• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lesnar returns in the Summer

Mr. Truth

Real American Hero
Brock Lesnar and Dana White were just on ESPN where they announced that Brock is back in training and that CT scans, colonascopies, etc showed that the there are no problems with his stomach. He's officially going to be fighting the winner of Carwin v Mir this Summer (or worst case scenario, winner of Nogueira v Velasquez). I for one am excited since I'm a big fan of Brock. What's everyone's thoughts on his return to the octagon and how it effects the current shape of the HW division?

Awesome.

I'm very pumped about this, as chances are that his first match back is going to be in Boston, which I'm going to make every effort in the world to get tickets for. Dana said he was going to make the first Boston card memorable and stacked since he's from the area, and nothing would be bigger than Brock's first match back in the Octagon. I would love to see Lesnar/Carwin in person, and Lesnar/Mir III would be incredible to see live as well, especially with Mir adding so much muscle because he wants Brock.

Carwin/Mir is for the Interim Heavyweight Title, so Brock's definitely going to fight the winner of that match.

I don't care if the undercard is filled with the likes of Marcus Davis or Phil Baroni. I am so going to be there on August 28th for the UFC's first card in Boston, which should have no problem selling out.

Carwin/Mir is for the Interim Heavyweight Title, so Brock's definitely going to fight the winner of that match.
The worst case scenario I listed was only for if the winner (possibly even the loser, not sure) is unable to fight Brock due to injury. If Lesnar v Carwin/Mir can't happen, then it would be Lesnar v Nogueira/Velasquez.

Ahh my heart was racing while reading the results. I'm so happy. Lesnar is the UFC's biggest draw bar none, and is a great fighter who deserves to be healthy and defend his title. I'm so glad he is coming back, and i'm looking so forward to whoever he fights next. Carwin and Mir are both great opponents, and no matter who he fights it will be great.

On one hand, I am EXTREMELY happy to hear that Brock Lesnar is perfectly fine and will be able to continue his fight career.

But, on the other, as I've mentioned before, I do not like the idea of his first fight being against possibly Frank Mir. As Dana White has said many times, ring rust does exist in MMA. That plus the fact Lesnar will still probably not be fully back to his old self by the time the Summer comes.... I just don't want the guy to have any excuses if Mir beats him. I'd much rather see Lesnar fight some can, or lower-tier fighter, than come back and fight Mir. But, maybe that's just me.

Anyway, again... great to hear he's healthy. Here's hoping he's truly 100% and not making a comeback too soon.

No JMT I completely agree with you. When Brock comes back he will have some rough edges. Putting him right into a fight with Mir or Carwin right away may be bad. Put him against someone smaller, and less talented first. Maybe Kimbo if he wins his next fight. Lesnar can then get a fight on his back, and go into the Mir/Carwin fight 100% ready. Hopefully the UFC realizes this also.

Yeah, I was really happy to hear that Brock is back to training as well, but like JMT previously stated, I do not know how smart it is to throw him into a title match right away, regardless of if he is champion or not. The man is coming off of a serious injury and will more then likely not be ready for a title fight, lets be honest the man is no Randy Couture.

I would love to see him fight any of the four men mentioned so far but I think he should get an easier fight before stepping back up to the big fights. Maybe give Lesnar a fight against Cheick Kongo or Ben Rothwell or even Roy Nelson. None sound all that entertaining but it will give Lesnar a solid test fight before he moves back to the main event and will let the UFC see what kind of ring rust Lesnar is working with. Throwing Lesnar in the ring against either of probably the UFC's best BJJ Heavyweights has mistake written all over it and we have no idea what has happened to his power.

I know the UFC wants their cash cow back in the ring but they need to make sure he is ready first. Best case scenario feed him Cain Velasquez first but, do not feed him to the sharks known as Frank Mir or Antonio Nogueira. They are risking a lot by doing that.

Guess I am glad to see him back as well, would have hated for him to have to retire, or something. But if any of the reports I heard are true, then he has a long road back tofull recovery.

Facing Mir again would be a huge match, but if Brock loses that match, the issue isn't settled for me, because who knows if Brock was actually at 100%. this it seems that a fourth match might be needed, an soon enough it is just ridicolous. So I am not sure about Lesnar fighting Mir first out of the gate, if Mir wins his match, but it is what must be done.

I also am looking foward to the return of Lesnar to the octagon, and would love to see him fight the winner of Carwin/Mir. However I am reluctant to say i want it right off the bat this summer. His sickness has caused him to lose 40 lbs which is more than twice what he normally cuts for a weigh in.

He has a lot of training to do to get back to where he was and I agree whole-heartedly with the rest of you who said a warm up fight would be more beneficial for him and the UFC(not to mention the fans).

As far as Mir goes i have my reservations on him bulking up for Lesnar. That is for another thread, and another time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back