Let us return to Middle Earth.

Kermit

the Frog
[YOUTUBE]G0k3kHtyoqc[/YOUTUBE]​

The new teaser trailer for the upcoming movie, "The Hobbit."

I'm pretty excited for this movie and it's looking like 2012 will provide us with some pretty good flicks. This one will round up the year in December. I have never got around to reading The Hobbit, though I feel like I should have, but what say those of you that has?

Was literally about to start a thread for this when I saw this. Sooooo excited, I love the LOTR trilogy and I don't think I realized just how awesome it is until I watched this trailer and realized ohmylordiwanttoseethismovieRIGHTFUCKINGNOW.

Looks epic as fuck. Going to need to invest in some psilocybin for this one.

It's about fucking time they remade the Hobbit. I would have thought Peter jackson would have been all over this shit years ago. It's a shame that the Silmarillion will probably never be made into a film franchise. Fucking Lord Gothmog would have been amazing to see on the big screen.

It's about fucking time they remade the Hobbit. I would have thought Peter jackson would have been all over this shit years ago. It's a shame that the Silmarillion will probably never be made into a film franchise. Fucking Lord Gothmog would have been amazing to see on the big screen.

He has been. It's taken this long to get to production due to studio issues, getting a director to commit (Jackson originally intended only to produce, but had to deal with a lot bullshit getting directors to stick). This has been in the works for quite a while, there has just been a lot of shit delaying it.

LOTR trilogy might b my favorite group of movies of all time. The people who obsess about Harry Potter got nothing on my LOTR obsession.

Needless to say, this preview made me pitch a tent.

1311947560560.jpg

I'm not a fan of the LOTR trilogy like at all, so it's really no surprise that, even after watching that, I still have zero interest in this movie.

Personally, The Hobbit is my favorite Tolkien novel. LOTR was the epic, the game changer, the revolution in writing, and it's fantastic - but The Hobbit is just so...charming. I can't think of a better word. It's Tolkien at his purest and best in my opinion. So I'm excited for the film, definitely. I hope that it captures everything that The Hobbit is.

Personally I thought it was looking pretty gash until the final minute or so. Yeah, singing elves and shit. Fuck Yeah!

He has been. It's taken this long to get to production due to studio issues, getting a director to commit (Jackson originally intended only to produce, but had to deal with a lot bullshit getting directors to stick). This has been in the works for quite a while, there has just been a lot of shit delaying it.

That's perfectly understandable. I am still waiting for the anouncements of Jurassic Park 4 and Steve Alten's Meg being produced.

Considering The Silmarillion is more of an overview of the history of Middle Earth, it'd be nearly impossible to turn into a film, however I do believe the Tale of Beren and Luthien and The Children of Hurin should be made into a film. Beren and Luthien is in my opinion, the greatest story in Tolkien's works and The Children of Hurin easily has enough material to be made into a film. With no real plot, it'd be impossible to turn the entire Silmarillion into a feature film. The two tales I posted about are my favorite pieces of work by Tolkien though and would be amazing if made into a film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back