• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Length of Feuds

Chadmw

Getting Noticed By Management
Whenever I read this forum I sometimes get confused.

One day I will read it and there will be 20 post saying feuds are too long and boring (HHH-Orton)

Than the next day I will read 20 post saying feuds have no build up and end too quickly.

So I am wondering which do prefer actually prefer, Quick Feuds or lng built up threads.

IMO I think people want both, they want feuds that build up, but don't see the wrestlers in the feud wrestle each other every week.

I remember before Monday night Raw, when all you had were the 4 or 5 PPV's a year, than on Saturday afternoons you would get Superstars, which was basically the main stars involved in Squash mashes and doinf interviews to push there feud with whoever and than you would also get a Saturday Night main event here and there to help push the feud. And some of these feuds would last month and month, but no one got bored of them because the two guys feuding actually very seldom wrestled each other except on the big PPV

These days with shows like Raw and Smackdown, where it is no longer Big name superstar vs Jobber match after match like the old Superstar TV show, they now have to put PPV quality matches on regular TV plus the 12-13 PPVS a year, it is no longer special when two Superstars meet at a PPV, because we've all seen it a million times by then.

So after my rambling what I really would like to know is if people want things to stay pretty well like they are now with RAW-SMACKDOWN and 12-13 PPV's a year, or would you prefer the old days with only 4-5 PPV matches a year and none of the big name superstars actually wrestling each other on regular TV.

I dont care how long a fued lasts, as long as it is entertaining from beggining to end, or at least entertaining for the most part, maybe it's a bit much asking for a 6 month fued to be entertaining non-stop.

I'm a fan of deep and lengthy fueds as long as it remains fresh and they don't go to the well too many times. And I think that at least 1 should be done at all times. Again, it has to remain entertaining, bring a solid story.

However, I don't want every fued to drag on and on. Hornswaggle vs. Chavo could have ended a while ago.

Length of a feud doesn't bother me as long as it continues to stay fresh.

Vince vs Stone Cold - By far my favorite feud, always was a refreshing show or PPV. Always trying to see Vince screw Austin or how Austin is going to piss off Vince, was pure gold.

Tazz and Sabu - pretty long feud ironically only fought once, but it was still that one match you wanted to see.

Brother vs Brother (Hardys) That was a good feud that benefited both Jeff and Matt by building up their status's and who else wanted to see Matt get taught a lesson by his big brother Jeff? Shame though Matt got injured :\

Ex of a bad feud.

Vince vs Trump and other boring comedy jobbers like Santino and such.

Edit- Oh can't forget the mentally challenged skit which tanked. Or how about that kid who has the prosthetic leg, how lame was that?

See nowadays the feuds that fans would like to see can be seen. The matches will be seen on ppv's and on shows such as Raw ansd Smackdown. The feuds tend to go on and they tend to get boring.

Back in the day when i first started to watch WWE (1990), there were some cool feuds one of my favourite being Undertaker/Ultimate Warrior. That was cool, but annoying as there was never a ppv match. The only matches were at house shows, so living in the UK, never got to see them.

But my all time favourite has to be the Vince/Austin. That was AWESOME! It was so unique and it went on and on and never got boring. They always reinvented it with new and crazy actions, like the Convertable being totalled. lol

I'm a fan of feuds that last the span of a few months but they cannot get stale. That's my only complaint about the feuds these days. It very quickly gets stale when you see the same two guys going at it every pay per view for the same length of time going through the same moves/spots every single time. If they could change it up and keep it fresh I would find it much more enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back