• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lemmy and Zahra hypocrisy

wrestler36

Championship Contender
I've been a big Motorhead fan for about 15 years and if you're not familiar with Lemmy Kilmister, I would suggest checking out his documentary, Lemmy.

Granted, he's rock star status for the better part of 50 years, even though Motorhead has more of a cult following than superstardom. Anyways, there's an interesting part in the documentary that shows that he's a HUGE Nazi memorabilia collector. I heard he even has Hitler's wife's hairbrush. Part of his regular attire is the Iron Cross, which granted existed before the Nazi party, but is now synonymous with the 3rd Reich.

Lemmy obviously didn't hold the same beliefs as the Nazi party but still, I did find it a bit weird that Zahra gets fired for a Nazi pic (which was obviously tongue and cheek, with the My Little Pony) from a few years back, yet Lemmy gets the nice send off for doing HHH's themes. Heck, Big Vis was part of the company for years, and I don't even think he got a nice sendoff, just a small write up in the news section.

I know HHH is/was a huge Lemmy fan too, obviously, so he's got the clout for the nice tribute and (hopefully) celebrity HOF entry, but I do think there's hypocrisy going on

Well he did pass away, so it's not the time to bring up all this.

Just show respect for the good things he did.

And just because he collects memorabilia doesn't means he shares their beliefs.

Was Lemmy Posting support for the Nazi Party publically? If he did, I missed it, and I agree with your post. If not, well, behind closed doors, do whatever, I don't care. If the post you are alluding to for Zahra is the one I remember from back in the day, it was a public post while being a part of and representing the WWE, which is why they acted upon it.

A) He's not employed to the WWE.

B) He's not showcasing his collection or proclaming himself a nazi like whatsherface did.

C) WWE is a publicly traded company who's shares and sponsorships are affected by what the people employed to the WWE do. Daniel Bryan was employed during the neck tying incident. Hulk Hogan was employed when the racism scandal broke.

D) Donald Trump, Hulk Hogan, Mike Tyson and Jimmy Snuka are all in the WWE Hall Of Fame despite heanous past actions. They may be ignored, but they're inductees. They're also not employed to the WWE.

D) He's not employed to the WWE.

E) It's the WWE. Does double standard on their part really shock you still?

Why the fuck would someone collect anything having to do with Nazism or Hitler anyway, unless of course they shared those beliefs, or in any shape, way, or form were even slightly drawn to them?

Anyhow, it's hypocrisy alright.

And I'm gobsmacked at the thought of a mediocre musician being inducted into a WRESTLING hall of fame. While they're at it, they may as well call in Slash. At least he's a fucking genius. And besides hypocrisy, this just shows how much of self-serving autocrats HHH and his stupid family are. Just because Lemmy composed a fucking theme song, he's going to go into the WWE hall of fame. So if Edge had married Stephanie instead, may be he would have conferred Alter Bridge members, especially the Godly, beautiful and otherworldly Myles Kennedy with the honour of being in the WWE HOF.

Like other's have said the biggest difference between the two people in question, is that one was not employed by the WWE, therefore can do whatever he wants.

Being a collector of anything doesn't automatically mean you subscribe to the belief's of the items you are hoarding. My grandfather who was a book collector found a first edition copy of Mein Kampf at a thrift store in Glasgow. He bought it for next to nothing. Even though he owned the book, which he couldn't read by the way because it was in German, he didn't believe in what Hilter or the Nazi's stood for. It was a piece of history and that's why he wanted it.

If you look inside anyone's closet thoroughly enough you will find skeletons. Problem is people tend to forget that while they're looking through someone else's closet, someone just might be looking at yours.

The OP and everyone else don't know exactly why she was fired. It is known that her social media mistakes went beyond showing her "artwork". She may not have been open about her social media mistakes prior to getting hired by the company. It also sounds like she was kind of an asshole.

