-11 match cards but for the most part, but and especially recently they've kept it at 9, including the pre-show.

We already have

Batista vs. Orton
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

We are most likely going to get

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H (or some sort of Triple H match if they insert Bryan into the title match)
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

Those are your top 4 matches right there, then you have guys like The Shield, Sheamus, Del Rio, maybe Christian/Mysterio... they all need matches. They're probably going to have a tag-title match too so that's 5 matches right there.

They're definitely building up to something between Cesaro vs. Swagger but I wouldn't be surprised at all, if:

1. They drag it out a bit.
2. They actually end up resolving their problems and challenge for the tag-titles, then something happens later down the road.
3. It happens on a RAW or something.

I like Cesaro, and I don't hate Swagger... a match between them would be solid, but there are people on the roster that would be given a 'Mania spot before them.

I like Cesaro, and I don't hate Swagger...

That's how I feel about them, too.....and, after all, it's not what we fans see in having them fight it out, it's what WWE management wants. Plainly, a feud is brewing, built on the basis of Swagger's "accidental" interference last night. It was interesting how Cesaro wound up patting Swagger on the shoulder after it looked as if they might have it out right then and there. This usually is indicative of a program instead of a quick resolution. Five weeks seems enough time to bring it to a boil.....and as I said, if management wants it on the big card, that's where it will wind up.

....a match between them would be solid, but there are people on the roster that would be given a 'Mania spot before them.

It would be solid; if there's going to be a mid-card WM match that doesn't possess much significance for storyline purposes, this one would be acceptable. Both are terrific ring workers; neither possesses much in the way of personality, so this match would need to get by on technical excellence, of which both of them are capable.

We can see that Cesaro is starting a nice push. So far, it amounts to a bad guy being cheered, which creates a nice turn for a storyline; you never know in which direction it will be taken. But the fact the company has given Swagger a couple wins lately also indicates this isn't just meant as a vehicle to launch Cesaro's singles push.....may be there's something in it for Jack, too.

This match might turn out more interesting than I originally thought, especially if they create a solid case for acrimony between the two. Plus, Zeb Colter's dilemma in choosing between them will be tested, which is a new direction for him.

Keep it going.

Cesaro deserves and needs a PUSH, but I think his rise and been meteoric and outpaced what the WWE had planned for him initially. Which is still a good thing. Cesaro v. Cena will go down as one of the best matches of the year easily.

This match needs to happen. Cesaro deserves the push. Swagger, may not, but he will be overshadowed by Cesaro as long as they are a tag team. It's a win-win for both wrestlers. Maybe Swagger can win the IC title and they can go from there.

I like Swagger, I like Cesaro and I'd like to see that match. But at WrestleMania? Maybe as the pre-show match. It'll have to be one long big swing to gain any sort of interest or reaction on that card. Least us not forget, Swagger isn't over and Cesaro is still an opening match act at best in WWE.

Cesaro and Swagger are both fantastic wreslters. I've loved their work together and Zeb has been fantastic. A match, however, at Wrestlemania isn't necessary. There are a lot of names on the roster and I'm not sure they can justify them having a singles match at the biggest show of the year.

It could be significant that these two are working with Big E. He has seemingly nothing to do and is, of course, the IC champ. Maybe these three plus guys like Ziggler, Del Rio, Sandow, Kofi, Christian could work a match for the belt. A battle royal or even a ladder match. Get these guys on the show and let Swagger and Cesaro put on some great matches in the PPV's that follow.

The pre-show will have one hour so there is always the possibility of having two matches instead of one, but would WWE give more than one match for free? Also, I think you're reading way too much into it. That was just a tease, I think that breaking them apart so soon would actually be a mistake. Jack Swagger isn't dragging Cesaro down, they could easily be Zeb Colter's clients and have different roles on the card. However I think that Cesaro's face turn is evident and will happen at the cost of Colter and Swagger.

I think that Cesaro's route is different. We have to put Big E. in this equation. He got laid out yesterday by The Real Americans and I don't think that the feud is over. I could see Cesaro and Swagger go on to WrestleMania to challenge for the Intercontinental Title and do the break-up right there with Swagger robbing the title to his partner and after match eating a "uppercut" and a Swing for Colter (that would be great!!!). Their feud will most likely happen after WrestleMania. If they don't even want to give them a feud, they will just break them up like nothing really. They are not anything more than midcarders at the most. The creative team has their hands full I'm sure.

