Long Term Plan for Sheamus?

kadroan

King Of The Ring
Sheamus cashed in his MITB Briefcase at Survivor Series and aligned with The Authority which should have made him the top heel. Unfortunately, like with Orton and Rollins, they were overshadowed by The Authority, even worse for Sheamus since Vince has gotten involved. So Sheamus loses his title on RAW a few weeks ago and now he's back out of the title picture. Recently on Smackdown he's tagging with Kevin Owens who is the IC Champion against Neville and Ambrose - IC title competitors. Is it possible Sheamus may be moving back to the IC title picture like he was this summer? Or do the WWE don't know what they're going to do with Sheamus? Thoughts?

Sheamus wasn't just overshadowed to the Authority. Unlike Orton and Rollins, he is just boring and has little to offer when it comes to personality. Rollins and Orton at least had/have that, more than Sheamus anyway. Simply aligning a not-so-charming wrestler with The Authority never means that the said wrestler is automatically going to become a top heel, face, or top anything. We've already seen that when Curtis Axel was aligned with Paul Heyman, haven't we ? And in the first place, anyone with the potential to be the "top heel" of their time/brand/era (Punk, Jericho, Edge, and now Kevin Owens), never really needs such an alignment. Kevin Owens is the best exemplar of that. So in his case, being with The Authority actually saved Sheamus, lest people should have begun throwing eggs in the ring after 3 weeks of having heard him say "5.15" .

The long-term plan was never about Sheamus. Only Roman Reigns. He just happened to be there during an injury-depleted roster, with a MITB briefcase as well. The WWE, thanks to the ever-declining ratings and a stagnant as fuck product, decided to bring in Vince, and lo and behold, things seem better now! We don't even have to watch another Roman Reigns and Sheamus match at the Royal Rumble now.

I had recently been stuck in the "sheamus sucks" mindset throughout december, so I totally failed to derive any fun out of his in-ring performance, which is pretty solid IMO. It's only as a laughing Irishman repeating "5.15" that he's boring as fuck. I sort of prefer him when he gets intense, like against Dean Ambrose on Raw, near the apron when he threw Dean onto the announce table? And watching that match made me realize how good a wrestler Sheamus is, and how effective, as an intense/furious Irishman. It helped me get out of the "Sheamus sucks so avoid all his matches" trap!

I still think he never was or came across to me as a legitimate maineventer, just like Alberto Del Rio. I'm not sure he ever will. We don't quite know if the WWE will push him in the mainevents again. That only means we'll see him competing in the upper-midcard, or at times floundering in obscure waters. It's not a bad thing. Even Randy Orton has been going through that, though Randy is on a totally different level as a wrestler, performer, and persona.

Sheamus is not a bad talent by any means. He's very well rounded in the ring and consistently puts on some of the better matches of the week, he's pretty entertaining on the stick, he really doesn't lack in any one area. However, for whatever reason, he doesn't connect well enough with the audience to be a World Champion. Really, he never has. People just do not buy him, or want to see him in that role.

Sheamus strikes me as the type of guy that greatly overachieved in his career. He's a 4 time World Champion, former Royal Rumble and KOTR winner, and former Mr. MITB, but to me it seemed like he was never viewed as somebody who belonged in the main event by the crowd. Perhaps that has to do with his almost immediate capture of the WWE title upon his debut, or the handling of his booking over the years, but for whatever reason, the fans never took to Sheamus like they should have.

If I had to guess, I'd say his last reign as WWEWHC was his final one. WWE gave him the MITB with the hopes that they'd be able to build him into a cemented main eventer by the time he cashed in. Of course, that didn't work. When Rollins went down and WWE decided they needed a new heel for Reigns to play off of, Sheamus was in the perfect spot, and as a result, he became the champion. It was an obviously transitional reign and it seemed like it was taken off of him even sooner than expected. I completely expect him to drop to the mid-card where he'll spend the majority of his days, which I think is a good spot for him.

Sheamus is the type of guy who works well anywhere on the card. He can be a main eventer, a midcarder, or a tag team guy. Personally I'd take him over Roman Reigns any day of the week. But Vince has his heart set on Roman Reigns and ONLY Roman Reigns being a star, so everyone else, with the exception of Brock Lesnar, is made to look incompetent and irrelevant next to the all-powerful Roman Reigns. And Lesnar is only immune because Vince wants to continue building him as invincible so that it becomes even more "impressive" when Roman Reigns inevitably defeats him with ease.

