• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Laycool Vs Melina

Should Laycool hold both belts

• Yes, That is so much better than a broken belt

• No, the titles should be unified

• No, the titles should be kept on separate shows

Results are only viewable after voting.

kiztwo

Ron Simmons' biggest fan
With the Laycool-Melina incident at SummerSlam, it seems that from what I've read, people are thinking that this will result in the titles will be unified, but I thought of something different...

(Assuming that this storyline happens) What if it doesn't turn out to be a unification thing, it could turn out to be that Laycool can't both have the women's title, so one of them will go after the Divas title to show that they dominate the entire WWE women's division. I think that it a better way to go than unifying them (for now)

What do you think??

Did anyone notice the Women's championship they were holding was a toy cut in half? lol.
But besides that, it's most likely they'll unify the titles hopefully and have the champion defend on both shows.

I don't get why people are so insanely obsessed with unifying the belts? What the hell is wrong with them right now? They're both defended on a regular basic, they're having more than enough contenders. Sure people hate the Divas championship, but the divas division isn't too much to brag about. And there's way too many noteworthy contenders available in the divas division right now, to actually have a unified championship.

This would be like unifying the world titles, but oh shit. People seem to want that too. The champions would be hotswapped back and forth way too often with 5-8 divas contending for it (Alicia, Eve, Maryse, Melina, LayCool, Kelly Kelly, possibly Tiffany / Gail Kim at times). Why would we want to see that?

No the championships will not be unified, they will stay like it is, like it should be.

if the unify them WWE will only have six title. But i think its a good idea. Why have 2 women titles for as little amount of divas they have? like TNA with the knockouts. They only have 9 but the have the knockouts and the tag team title for them.

I like the sound of that. We already have one unified title, and we do not need another. And as for what Ferb said, if the Diva's title is on Raw, and the Women's title is on Smackdown, then they would defend only on that show, and just appear at both show. I think they are just trying to make the Women's Division more relevant.

I think Ferbian hit the nail on the head here. I don't think unifying the women's championships will make that much of a difference. I was glad when Melina won the title last night, but the LayCool interference made me cringe. It popped into my head so quickly....."WWE might have one unified women's title, ugh". Look, I don't trash the Divas like a lot of people do, but you just have to face facts, not that many people care about the women's division in WWE.

I just think WWE might need to shake things up a little bit as far as the roster goes. Raw has a handful of potential champions, so why not move some of them to Smackdown to the chase for the women's title more interesting? Because besides LayCool, who does the blue brand have as challengers? Rosa Mendes, Kelly Kelly, Tiffany(who's in trouble at the moment) and an injured Beth Phoenix? Smackdown needs more competition.

i hope they unify them. move all the divas that wrestle to one brand and bring back the cruiserweight division. bourne, chavo, tyson kidd, gabriel after the nexus angle, mysterio, and more can bring back

What are you talking about? That would be completely stupid. The Cruiserweight title was defended on both shows, and they would not have all the Divas on one show, because they would lose some female viewers for that show.

I kind of wish they would have one womans title so it can be defended on both shows, there is not enough women wrestlers for both shows, althought I hate the fact they have 2 heavyweight titles and 2 sets of tag team and united state and intercontinenal title, when they separated raw and smack down it was the worse thing they could of done cause a lot of the wrestlers you want to watch are only on one show so when they come to down you do not get to see them, I liked it when triple H, undertaker and others had the freedom of going show to show now they are exclusive which sucks, they have to many titles

Seperating the shows was smart, they have way too many guys on the roster as it is. What you going to do have all 60 guys on one the same show, thats stupid. And it would be stupid to cut it down to about 40 because when people come up for FCW then they would be forced to release someone. Id say the way they have it now its good, and like that each show has 2 singles titles, cause what about Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, MVP, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, and Christian. They have talent but no-where near World title talent and thats why the U.S./I.C. titles are there. 2 world titles are also good, they just need to add a couple more big names to SD to make the title picture better, like Edge, The Miz, and Sheamus. But i agree with unifying the TAG TITLES because they only have what, like 5 teams total. But i say do a 2-1 trade, Layla goes to RAW and Eve and Gail Kim go to SD. Make Layla the temporary Divas champ just to get her on RAW and give the Women's title to Michelle. That would even out the women's divison better and no unification would be needed. But this prolly wont happen, but i do think they split Lay-Cool up and put Layla on RAW at least and they will never unify the belts

Yeah, lets keep the two womens titles. Thats a great idea. In fact, lets create some more titles and dilute the prestige of the titles even more... I think everyone should have a title they walk down to the ring with. The titles in WWE are so worthless and everyone thats posted thinking that two womens/divas titles are a good idea have proven that again. We currently have a US title that rarely gets defended, has NO prestige anymore, and is nothing more than simply a prop.

The womens titles need to be unified and honestly, the womens division needs talent. Women like Maryse, who is simply eye candy and has no ring skill, holding the title proves once again that the WWE has no regard for the intelligence of fans. Alicia Fox is not an improvement either. Melina is one of the only women (Beth Phoenix and Jillian are two others) that deserve to wear the title. They can WRESTLE, which is the point of the division. Get rid of that stupid Divas title and have one womens title.

If this needs to go elsewhere, my bad.

At Summerslam, Laycool attacked Melina after her title win over Alicia Fox. It's very likely that that one action will lead to a feud of sorts.

Given the lack of true depth in the division, would it be wiser to merely have a champion vs. champion match or make said match a unifier? I'd say unify the titles, which in turn will add to the depth since everyone'll be competing for ONE title. Besides, most people have said that the "standard Divas match" is the piss break. Imagine a Natalya vs Beth Phoenix feud!

It's obvious that WWE doesn't want to send any Raw diva to smackdown, so they're just going to unify both titles and have the champion appear on both shows, it makes sense. I mean seriously, no diva on smackdown deserves to be womens champion, kelly kelly, Rosa mendes??? I don't think so. Beth Phoenix was supposed to become the top babyface but she got injured and that pretty much destroyed the division on smackdown

Until WWE gets more divas and balances out both brands with equal talent, title unification is the best option as the champion can travel to any brand she wants. Granted that concept failed with the unified tag titles when the Hart Dynasty won them, but I doubt they'll do the same with the divas

I expect Melina to win both titles at Night of champions

Having two Diva weight titles is just so stupid. How many Divas are on each show like 4 or 5? There are not even enough divas to have different feuds. We always see the same people fighting, there is no story behind any diva matches, and there are only a few divas out of the ten that are good at wrestling. They need to have one title and have the champion go on each show opening up new feuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back