I think these two will both end up in a multi-man match for the IC title and that an actual split and singles match will happen after Mania, they might throw in a ladder as suggested above to give it a bit of extra help with the crowd.

Before we go jumping the gun... we need to realize that WWE only has 8-9 matches at WrestleMania (or at least, what's what their ideal size card is)... we've seen 10-11 match cards but for the most part, but and especially recently they've kept it at 9, including the pre-show.

We already have

Batista vs. Orton
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

We are most likely going to get

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H (or some sort of Triple H match if they insert Bryan into the title match)
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

Those are your top 4 matches right there, then you have guys like The Shield, Sheamus, Del Rio, maybe Christian/Mysterio... they all need matches. They're probably going to have a tag-title match too so that's 5 matches right there.

They're definitely building up to something between Cesaro vs. Swagger but I wouldn't be surprised at all, if:

1. They drag it out a bit.
2. They actually end up resolving their problems and challenge for the tag-titles, then something happens later down the road.
3. It happens on a RAW or something.

I like Cesaro, and I don't hate Swagger... a match between them would be solid, but there are people on the roster that would be given a 'Mania spot before them.

The match would be good but I'd hate it to be overshadowed by the multi main events. It's better off on a PPV like Payback, maybe Extreme Rules depending on which part timers are still around.

I'd love to see them face Usos, Rhodes Bros, NAO in a tag team title match at WM just to get more people on the big show and keep NAO from having to carried in the match

I still think the IC-US titles will be unified in a multi man match at Wrestlemania 30, I would have Cesaro come out on top woth th Intercontinental Championship. With Bray Wyatt vs John Cena in the works, Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose looking a major possiblity, getting the belt off Ambrose in the next five weeks wouldnt be a stretch, and guys like Cesaro, Swagger, Big E, The Miz, Ziggler, Christian, Del Rio etc would have a match on the main card. Ambrose dropping the title by accidental interference from Reigns or Rollins would further there dissenssion also.

My 3 guesses are as follows, in order of likeliness imo...

1. Big E

I think they're going to give Cesaro a big moment at Mania, by giving him the IC Title. They know the fans are behind him 100% and will want to give him them something to cheer about pertaining to him. I can see Swagger and Zeb turning on Cesaro directly after his IC Title win, to officially turn him face. Then they feud at Extreme Rules and Payback.

2. Swagger

Since they've already planted the seed of a Real Americans split, maybe it does happen at Mania. I believe Cesaro deserves a bigger match than this, with Swagger not posing any believable threat. But it's still a logical match to have.

3. In a Triple Threat or Fatal 4-way for the Tag Team Title

The Real Americans could have their final match together at WM30. They could be planning on turning Swagger against Cesaro after a loss for the tag belts against the Outlaws, Usos, and possibly another team (the Brotherhood or Rowan & Harper).

Again, I think Cesaro is in line for an IC Title run, but if they have even bigger plans for him (like a MITB win), then I could be 100 percent wrong.

Cesaro VS Swagger makes more sense at the moment than most other match scenarios for Antonio. The tension has been growing between the Real Americans lately with Swagger seeming more jealous of Cesaro while Zeb tries to keep them working together. The tension is likely going to continue to grow, resulting in a match at Wrestlemania. I do not want that team to split up just yet but if they are going to then this is one of the better ways to go about it. Cesaro would almost certainly emerge as the winner of the match. He has more potential going forward than Swagger does. After his incident last year that took place during a World Heavyweight Championship push I doubt he will ever have another world title run, they need to be able to trust the wrestlers that they push. I'd rather see them in a match for the Tag Team Championship personally, but am fine with Cesaro VS Swagger if it happens.

I don't see Swagger even competing at WM30 unless it's by Cesaro's side for the tag titles, a big multi-man match for a mid-card title(IC most likely) or if by some miracle he somehow manages to get the US/IC title on the Raws/SDs beforehand. I like Swagger but there are bigger stars out for singles match that atm aren't on the WM card yet. Simply put I don't think he has enough star power to get on the card by himself, especially at a anniversary WM like this one where they should be pulling out all the stops.

In short Cesaro vs Swagger isn't big enough of a match to be on the WM30 card

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back