Lebron or Kobe

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
Who is better? To me the answer is an easy one. Lebron James is definitely the best player in basketball.

Lebron is a rare talent that doesn't come along too often. He has the ability to play all 5 positions on the court and play all of them better then almost everyone in the league. He is a walking triple double and virtually unguardable. As much as I dislike him there is no denying the fact that he is the best. If he had any talent around him at all then he would already have a championship or two. When the second best player on your team is only a borderline all star in Mo Williams, then you really don't have much of a chance to win. The Cavs have one superstar and then a bunch of role players. Jordan couldn't win without Pippen, Kobe couldn't win without Shaq, Wade couldn't win without Shaq. In this league you either need two star players or in the Detroit Pistons case a starting 5 of all star caliber players.

Lebron is better then Kobe in almost every way. He is a better passer, rebounder, slasher, and he is more athletic. Kobe is a slightly better shooter and also defender but Lebron has improved on those two things every year since coming into the league and they are a lot closer in those categories then they were a couple years ago. As more years start to go by the gap between these two is going to keep getting bigger and bigger and when it is all said and done Lebron will be considered one of the top 2 players ever, if not the best player ever.

If I were running a team, I would want a player that can score in various areas, be a great defender, and somebody I would want to close out a game. Kobe can do all of those and Lebron hasn't been consistent in all of them. I don't consider age is a factor because that is an unfair argument to make. I still consider Kobe better because he has what it takes to close out a game and also make the last shot which Lebron has only done once. With the game on the line, there is no player right now I would have the ball in his hands more than Kobe. I'll give Lebron as being more athletic and a better rebounder but I will still give the edge to Kobe.

If I were running a team, I would want a player that can score in various areas, be a great defender, and somebody I would want to close out a game.

As far as defense goes I believe Kobe is a slightly better defender, but Lebron has improved a lot defensively and he has become a very good defender in his own right. Most people say that Lebron can't close out a game but that is a false statement.

Game Winning Shot Opportunity = 24 seconds or less left in the game, team with the ball is either tied or down by 1 to 2 points. Using this definition a study was conducted to see who was the best at making these types of shots. The study included the regular season and playoffs of the 03-04, 04-05, 05-06, 06-07, 07-08, and up to February 4th of the current 08-09 season.

Lebron actually had the most game winning shots. He was 17-50 which is 34%. Kobe is 4th on the list with 14 makes out of 56 which is 25%. The numbers don't lie.

It's very simple why LeBron is a better player: It doesn't take him 30/40 fucking shots to get to 30 points, whereas it usually takes Kobe about that many for him to have a high scoring game. LeBron's shooting percentage is astonishing and that alone makes him better than Kobe, in my opinion.

Also, the only way Kobe takes over a game is by jacking up 3's, whereas LeBron is much, much more versatile. He can knock down the 3, get into the lane whenever he pleases, post-up, and has the ability to find his open teammates. His biggest flaw is his free throw shooting, but that'll get better as the years go by.

And personally, I prefer Carmelo over both of them, but that's just personal preference. LeBron James is without a doubt in my mind, the absolute best player in the World and could perhaps when it's all said and done, end up being the greatest to ever play the game. He's only 24-years-old and has already accomplished so much. The only thing he's missing is that Championship ring, but you know what? Switch teams with Kobe and LeBron... the Lakers are undefeated this post season, and the Cavs do not end up with the best record in the league and they still lose to the Orlando Magic. Once LeBron is able to get some good players around him... the championships will start coming. I guarantee it.

It's very simple why LeBron is a better player: It doesn't take him 30/40 fucking shots to get to 30 points, whereas it usually takes Kobe about that many for him to have a high scoring game. LeBron's shooting percentage is astonishing and that alone makes him better than Kobe, in my opinion.
Umm... Yeah do you care to explain how he gets that high in percentage. Is it taking shots outside like Kobe does? No it isn't. It's all dunks and layups. he probably takes 5-8 long range shots ( outside 10ft) a game. Yes him getting to the bucket is unstoppable but the reason you don't see Kobe doing that is because he has Pau, Bynum and Odom let alone a whole play that requires the bigman to post up. Lebron has shit post players therefore he has to do the inside game himself.

Also, the only way Kobe takes over a game is by jacking up 3's, whereas LeBron is much, much more versatile. He can knock down the 3, get into the lane whenever he pleases, post-up, and has the ability to find his open teammates. His biggest flaw is his free throw shooting, but that'll get better as the years go by.

No the way Kobe takes over the game is taking 2 unbelieveable shots and getting them in. Kobe can post up ( trust me he is strong), Kobe is also the leading Laker player with assists in the playoffs, is that not saying something?
And personally, I prefer Carmelo over both of them, but that's just personal preference. LeBron James is without a doubt in my mind, the absolute best player in the World and could perhaps when it's all said and done, end up being the greatest to ever play the game. He's only 24-years-old and has already accomplished so much. The only thing he's missing is that Championship ring, but you know what? Switch teams with Kobe and LeBron... the Lakers are undefeated this post season, and the Cavs do not end up with the best record in the league and they still lose to the Orlando Magic. Once LeBron is able to get some good players around him... the championships will start coming. I guarantee it.

Yeah Melo is wicked but I also think that you can never ever choose Kobe or Lebron over eachother. It all depends on the game situation. Clutch is Kobe, Lebron is the just a beast anyother time.

Umm... Yeah do you care to explain how he gets that high in percentage. Is it taking shots outside like Kobe does? No it isn't. It's all dunks and layups. he probably takes 5-8 long range shots ( outside 10ft) a game. Yes him getting to the bucket is unstoppable but the reason you don't see Kobe doing that is because he has Pau, Bynum and Odom let alone a whole play that requires the bigman to post up. Lebron has shit post players therefore he has to do the inside game himself.

Does it really matter how he gets his percentage so high? No, it doesn't. LeBron can get to the lane any time he wants to, and he knows how to finish. Like I said.. the guy can get 40 points, without taking 40 shots and Kobe struggles to pull that off.

And LeBron having shit post players actually hurts him more so than it helps, because someone like Dwight Howard can leave his man and help out without thinking twice about it because he doesn't have to worry about any of Cleveland's big men creating a shot of their own. Whereas, you would have to be an idiot to leave Pau open.

No the way Kobe takes over the game is taking 2 unbelieveable shots and getting them in. Kobe can post up ( trust me he is strong), Kobe is also the leading Laker player with assists in the playoffs, is that not saying something?

I know Kobe can post up, but he still settles for ridiculous jump shots more than anything else, which is a huge flaw in his game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back