• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leno possibly going back to old time slot

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/01/07/nbc-jay-leno-not-yanked/

Update: NBC now considering moving Jay Leno to 11:35
by Lynette Rice
Categories: News, TV Biz, Television

NBC is said to be considering a significant schedule change for its late-night lineup that would push The Jay Leno Show back to Leno’s old spot of 11:35 p.m., according to The New York Times. The late-night revamp would put Leno on for 30 minutes, followed by Conan O’Brien starting at 12:05 a.m. and Jimmy Fallon at 1:05 a.m. (more details here). NBC declined to comment but released this statement: “We have the best comedy team in the business. We remain committed to keeping Conan O’Brien on NBC. He is a valued part of our late-night lineup, as he has been for more than 16 years and is one of the most respected entertainers in television.”

The stunning revelation comes amidst a flurry of internet rumors over the last 24 hours that culminated with speculative reports about Leno’s show getting the heave ho. As a result, NBC took the unusual step of responding to an internet report about the future of The Jay Leno Show earlier today by saying “Jay Leno is one of the most compelling entertainers in the world today. As we have said all along, Jay’s show has performed exactly as we anticipated on the network. It has, however, presented some issues for our affiliates. Both Jay and the show are committed to working closely with them to find ways to improve performance.” Obviously, a decision on how to fix the network’s ailing late-night lineup may be imminent now. In the meantime, the NBC brass will face the nation’s TV critics at its annual press tour gathering Sunday in Pasadena, CA, so the future of Leno and O’Brien will surely be addressed.

Concerns about Leno’s fledgling talk show hit a fever pitch in November when Leno, of all people, told Broadcasting & Cable: “Would I have preferred to stay at 11:30? Yeah, sure.” His sentiment was no doubt colored by the show’s declining ratings. Though his talk show debuted at 18.4 million, it dropped to 4.3 million in just seven weeks (nowadays, Leno is averaging 5.32 million viewers and a 1.6 rating among adults 18-49). Meanwhile, ratings are down for the post-Leno local newscasts in several of the network’s top 10 markets, while Conan O’ Brien is routinely trounced by David Letterman a half hour later.

Seriously, let it go Jay. The reason Conan's ratings suck is because NBC just had to keep your unfunny ass around. It's like Hogan never letting go. Get over it and let someone new take your spot.

Leno's an unfunny bitch. How anyone is surprised he's trying for his old time slot is beyond me.

It's the same damn show at 10 and, GASP, NO ONE watches it at ten because other stuff is on. Conan deserves better than this.

In other news, an American woman and her baby got gored by a mother elephant while hiking through a African wildlife reserve. And the mother is fucking surprised. Her baby died, which is sad. It's sad because her mother's stupidity killed her.

Leno just keeps giving the finger to Conan and also Fallon. Sure Fallon's not funny but no ones going to watch him at 1 A.M

No one is going to watch Conan at 12 either, and then he'll get the blame for it. Is it that hard to just have Conan carry the company? No one watches the damn network anyway so why not?

Conan should Cross the Line to Spike TV.
lolno

You know what'd be hot though? If he went on before The Daily Show.

Yeah but he's supposed to be the big deal now and he's never gotten the chance. It's always been about Leno and how he has to carry the place while Conan is just there for the ride or soemthing.

How does Conan suck? He's amazing, just nobody feels like watching another talk show after an hour of Leno

The skit where he and Slash went guitar shopping was one of the funniest things I've ever seen

I don't get it...Conan sucks, is completely unfunny, and it's Leno's fault?

Someone explain that.

I was thinking the same thing, I honestly can't recall the last time I watched Conan and laughed, the guy is just flat out annoying, he tries way to hard to be funny and he just comes off as a complete ******

Win all the Emmys you want...if you're not getting ratings, then you obviously aren't doing your job right.
Have you seen some of the shit that people watch?

Ratings don't equal quality. Ratings equal ratings. That's all.

Although I'm really not a fan of Conan either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back