• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Less than 20 minutes of wrestling

A lot of promo talk and less wrestling really isn't all that bad. Like some have said already, it was for the purpose of furthering storylines, which is what it's all about in professional wrestling.

All in all, it's sports entertainment, you're there to be entertained. Some might enjoy a great wrestling match, but there's certainly a handful of people that enjoy a great promo as well. This weeks Raw certainly produced some great promos, and a lot of mark out moments (At least for me). So I would definitely be able to live without much wrestling to compensate with great promos.

Seems to me that the biggest issue wasn't necessarily JUST the lack of quality wrestling matches or the lack of any big names coming out to celebrate with us, but mainly that our expectations were higher for a momentous achievement such as 900 episodes. Remember the 10 year anniversary special of Smackdown? At least they celebrated it, made it a party atmosphere. Raw last night just seemed like they didn't really want to be bothered, so they threw a few things together last minute for the sake of saying they tried.

I didn't need the Rock, SCSA or anyone coming back, but damn, give me a little something. Sure it's a free show, but, the WWE doesn't put on free shows out of the kindness of their hearts either. It's to sell tickets and PPV buys, commercials and advertising and when you put on a shit show, people begin to lose faith in your product. One episode like this won't kill them, but they can't afford to let the fans down this way too often.

Again, 900th episode, hyped as a big deal and then falls completely flat on its face when it's time to deliver a momentous show. It's disappointing.

TNA has been bashed in the past for shows that had similar amounts.

I don't bash any show. Count me out of your list.

Yet I don't see much on the boards, or dirt sheets bashing WWE for having hardly any wrestling on their show. Why is this?

To be honest, (and this isn't call 'bashing') the only thing good on TNA is the Motor City Machine Guns. Seriously. I watched TNA a couple of times, and that's the only thing I found interesting.

However, I expected a lot more from this 900th episode. I don't even know why they wasted time on that #1 contenders match, if it barely even got started? This is the first RAW in a LONG time that I got all hyped up for...It feels bad to be let down. I'm not switching to TNA, but WWE better make it up for all of us.

I've always seen Raw as the show for entertainment and wile it didn't live up to my expectation it did what it's always done and that is entertain with promos. Now if less then 20 min of wrestling happened on Smackdown I'd be pissed because Smackdown really focuses on the wrestling aspect of WWE.

If Raw normally isn't about the wrasslin and more about the entertainment/ promos;

1) Why did they need the SD stars to make the memorable promos?
2) Why do they (RAW) have so many guys that lack in mic skills?

I have enjoyed RAW recently but the 'it was perfectly acceptible' and 'the promos were really good' excuses don't sit - it SUCKED as a regular episode and more so for an episode that was such a FRICKIN MILESTONE - I know this was the case because Ole King/ Cole kept telling me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back