Part of his regular attire is the Iron Cross, which granted existed before the Nazi party, but is now synonymous with the 3rd Reich.
Learn some history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross#Post-World_War_II

While Iron Cross is asociated with Nazis, it predates and has survived post WW2 bans. Swastika which Zahra posted is mostly associated with Nazi stuff. Plus Zahra is nobody and was employed at the time, Lemmy was somebody who was not employed and longtime friend of HHH.

I've been a big Motorhead fan for about 15 years and if you're not familiar with Lemmy Kilmister, I would suggest checking out his documentary, Lemmy.

Granted, he's rock star status for the better part of 50 years, even though Motorhead has more of a cult following than superstardom. Anyways, there's an interesting part in the documentary that shows that he's a HUGE Nazi memorabilia collector. I heard he even has Hitler's wife's hairbrush. Part of his regular attire is the Iron Cross, which granted existed before the Nazi party, but is now synonymous with the 3rd Reich.

Lemmy obviously didn't hold the same beliefs as the Nazi party but still, I did find it a bit weird that Zahra gets fired for a Nazi pic (which was obviously tongue and cheek, with the My Little Pony) from a few years back, yet Lemmy gets the nice send off for doing HHH's themes. Heck, Big Vis was part of the company for years, and I don't even think he got a nice sendoff, just a small write up in the news section.

I know HHH is/was a huge Lemmy fan too, obviously, so he's got the clout for the nice tribute and (hopefully) celebrity HOF entry, but I do think there's hypocrisy going on

God damn do wrestling fans love to cry hypocrisy. If girl I never heard of got fired over some Nazi pic then I'm guessing WWE didn't see much value in her in the first place. There's no reason to connect it to Lemmy, someone who was never employed by WWE. You may think that everyone should be treated exactly the same by everyone in your fantasy land but that's not the way the real world works. I'm guessing it doesn't actually work that way in your own world. For example, if someone you just met was messing around with you and called you a homo you probably wouldn't take too kindly to that but if your best friend who you'd been hanging out with for years did it you probably wouldn't care. At your job a longtime hard working employee might be able to get away with taking a extra five minutes at lunch. The guy who just started might not get that leeway. The point is you can't expect every single situation to be treated the same way.

Sorry if I overreacted to the topic but honestly this was my first reaction after reading it.

[YOUTUBE]lWsuokWmEZI[/YOUTUBE]

If anyone is going to make reference to this then recall JBL doing his Nazi salute at a WWE event in Germany a little over a decade ago. Which I believe is an illegal gesture there. He used to make appearances on Fox or CNN - one of those mainstream stations and after that they kept him off their program. What did the WWE do? Put the WWE World title on him at the end of that month.

Whether I agree or not with this topic is irrelevant, because I just gotta say…is this the first instance you can think of hypocrisy in WWE? It's RAMPANT and always has been! I can think of countless examples of "do as I say not as I do" in WWE, some guys getting away with things, and others being condemned/fired over it. It's just the nature of the company and its extremely bi-polar, erratic owners, right or wrong.

As an aside, HHH has had the iron cross on his trunks for over a decade, so if the guy with the most stroke in the company is doing it, I'm pretty sure they could care less about Lemmy doing it.

There is a difference between buying the stuff and Lemmy's use and what Zahra did. What does a My Little Pony and a swastika have to do with history? when did the Nazi's ever use that? And she acted like it was a joke. With the Iron Cross, it doesn't have the same connection as the swastika does and today is probably associated more with biker culture than with the Nazis. For most people, it is just a variation on a regular cross where as the swastika jumps out at you. I am not saying that wwe isn't being a little hypocritical - they still have JBL working for them after that goosestepping incident in Germany - but Zahra needs to learn some respect because what she did was really disrespectful and she treated it like a big joke - that is more the issue than anything else. If she actually was interested in history and had studied Hitler and the Nazi party, that would be one thing but this was all a big joke to her which is the problem. As a society, we shouldn't allow and tolerate stupidity like that. That's the difference.

