Left, Right or Centre

Which way do you lean?

• Right (Conservative/Republican)

• Centre (Flexible)

• Left (Liberal/Democrat)

Results are only viewable after voting.
See this kind of result facinates me. You're a self-professed Republican in a Republican country with no true representation politically of even the centre and yet you get a result like that. Why is it you vote Republican?

And there's the fallacy: Im a self-professed Republican, as in, by affiliation. That's how I'm registered, nothing more. Ive never claimed that I vote Republican. As a registered voter, be it Republican or Democrat, I believe its my responsibility to vote for the best candidate, not the party they're affiliated with. I've voted both Republican and Democrat in my day.

The interesting thing is that while Im a registered Republican, both my parents and my sisters alike are registered Democrats. Care to guess how they vote? Almost exclusively Republican.

¡Roján!;3768850 said:
Fuck me, that's a hard question. On the one hand, people should be free to reproduce at their own wil but, at the same time, why bring a child into the world when it's going to suffer. Sure, you've got through it, but itwas probably hard. It shouldn't be regulated by the government in anyy case, though.

I don't see the difficulty here. What do we classify as "serious inheritable disabilities?" Mental disorders? Physical ones? Unless you can guarantee that their offspring will inherit these disorders, likelihood be damned, then this isn't an issue that should even be on the table.

If you legislate this, it becomes a case of telling other people what they can and cannot do with their bodies. Where do you draw the line in these situations? That's truly the hard question.

I don't see the difficulty here. What do we classify as "serious inheritable disabilities?" Mental disorders? Physical ones? Unless you can guarantee that their offspring will inherit these disorders, likelihood be damned, then this isn't an issue that should even be on the table.

If you legislate this, it becomes a case of telling other people what they can and cannot do with their bodies. Where do you draw the line in these situations? That's truly the hard question.

I wasn't referring to it in them circumstances. I was referring to the question as someone who had a disease and wanted to be a parent. Like I said before, the government can't tell me what to do with my body. Come on, LSN, where are those reading comprehension skills? ;) I kid, I kid. I should have made it clearer.

I was thinking of a story I had heard a while back about friends of my parents who both had a violent form of Huntington's disease. They wanted to reproduce so badly, but never wanted a kid of those to go through what they had gone through.

I'm near Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and the Dali Lama.

how-to-draw-ditto,-pokemon-tutorial-drawing.jpg

pcgraphpng.php

Although this is from a few weeks ago, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit different now. My ideology is constantly changing. With every bit of new information I encounter, it becomes a tad different, and that's the way it should be. Never trust anyone set in their political ways.

Does the fact that no-one has identified themselves as Republican on the poll reflect badly on current ring-wing policy and attitudes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back