Lee's Draft review; ECW

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Well after ECW getting largely ignored on Monday night, I wasn't expecting much from the supplimental draft, but darn was I impressed. Lets have a gander at the moves shall we?

Vladimir Kozlov

Well this move would have been better at the back end of last year when he had his match with Matt Hardy. All in all a good move, lets give this a B rating.

Ezekiel Jackson

I can't say I've seen much of jackson, but I hope a move to ECW will give him an arena to really grow on which will benefit him in the long run. he may be the dark horse of the pick...A- I shall give.

Zack Ryder

Erm yeh, this will be the guy lost in the shuffle...good move, but I dunno how it'll pan out. C rating for this move.

DH Smith & Natalya

I'm putting these two together as it should give us the new Hart foundation, or at least Smith on TV! A- for these two as well.

Hurricane Helms

YAY the move I wanted, MTFO when it happened, being one of the few WCW's left, Helms really has given it a go but seemed to be in limbo on SD! If he's ever going to get to the top level ECW shall help him out! A for this move!

All in all this is good for ECW, but the one problem I have is so many high class midcarders, maybe a midcard ECW belt is needed?

I think Zeke and Ryder are going to end up together, in the same kind of role that Spanky and Zeke had on Smackdown. It's the only way I can see both getting over. If they push Ryder, than the big men are obviously being pushed aside, and if they push Zeke, there's no way the little guys are going to succeed.

It's just my take, and I'm probably wrong, but I don't see any other way to make it work.

Eziekiel and Ryder will do nothing.

The rest are great for both the wrestlers and ECW as a brand. Helms getting air time is always going to be good and Kozlov can actually do something on ECW instead of just randomly being put into match's over on Smackdown that made no sense.

I think ECW is looking great for 2009!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back