WWE Hall of Fame has become a joke. Lemmy may not of worked for WWE as an in ring performer but he would have been payed by them and when you induct somebody into your HOF it is an endorsement. You can't endorse somebody who may have (or at the very least is linked to having) certain beliefs and fire somebody for the same reason. This wreaks of another desperate WWE publicity stunt.

WWE Hall of Fame has become a joke. Lemmy may not of worked for WWE as an in ring performer but he would have been payed by them and when you induct somebody into your HOF it is an endorsement. You can't endorse somebody who may have (or at the very least is linked to having) certain beliefs and fire somebody for the same reason. This wreaks of another desperate WWE publicity stunt.

Well first of all no one said he is for sure going into the HOF. And no one is sure what belief's he held unless they knew him personally. I have been a fan of Motorhead for a long time and I didn't know he collected memorabilia, and don't care either. Like I said before you can collect something but not buy into the belief.

The bottom line is Motorhead didn't work for the WWE, yes they were paid by them for their performances but that's as far as it goes. Are we at the point now where everyone who has anything to do with them has to be scrutinized to the 10th degree. I would hazard a guess and say most of the people that do business with them, wouldn't be anymore.

And the publicity you speak of isn't a publicity stunt. A girl was fired for have Nazi's symbolism on her Instagram, a girl who worked in their development program. It's a far cry from a guy in a band performing a song for them. This is a non issue and think the whole thing is ridiculous.

You can't endorse somebody who may have (or at the very least is linked to having) certain beliefs

This is like the biggest problem with society in general

They can't endorse someone who may possibly in the slightest Be linked to some belief.... Really? Really?!?

There's a chance that they might possibly believe something!

I have a few different WW2 Antiques, a couple of them are Nazi items, and a couple of them are Communist items, I don't agree with their beliefs, but I find the items interesting, and I believe in keeping our history in tact, the good or bad times. Meanwhile, im not going to post on Twitter under a user name that my Boss at work follows, saying "look how cool this Swastika Looks!"

Lemmy Kilmster was never a WWE employee. He did business with WWE, was a WWE fan and had personal relationships with some people in WWE. What he believed, didn't believe, collected or whatever behind closed doors during his personal time was his business. To my knowledge, he didn't take to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or what have you spouting Nazi propaganda or dressed in some sort of Nazi inspired clothing. As far as the Iron Cross goes, it's a symbol that existed decades before the Nazi Party got hold of it and has become adopted by various British & American subcultures since the 60s. The Iron Cross is part of the logo of a number of well known motorcycle companies, it's frequently seen on hot rods & surf boards even to this day, Metallica frontman James Hetfield has an Iron Cross tattoo on his left arm, his elbow, I believe, he's also had it emblazoned on several of his guitars, Triple H has used a variation of the Iron Cross as part of his ring gear for the last 15 years, singer Roy Orbison used to perform sometimes wearing an Iron Cross necklace.

I disagree with the Iron Cross being synonymous with the Third Reich, it's too frequently visible as part of pop culture. I've seen people walking around with variations of the Iron Cross on t-shirts, usually accompanied by the name of a motorcycle company. The Swastika is the symbol that's become synonymous with the Nazi Party.

As far as Zahra goes, she made the mistake that so many people in the world make: she put stuff out there over the internet that she should've thought more clearly about before doing it. What's the thing we tell teenage girls about posting nude pics on the internet? Once it's done, it's out there forever, potentially anyone can find it and it can have consequences later on down the line. Same thing goes if you post pictures, tongue in cheek or not, with swastikas.

Again, Lemmy was never a WWE employee, Zahra was and just about any company, wrestling or otherwise, would've fired her. I mean...c'mon, imagine the backlash WWE would've gotten had they not done something. People get so torn up about anything so easily these days anyway, so if Zahra wasn't fired and these pics were discovered after WWE knew about them, here comes the outrage via social media.

