• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Legends In The TNA Hall Of Fame

Nature Boy

Pre-Show Stalwart
At present, as we all know, TNA inducts only one Wrestler/Tag Team in to it's Hall Of Fame per year.

But I think, if they want it to be taken more seriously , then they should induct at least a few every year.

There is a long list of Legends that have been involved with/appeared in TNA over the years that could be inducted - So to name a few...

Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Randy Savage
Terry Funk
Roddy Piper
Ricky Steamboat
Jake Roberts
Curt Hennig
The Great Muta
Bob Backlund
Jim Duggan
The Road Warriors
Mick Foley
Diamond Dallas Page
Lex Luger
Sabu
Raven

I know not all of these guys (Or their families if they have died) would accept a place in the TNA Hall Of Fame for various reasons, but I think it would give it some credibility.

Thoughts?

The Hall of Fame should really be the least of TNA's concerns. They've got much bigger things to deal with. Upping the inductees to 2 or 3 per year might get a more robust HOF started but pretty soon it will be hard to come up with 3 people who really deserve spots. Before you know it the entire roster will be Hall of Famers.

I wouldn't even have introduced a Hall of Fame at this point in TNA, they don't have the lineage of WWE or even WCW and both of them wound up shelving their Hall of Fame in the mid '90s from a lack of names to induct. Not that TNA is lacking in viable names to induct from their Asylum days but TNA doesn't even list anybody pre-Spike TV as alumni.

In my opinion they started it way too soon, I presume its just a hall of fame exclusively for their work in TNA the most deserving would be guys like Jarrett and Styles who where there since its start but I feel their still both way too young for a hall of fame, If its a general hall of fame for all of pro wrestling then the names mentioned are all deserving inductees but if its soley on their TNA work the only ones possibly worthy would be Hogan, Flair, Sabu or Raven as the rest of the names only made one or two appearances in TNA,
If TNA has to have a hall of fame then I would say one or two inductees a year is enough because their hasn't been that many people in the history of TNA to be deserving of it without really watering it down.

Biggest problem with Legends in the HOF is simple what did they contribute? Dusty would have been good since here was there early on and helped with the creative but most of these guys where there for such a short period of time that it would seem odd to induct them(kind of like inducting a certain referee). Right now, with the exception of AJ Styles, they really have no one to induct other than maybe Gail Kim. Yeah, guys like Abyss, James Storm, etc have been there for along time but that doesn't mean you should go into the HOF. At least Gail was a key part of their Woman's division.

Their HOF is done the right way. They don't require one but at least an evening of celebrating their legends is the right way to go about it.

Omissions are unimportant if you're slowly working through one act a year. Meanwhile WWE have people who lack credibility in their HOF ahead of more deserving candidates. The WWE HOF is a good show, but I'd prefer an evening of people telling Steve Ustin stories and then a speech from the guy himself.

All of the wrestlers you listed became stars outside of TNA. They only went to TNA after they were way past their prime. As far as inducting more than one, they don't have the talent. Besides most of those you listed did nothing in TNA. This is a decent idea, but it shouldn't happen.

What aka should be resonating here. The Hall-of-Fame should be the last thing on their minds at the moment. They have far more pressing issues ahead of them, like keeping the company's head above water.

But frankly, reaching for most, if not all, of those names is a cheap tactic for a HOF bid. It has a hint of Mormon postmortem baptism to it. Even for Flair and Hogan.

They did a Hall of Fame way too early. And I actually prefer they only induct 1 guy per year. It makes it mean more.

Otherwise they end up like WWE who inducts a bunch of people who don't deserve to be there. It makes it feel like a joke when Papa Shango, carlos colon or the blackjacks are said in the same breath as Hulk Hogan.

If there is one thing that I hate about WWE HOF it is that the WWE's version has almost become saturated with the amount of entrants each year.

I think a company like TNA having one new HOF entrant each year works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back