Looking Back On 2014 and Looking Ahead Into 2015

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
It's that time of the year again, where people reflect on the past several months while looking ahead into what the future may hold. A common practice at the first of the new year is to create a New Year's Resolution. It can be an idea of self-improvement and/or some type of goal for something you would like to happen this year such as trying to lose weight, traveling more, or finding a better job. I typically do not make New Year's Resolutions myself, but since it is a rather common practice each January 1st then I would like to provide this topic as a chance to share these resolutions and goals if you have any you'd like to talk about. As an added bonus, this can also be a chance to share a retrospective look on what 2014 was like in your life.

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions or goals for 2015? What would you like to see happen to improve your life this year? Any particular reasons why? What are some ways you can go about making these goals a reality?

Let's take a moment to look back on 2014. Are there any stories of memorable moments from this year that you would like to share? Was it a good year or a bad year?

Any on-topic response within our forum rules for either or both of these questions are welcome. Happy New Year, everyone!

Discuss! :)

I don't do New Year's Resolutions. If I'm going to do something, the fact that it's January 1 shouldn't make a difference. The fact that I keep putting it off again and again until the start of a new year suggests that I have no real interest or desire in doing something and I'm likely going to burn out in no time. I'll be getting on the treadmill more this year, but because I want to get in better shape and lose some weight, not because it's a new year.

As for 2014, it's going to be a hard year to top. UK went to the national title game, I went to New Orleans for Wrestlemania weekend and I got Becca to agree to marry me while we were at Platform 9 3/4 in London. That's a hard year to beat.

As far as New Year's Resolutions go, I'm with KB and Dagger, because I honestly don't see the point in waiting around until January 1st of every to set a goal or make any changes.

For now, staying the course with cutting down on too much junk food is still at the top of my list, because I can actually wear a size 36 for the first time in years. Nothing major happened in 2014, but I put myself in a position, where I can save money again, so I don't have anything to complain about.

I agree with y'all. Date or new year shouldn't matter if you want to do something.

Having said that, 2014 was a mixed bag for me. Appraisal at job, and buying a new house to declining health of parents, it was that kind of in the middle. 2015 promises more as a promotion seems possible this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back