• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lifetime Employment

SavageTaker

Everybody Has A Price!
What WWE employees will have lifetime employment with the WWE similar to Gorilla Monsoon had i believe.

I can Think of 3 right of the bat:

The undertaker: He has been loyal to the company.He always tries to do what is best for business and puts over people when he believe they will be an asset to the company in the future(i.e randy orton).Also he would be a great addition to the list of road agents.

Shawn Michaels: Another Loyal man.Regardless of how he was backstage in the 90's,he has cleaned up his act.He too is willing to put over talent when necessary.Could also make be a good road agent.

My last choice is,

Call me crazy but Howard Finkel:He has been loyal since the day he was hired.He was one of the first hired by mcmahon.He has involved himself in dumb but at times funny things(Lilian vs finkel match and him being jericho's sidekick).Also he is one of the longest working employees in the WWE.

So who do you think are guarenteed lifetime employment with the WWE like Gorilla Monsoon?

If I remember correctly, Undertaker plans on working a real estate business after he retires. But if he wanted a job backstage, I'm POSITIVE they'd have something for him.

And if memory also serves right about another thing, there was something out before that HBK would be a major part of the developmental process since he previously chose to do that when he retired before, with his wrestling academy. I wouldn't be surprised to hear after he retires that HBK is the head of a WWE developmental territory like OVW or FCW, but located in the Texas area.

HHH is obviously a lock. No need to explain that one.

Some people say Tommy Dreamer, but I honestly can't see that happening. He's clearly not someone that the WWE values a whole lot.

JBL, unfortunately, could probably find his way into being involved in it somehow, probably when it comes to finances. Some sort of stock representative of some sorts. After all, that's his and his wife's "specialty", right? Why not combine both of your passions?

Edge is a guy that's incredibly sincere and devoted to the business, it seems. The guy seems to really pour his heart and soul into his career and knows how to work around the faults, like when he takes time to heal from a nagging injury before it becomes something serious, but also manages to finish out his current angle before he does such. Copeland is someone that I could see taking up a road agent or trainer job backstage in the future to replace the current guys like Malenko, Steamboat, and Rotunda.

Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler you could sort of count, as I think they're set in their commentator roles until they decide to retire, and if that's the case, I'm sure if they wanted to find another niche in the WWE, they'd try to find something for them. Hell, JR was in charge of signing new talent at one point already and had some great catches in there. I doubt he'd go back to that job, but you never know what other positions might be filled by someone like JR who really knows his stuff.

Jericho as a spokesperson for the WWE in the future? C'mon. That's gold.

No more really come to my mind at the moment.

It could be anyone, depending on if yuor banging one of the Mcmahons(Triple H), made Vince a shitload of money in the past (HBK), or one of the locker room "leaders"(like Undertaker)

It all depends if you get on Vince's good side, I would have said Val Venis upto a few months ago, even if wasnt used much on telelvision, he was well liked backstage and would put anyone over.

Out of the current non-wrestling crop, I would say Howard Finkle(hes been doing it for so long it would be a shock to NOT see him doing his job), JR would be nice but Vince likes to get on his back a lot, so its a matter of if JR wants the job...

Orton I cannot see in a lifelong role, he has been a cock in the past to various backstage officials and wrestlers. Edge is a possiblity, due to him already being in that role for the past 13 years or so.

I heard a rumor once that Val Venis was going to end up with some sort of big executive job when he is done because he has been with they company longer than any wrestler outside of HHH, taker and HBK.

Jaime noble is already an agent, he is probably a lifer.

I also think that the obivious ones will be there forever - HBK, HHH, Dreamer.

I would say Cena. You can see how much he loves the wwe. Even released his album under wwe music. I could see Cena doing PR for wwe in future

I would say Cena. You can see how much he loves the wwe. Even released his album under wwe music. I could see Cena doing PR for wwe in future

100% agreed..if there was a spokesperson representing WWE, it should be John Cena!

Finkel for sure, not only is he 24-0 at WM (hasnt missed one, eat your heart out Undertaker!) he actually created the name for the event..he is the real longest serving non wrestler in this business, and a great announcer at that!

HBK, and trips are obvious locks..Trips will tag Michaels for the ride!

But another name I would consider a lifetime employee: Stone Cold Steve Austin..he might have had issues with his wife, but he was the best just 10 years ago..regardless the countless names that passed him (Rock, Taker,Trips, Bret, Michaels, Mankind...to name a few) and the competition, he stood out the most and deserves this job!

Some are probably locks: Trips, HBK, Cena, Edge...but we also gotta consider some mid or lower card wrestlers who get the chance to be agents (like Noble or Malenko). What about Kung Fu Naki? He's been with WWE forever, has a business degree (I think), and has been very dedicated to the WWE. I would have said Hardcore Holly or Val Venis recently as well, but they were all kicked to the curb...but that doesn't mean they won't get backstage agent jobs in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back