• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lillian Garcia in Stable Condition After Being Struck by Car

Steve-O-Matt

Pre-Show Stalwart
642_Lilian_Garcia.jpg

"SmackDown announcer Lilian Garcia is in stable condition at a Los Angeles hospital after being struck by a car on Friday afternoon.

Garcia suffered multiple contusions and lacerations on the left side of her body, but she is expected to make a full recovery. Doctors have immobilized Garcia's neck and will be keeping her hospitalized overnight to monitor her.

Check back with WWE.com for updates on this developing story."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard about this, this morning. My first reaction was that a petite woman, struck by a car would be a horrible thing if you think about it. But according to this she is expected to make a full recovery, thankfully.

I find it strange how it's actually quite common that wrestling personalities have been having trouble with cars; being in accidents, being involved in DUIs, why do you think this is?

It's life dude. Shit happens. I don't think we could make a correlation with wrestling personalities in car accidents.

If there was one factor my GUESS would be fatigue. Wrestling has always been a 24/7 365-day job. There are literally no days off for many of the talent, workers, etc. (Judging by the bags under CM Punk's eyes, a lot of sleepless nights)

Again, we don't know who is at fault here, nor do we know the full story. Best not to make judgements until all the facts are out. Prayers to Lillian Garcia for a quick recovery.

They spend a much higher percentage of their lives and time on the road, or in the air, i suppose.. at least a higher percentage than your average person. These things simply happen, it's a mere small statistic considering how much wwe atheletes/crew spend on the road daily.

642_Lilian_Garcia.jpg

"SmackDown announcer Lilian Garcia is in stable condition at a Los Angeles hospital after being struck by a car on Friday afternoon.

Garcia suffered multiple contusions and lacerations on the left side of her body, but she is expected to make a full recovery. Doctors have immobilized Garcia's neck and will be keeping her hospitalized overnight to monitor her.

Check back with WWE.com for updates on this developing story."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard about this, this morning. My first reaction was that a petite woman, struck by a car would be a horrible thing if you think about it. But according to this she is expected to make a full recovery, thankfully.

I find it strange how it's actually quite common that wrestling personalities have been having trouble with cars; being in accidents, being involved in DUIs, why do you think this is?

First off, thoughts go out to Lillian.

but the answer is simple as others said, they spend alot of time travelling to get to places unless ofcourse it's in there contract to get spcial travel conditions like being flown around the country, but still you'd suffer jet lag. + the countless hours spent in they gym (if they do that) the time spent researching or training or working out matches and the post show buzz that would keep you up for hours, no different then someone who is an actor or is on stageshows etc.

Fatigue would play a big role + drink or drugs no doubt, and add to that being constantly on the road increases the chances of someone else hitting you, not necessarily you causing the accident.

First, I'm glad to see Lillian wasn't seriously injured. And besides a few mess ups here & there she has been a gem to the WWE. And while some of us may get a kick out of calling her horse face or looking up her goofs on YouTube, she is an asset to the WWE & has been a great ring announcer over the years.

As for the reason WWE Superstars get in accidents so often & get DUI's, simple, they drive & travel ALOT!

WWE superstars travel alot & are constantly renting cars, carpooling, etc. Not to mention the fatigue on their minds & bodies from performing. Only guys like Punk & Big Show have personal RV's. Not to mention Lillian got hit in LA, not exactly a calm driving climate. As for DUI's, several performers have noted the "nature of the wrestling buisness" and many seem to suffer from an affliction to alchohol. And with so much traveling, the two the just don't mix well.

WWE is really beating a dead horse these days.

Oh nevermind her face will recover. Note this is not to mock her but to mock HHH and Vince's ridiculous "ribs." I know this is a newsflash to you youngsters but you can get hit by a car for no particular reason other than wrong place at wrong time. Wild speculation on the cause is an odd direction to take this thread. Maybe you should just put those thoughts out to pasture.

DUIs just from traveling a lot? Are you kidding me?

Glad to see Lillian was not badly hurt. I am not meaning to sound like a smart ass or anything, but more involvement in DUIs would probably be caused by drinking and driving. Partying after the show maybe and then driving to the next town. As far as the other accidents behind the wheel fatigue would definitely play a factor and just the fact of being on the road a lot more than the average person. The main reason I responded though was just to say that I am glad it was not a worse accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back