live vs TV

stingerlegends

Occasional Pre-Show
I was thinking about the Smackdown/ECW tapings I was at live in San Jose before Benoit died, and then watched it air that Thursday (it was still on Thurs nights then I think), and I was thinking.....

Are there wrestlers you have seen live that seem more interesting to watch live or on tv?

I have always found Matt Hardy to be somewhat bland on TV, but live, he had the most interesting match to follow that night. When I watched it later on tv, it was very bland and several other matches seemed better, but they didn't grab me much while at the tapings.

Lashley had an amazing presence at that one too, especially crashing through the cage!!

But on TV, he was just okay.

your thoughts?

I went to london 02 smackdown house show be4 if that counts.best match of the nite was the first match and that was carlito vs the brain kendrick.and one wrestler got every out there seats and that was the undertaker coming to the ring so biggest pop was him by far.

Well Men, Despite Maybe You Don't Believe Me, Wwe Made A House Show In My Home Country, Dominican Republic, Exactly On June 30, 2006, Was The Latin American Tour Of The Summer, And Men It Looks Well Damn Better, Yes Sometimes Some Moves Look Some Kind Of "fake" Not At All, But A Little Bit, More Than On Tv, But The Bottom Line Is That Is Way Better Live Than On Tv, Live! Event Are The Best Thing Wwe And Wrestling Has. That Night The Main Event Was Undertaker Vs. Great Khali And Mark Henry In A 2 On 1 Handicap Match Which Taker Won With A Chokeslam On Henry, He Was So Popped! Including Me, Men I Can Tell You The Noise Was So Loud That I Didn't Hear The Music When He Won!!!!!!!

Whenever they have shows in Pensacola Florida i will volunteer with the CSC to work security(which they let military in for free most of the times but i like to watch them set up the ring and one time Finlay was out there teaching the Major Brothers and Elijah Burke stuff) and i just get lost in the matches for some reason the atmosphere just takes over and someone could literally run by me with a gun and i wouldn't even notice.

I also was at WM24 and from house shows to smackdown to the grand daddy of them all i would rather be in the very last row then sitting in front of the TV. For me its just the atmosphere i mean would you rather watch Kevin Smith's "Clerks" with your grandma or your best friend and would you rather watch wrestling with your best friend or 74000 people who very well could be your best friend.

Triple H. Usually on TV he interests me a little but whenever I've seen him live he draws me in. Whenever his music has hit, you know shit's gonna get crazy. His music does that. It just sounds so much better in an arena, live. He's also been a great performer whenever I've seen him live in person. Last time he was here, he had a street fight with Umaga and that was some crazy shit. He got the loudest pop of the night as well. He's awesome live.

The Undertaker. When you see him on TV and the crowd reaction, sure it seems loud on TV, but live in person, in Sydney, whenever I've seen him here, the cheers and screams have been defeaning and he would draw you in and you wouldn't want to look away. He would command your attention and despite him not looking in the best shape on TV he was pretty good live.

Seeing them live is much better than on TV, even if you are in bad seats.

The excitement live makes it no contest compared to tv, but when you really compare the two something about tv makes it a bit better. Some matches that I've see live I thought were really boring, but when I go home and watch the tape of it, it really wasn't that bad. I don't know if it's because you don't hear commentary live or what, but to some extent I prefer tv.

You prefer tv? Really?! My god, I've been to every single WWE show at the 1st Mariner Arena and the Verizon Center (Bal/DC) and watching a PPV main event on TV isn't even better then watching a Smackdown! dark match. The atmosphere my friends, the atmosphere. It's incredible...actually much like a football game.

I remember at 08's Backlash in Baltimore when HBK "hurt" his knee, no one in the arena had a clue what was going on. Then all of a sudden Superkick, big pop, 1-2-3, it's over! That was so cool

I have two people: Chavo Guerrero and The Fallen Angel Christpher Daniels. I think Chavo is great on tv as a wrestler and an entertainer, but he just blew me away at a Smackdown/ECW tv taping. You really get pulled into his character and his entergy. As for Christopher Daniels, I had never really paid attention to his TNA matches and never listened to his promos. Then I saw him at an independent show (cwaprowrestling.com) wrestling one of the locals. He is an amazing wrestler in person. The fans were even on his side and he was enjoying it, but then realized he was supposed to be a heel and responded, "Shut up! I don't need your assistance," which has become one of my catchphrases. I have been a fan every since.

I'd rather go to a house show any day of the week instead of a Live RAW episode. Who wants to sit through 2-3 hours of backstage and in-ring promos plus commercials. I went to a RAW house in 2005 and that was better than anything on tv. If you ever get the chance, take the live show, preferably a house show. It's all balls to the wall with no tv restrictions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back