Lesnar - Mir III

Close quarter are in reference to his on the mat skills. Lesnar lost his Mir match because of a mistake, now that is obvious. Fedor on that same mistake would have done the same to Lesnar. But Fedor can find a lot more angles while on the ground with LEsnar, and it would be nothing for him to lock in an armbar.

But Lesnar knows that. Therefore, he's sure to change his gameplan to counter this. He wouldn't try to get Fedor on the mat as much as he did against Mir. He'd just go for that power punch, and then once Fedor is down, pound his head.

If Lesnar went into the fight just going to take him down, he'd stand a much bigger chance of losing.

Maybe he should quit being a pussy, come in, do his business and leave. If he's AS GOOD as everyone is saying he is. I highly doubt it. All hype, no action. Well, if he doesn't want to join the big boys then why play? Goldberg didn't like Vince, but he still came and had a run. Why can't Fedor? I realise this isn't WWE by the way, but I highly doubt Mir thought that busted face was pre-determined either.

Funny, Fedor being a pussy when hes fought people much bigger then Lesnar and won. Competition in the HW division is split between outside the UFC, and inside the UFC. So Fedor is being no pussy by fighting foes above Brock, you know foes with more then FIVE fights, outside of the UFC. And why sign away his soul basically when he makes more money outside of the UFC, and is allowed to compete in Sambo competitions? The UFC wouldn't allow him to compete in his countries national sport, which is very important to him. Point is, Fedor has nothing to prove. He beat the best of the best of the HW in their prime. And will now take on one of the few quality HW's left in the division in Barnett next month.

Of course Lesnar would want to keep it erect. But Fedor has the ability to go in there, maybe get a few shots to the back against, but take Lesnar down. This all comes down to what will happen. Lesnar at some point will be put to the ground, gravity on 280 pounds will do that to you. And when that moment happens, the opening is cracked and those holes will be exploited over and over again until Lesnar can take no more and submits.

They may have been bigger, but doesn't mean they're better than Lesnar. Obviously size has a significant advantage, but you need to know what you're doing. Lesnar knows, and most probably better than the fighters Fedor has faced.

And he doesn't have to sign his life away. He can sign up for what, 3 - 5 fights? Surely, if he's a big enough name, he would be able to persuade Dana to let him compete in his national competition. If he's really worth it, that is.

Of course Lesnar would want to keep it erect. But Fedor has the ability to go in there, maybe get a few shots to the back against, but take Lesnar down. This all comes down to what will happen. Lesnar at some point will be put to the ground, gravity on 280 pounds will do that to you. And when that moment happens, the opening is cracked and those holes will be exploited over and over again until Lesnar can take no more and submits.

Lol, erect.

What makes you think Lesnar wouldn't be able to defend himself? Right now, he's not the best at defending submissions. That's a fact. However, with training he can improve. He's got access to the best trainers in MMA. Don't you think he has the means to improve his defense? Fedor's speed will make it much harder for Lesnar, but it's not impossible.

They may have been bigger, but doesn't mean they're better than Lesnar. Obviously size has a significant advantage, but you need to know what you're doing. Lesnar knows, and most probably better than the fighters Fedor has faced.

And he doesn't have to sign his life away. He can sign up for what, 3 - 5 fights? Surely, if he's a big enough name, he would be able to persuade Dana to let him compete in his national competition. If he's really worth it, that is.

Lesnar knows how to wrestle, that's it. I have yet to see any hints of a jiu jitsu game or notable striking ability in his almighty 5 fights. Can he be better then the heavy opponents Fedor faced? Sure, in time, but this won't be Fedor's first experience against someone similar to Lesnar, unlike most other Heavyweights.

3-5 fights? That's signing his life away. Are you aware most UFC fighters only fight 2-3 times a year? 5 fights would take around two years to finish his contract. And no Dana will not let him, hes made that clear. Why should Dana let him? If he gets hurt in a Sambo competition, he can't make it to a fight. Thus costing Dana and the UFC.

He can of course train it up if he wanted, but he would probably have to drop some of that muscle mass to be able to improve his flex. compacted muscle mass like that will limit your ability to move, and Fedor shows that. He is not a huge guy by any means, looking at it from a muscled side. That is because Judo requires you to be flexible. Lesnar will have to choose power or flex.

boner.