The original point of this thread is totally ridiculous. There's a HUGE difference between collecting historical memorabilia and posting nazi shit online. I can hardly believe this is even a discussion. Lemmy was a war collector in general not just a nazi collector. He also had lots of American civil war stuff too. I've read his book and he never said anything about endorsing naziism. I've never seen an interview where's he's said anything like that, never read it in any of his lyrics. Nothing. Zahara is a ******. Honestly she should have been fired for just being dumb enough to post that shit. I'm sure if they hadn't fired her for that they eventually would have for some other bone head move cause she's obviously an idiot if she thought doing that while employed by wwe was a smart thing to do. As far as Lemmy being in the HOF I think it would be really cool but I understand why some people would think he didn't do enough to deserve it. I think in the celebrity wing they've lowerd the standard so much at this point that he he deserves a spot. He did more than Arnold ever did. Or the Refrigerator. Or Drew Carrey. Now wether they deserve to be there is another discussion altogether but I think if they do Lemmy does too.

Well first of all no one said he is for sure going into the HOF.

True but he died and HHH is a fan so it is unlikely they will pass on this chance. Besides, wwe seems to like to induct too many people in a year anyways so it isn't like he will take someone's spot. It isn't a sure thing but it is as close as you can get to a sure thing.

The lesson in all of this is you need to think before you act which is something people don't do enough of these days. I am tired of people apologizing when their past catches up with them. Why did you do something stupid to begin with? And enough with this "they were young, they made a mistake" crap because we were all young, we didn't all make dumb mistakes. Internet has been in commercial use for a good 20 years now, we were saying 10 years ago how nothing ever disappears now because of the internet, there is no excuse for her stupidity.

A) He's not employed to the WWE.

B) He's not showcasing his collection or proclaming himself a nazi like whatsherface did.

C) WWE is a publicly traded company who's shares and sponsorships are affected by what the people employed to the WWE do. Daniel Bryan was employed during the neck tying incident. Hulk Hogan was employed when the racism scandal broke.

D) Donald Trump, Hulk Hogan, Mike Tyson and Jimmy Snuka are all in the WWE Hall Of Fame despite heanous past actions. They may be ignored, but they're inductees. They're also not employed to the WWE.

D) He's not employed to the WWE.

E) It's the WWE. Does double standard on their part really shock you still?

Very debateable on your point... They represent the organisation sure, but they are NOT employed... They are independent contractors and Vince has fought tooth and nail to keep it that way.

That's why they can be let go at the first sign of trouble (and later rehired) because they in effect decline to use their services. Look at the Del Rio incident, the other guy was staff... he had to stay in post till they did full disciplinary and THEN he was let go... all people saw was ADR got fired first.

There is a hypocrisy in this, as big a Lemmy fan as I am, I dislike this part of him. But I don't really get to comment, I didn't know him and I'm smart enough to know that the guy wasn't a Nazi. Indeed his drummer was of mixed race so he was anything BUT racist.

Is it any worse than Scott Weiland or Axl Rose wearing SS caps onstage in the past? or Judas Priest using that kind of imagery? No, the guy likes to wear and collect that shit, that's up to him... doesn't make him the loon from Falling Down. The reality to most people, Lemmy did enough good in life to be allowed that little wrinkle to his character, it didn't harm anyone...

Zahra was VERY hard done by but there was always going to be a backlash on her over the Rollins dick pic... that is what the whole thing was really about.

There is a worrying trend that employers now feel they can judge you on social media from x number of years back... although I am pretty sure the EU will soon put paid to it via human rights.

WWE have been hypocrites for so long that its not funny... Michael Hayes is getting a HOF nod this year when Hulk is "removed"... both said disgusting shit around the same time... Hayes said it ON WORK TIME, TO AN EMPLOYEE...

But the reality is they can set their own goalposts and move them as they seem fit.

Lemmy doesn’t set precedence here because reasonable people understand that Vince isn’t accountable for Lemmy, whereas the WWE frequently uses Twitter accounts of their talent to promote their PG product. For Zahra’s case, see also: Abraham Washington.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back