Well, Sheamus was just a filler Champion and MITB Holder. So i dont see him getting again in main event in future.
Yeah, He is a pretty good brawler. I really liked to see him before his return after injury. After his return and that too as a heel, He really looks Stupid. I have no problem with him being in mid-card or tag division. But i dont see any long term plan for him in the future.
:devil:

I've personally always preferred Sheamus as a badass Face. A brawler à la Lesnar.

He's more or less a victim of bad booking. Although he achieved a lot throughout his career, he was never booked in the way he should have. Therefore the championships and KOTR & MITB didn't really matter.

As for your question, I don't think they have anything in mind for him at the moment. All the focus has shifted to Reigns vs the Authority.

I'm completely against anyone who complaints Sheamus is boring in the ring. He hasn't been utilised well to be honest. Like that said, he is a natural heel with his gestures and Irish accent and looks and more with his brutal movesets. You can't see someone in this era as dominating and hard hitting in the ring as Sheamus. Mind you, don't count Brock Lesnar or Kevin Owens because they're wrestlers of different kind.

He was garnishing a lot of heat from the crowd after aligning with the Authority but unfortunately he was overshadowed by the beatings Roman given to Triple H And the feud between Vince and Roman that followed. Now he's on downside yet again. But I reckon I see him more well into the tag division with Barrett rather than IC or US title. WWE should keep the League of Nations stable for a while at least.

PS. If WWE has any plans of League of Nations vs Social Outcasts, well then, bugger them all!

Im on the wagon of Sheamus appreciation. The guys is good in the ring, very good, hell is way better than a LOT of the main roster.

Sheamus was the last guy to made Big Show had a great match when they were feuding 2 years a go i think, they had 2 great matches on ppv back to back.

The only problem with Sheamus is that they dont book him as they should. Believe me, i love Kevin Owens but im afraid that creative team is leading him on the same path as Sheamus.

Hell, even Daniel Bryan said that Sheamus gave him the best matches in his WWE career.

To the point, Sheamus is a victim of bad booking, the tools are there, but the creative team insist on booking him as a stupid funny face or a idiotic non-dominant heel.

Sheamus is a good in-ring worker, convincing heel. This guy draws heat from his look alone. Sheamus was a product of bad booking leading up to his cash in last year when he should've been doing more. Sheamus doesn't get the credit he deserves as a heel because there's so many trying to convince themselves that Owens has been a better heel, the whole him and Triple H being workout buddies bias and how he was booked once he arrived on Raw.

I'm not sure if Wade Barrett's absence has effected the plans of LON but I can see them continued to being involved with the Authority until this whole thing blows over after WM.

I had recently been stuck in the "sheamus sucks" mindset throughout december, so I totally failed to derive any fun out of his in-ring performance, which is pretty solid IMO.

He's always been solid in the ring....and in the weeks before his last return from injury, we had been reading rumors regarding a title run in store for him. Once he actually got back, the manner in which he was booked suggested that plan had been abandoned, and we had to wonder whether it was ever actually scheduled.

The thing is, if a bad guy is to become champion today, he has to be tightly allied with the Authority, which has already grown tiresome. True to that, since a transitional champion was needed to bring us from an injured Seth Rollins to Roman Reigns, Sheamus became a pawn of the Authority, which made little sense, don't you think?

Where did it come from? Before they started booking him weakly, Sheamus had always been independent and self-reliant; either as a heel or face, he didn't need anybody to run interference for him. Now, out of the clear blue, he's shaking hands with Triple H?

Okay, so he filled his purpose as champion. From now until the next time Creative thinks of something significant for him to do, I can see him going back to being booked like Mark Henry or Big Show; dangerous at the start of a match but bound to take it on the chin by the end.

I think he deserves more than that, but hey, it's still a living.

He deserved better after winning the briefcase, especially if the plan was for him to steal the title from Reigns all along.

Instead of steam rolling Orton, they went .500. Instead of forming a dominant tag team with Barrett, they're putting over the Lucha Dragons (who had barely been on TV during the fall). He loses to Finn Balor, which only us in the vocal minority would see and dislike.

It's this weird heat is heat mentality. Sheamus losing and being the undeserving champion draws heat from the casuals and disdain from those who know there are better and more captivating ways to draw heat.

I hope there's a plan in place for this League of Nations. I never really saw the Irishman as being a fit for the "I hate the USA" bandwagon. I'd love to see them in suits and acting as if they're actually delegates of their respective homelands. Some kind of heel model UN that uses bureaucracy to interfere in matches and such, could go somewhere.

They need to lean on guys like Sheamus now more than ever. They should have him make a statement in the lead up to Mania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back