He'd stick with the weight he's at now. He's comfortable with that, and is perfectly happy to fight at that weight. Lesnar's flex isn't terrible, and it's enough to deal with Fedor. Lesnar relies on power, and power is what's gonna win him this fight, if it were ever to happen.

That was a fail.

And as I have said, Lesnar's one trick pony named power is not everything. It will only get you so far, and that far is UFC's lacking Heavyweight Division. and because of the UFC's guarded stance on their fighters, LEsnar will be able to stay at the top using his power against lower skilled fighters.

Lesnar will kill UFC's HWD. Their fighters and their ability to showcase a non predictable match.

First off, on the original question.... if Mir can win his next two fights in impressive fashion against tough opponents, and Brock Lesnar is still champion by the time he does that.... of course they'll be a third match. But it won't be for AT LEAST another year and a half.

But people need not to forget about Randy Couture. Without that punch Lesnar hits, Couture has Lesnar beat, easily, in their first match. Couture was able to stop some takedowns, and wear Lesnar down by putting him up against the cage. He even cut Lesnar. If Couture defeats Nog and him and Lesnar fight again... don't count Randy out. The man is not human.

As far as the Fedor discussion goes... first of all, you can't look past Josh Barnett. Barnett is by far and large Fedor's toughest opponent since 2005, so before we talk about Fedor deserving a shot at the UFC Title, we must take into consideration that he has a very tough opponent ahead of him in just a couple of weeks. However, assuming Fedor does defeat Barnett... then yes, of course I would love to see him in the UFC and of course I would like his first opponent to be against Brock Lesnar for a shot at the title. Do I think Fedor would stand a chance? You're fucking right I do. If Lesnar stood up with Fedor, he'd get destroyed like Tim Sylvia did (Mir kicked Lesnar's ass standing up last night). And don't expect Lesnar to be able to control Fedor on the ground like he did Mir. Now, I'm not saying Fedor would win... I really don't know. But for anyone who thinks it would be a cake walk for Lesnar... you're dreaming.

And also... the winner of the Cain Velasquez/Shane Carwin fight will be in line for a Heavyweight Title shot as well. And I see Cain Velasquez winning that fight. And trust me guys... Cain Velasquez will put up a fight against Brock Lesnar.

Lastly, don't ever count out Anderson Silva wanting the toughest challenge possible and moving up to Heavyweight to take on that man beast.

I'm sure we'll get Mir-Lesnar three, but like said before, give it a few years for that to happen. However, I'm not sure if either wants a piece of the other at this point. Mir got it handed to him last night, and badly. He gave Lesnar some stiff shit, and if anything has proven these first two matches, Mir can't knock Lesnar out. Mir's only bit of offense has come when Lesnar was caught by surprise, that's it.

As far as who Lesnar should fight, a bunch of nobodies if you ask me. Fedor is 33, Lesnar is just now 32, why in the world would Dana White want to milk that cash cow now? Feed Lesnar a bunch of middle of the road heavyweights, load that record up, and then deliver on that match. If you get Lesnar up to say, 10-1, and then make a serious effort, both guys would in all liklihood be around 35 at the time, and people would truly want to see Lesnar get his ass kicked.

However, if you put 6 more matches on Brock Lesnar, I'm of the opinion that Brock Lesnar would kick Fedor's ass, and that's saying something. Fedor is a big tough son of a bitch, but Lesnar has so much reach on Fedor, and come fight time, probably 50 pounds. Yes Fedor is damn well accomplished, but I truly think that even someone liek myself, doesn't properly realize how good Brock Lesnar is on the mat.

As for Anderson Silva, well me thinks the Spider should worry about going up to Light Heavyweight first, and seeing how well he does there. He fights 185, to go to heavyweight he woul dhave to get up to 206. I don't care how good Silva is, and I'm one that believes he is the best fighter pound for pound in the world, but you don't go up to the heavyweights, and especially go up two classes, to fight the undisputed champion. Yes technically Silva would be better then Lesnar, but you're looking at at least a 60 pounds weight advantage for Lesnar, and I simply think Lesnar would kill Silva.

I'll be honest - I think Mir won the stand up game. It's difficult to tell because so much of the fight was spent on the ground. However, when they were on their feet, Mir was getting the majority of the offence in. He looked energetic and focused. That flying knee was the end to an incredible barrage on Lesnar. Pity it left him open to be taken to the floor.

If it had been a kickboxing match, I think Mir would have won, or at least come much closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back