Lawsuits against Apple and the iPhone 4

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Apple may have offered a solution to faulty antenna allegations, but that hasn't stopped customers from getting the courts involved.

On Friday yet another lawsuit was filed against Apple for "misrepresenting and concealing material information in the marketing, advertising, sale, and servicing of its iPhone 4--particularly as it relates to the quality of the mobile phone antenna and reception and related software."

The suit was filed on behalf of Steve Tietze and others in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and is seeking class action status. Tietze accuses Apple of unfair competition, false and misleading advertising, breach of warranty, and violation of the Consumer Legal Remedies Act.

On Wednesday a suit was filed on behalf of two iPhone 4 owners in Maryland, and is also seeking class action status. iPhone 4 owners in New Jersey and Massachusetts have also filed similar suits.

These suits are latching on to the reported issue some customers are having with signal loss when the iPhone 4 is gripped in a certain way. It's been suggested the problem is tied to the iPhone 4's design, which incorporates the cellular radio into the metal band running on the outside of the phone, right where most people put their hands when holding the device. At first, Apple said this was a problem common to any phone and suggested buying a rubber case or holding the phone differently.

But then the company changed its story. Apple put out a statement Friday morning in which it claims the problem stems from the phone's software erroneously calculating signal bar strength. Apple promised a software update to fix it soon, and said anyone who wanted to return their new device could do so for a full refund.

Not everyone is buying that, however, and Apple's varied explanations for the problem are likely to be brought up if these cases every make it to trial.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20009625-260.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Here's an idea. If you don't like the reception, DON'T BUY THE GOD DAMN PHONE!

Holy fuck, there are some really stupid people in this world. And the fact a judge even lets someone file this in their court speaks to their intelligence. This is just nonsense run amok, and I hope Apple files countersuits and puts these people in the poor house. I don't usually side with big business, but this is just asinine. Suing because you don't like the product you bought?

DON'T BUY THE GOD DAMN PHONE!

Or...

DON'T HOLD THE GOD DAMN PHONE IN THE ONE SMALL WAY IT CAUSES RECEPTION LOSS!!!

Either way. Again, stupidity rears its ugly head in America.

And things like THIS are the reason the court system is so fucked up. People see a chance to make some money off Apple who very wel may just pay them to go away. BUt hey, let's keep some suit with some merit out of court for this.

It's related to the antenna band, supposedly. The metal frame around the front of the phone is part of that system. Just like any antenna, you should try not to touch it directly. You can get any old case for the phone that helps prevent the problem.

Apple is getting sued because AT&T service sucks? Fucking America.

Whats the way to hold it, that causes it to lose reception?

Apparently if you hold it in the bottom left corner, it causes the display to show a loss of signal. There are conflicting reports if it really loses signal, or just shows that it loses signal on the phone, but that's the problem. I've noticed it a couple of times.

Then I just moved the phone to my right hand, and all was well with the world. Difficult really.

It is quite a massive design flaw but pssh, take it back or something.
It's a design flaw only if it actually causes it to lose reception. I believe Apple has come out and said that it isn't actually causing reception interference, but rather just showing it has interference. Which would make it a software problem, not a hardware problem, and thus, easily fixed.

Of course, that won't stop greedy ass people from trying to get money they haven't earned.

If it's a software problem indeed it is easily fixed, Apple would just need to introduce a Itunes implicated patch.

And even from a hardware problem perspective, I think it's pretty saddening to see people crying over reception loss, I mean how much reception could they truly loose, and how would it truly ruin their lives? not a chance.

If it's a software problem indeed it is easily fixed, Apple would just need to introduce a Itunes implicated patch.

And even from a hardware problem perspective, I think it's pretty saddening to see people crying over reception loss, I mean how much reception could they truly loose, and how would it truly ruin their lives? not a chance.

I've gone from a display of full 5 bars down to 1 bar before. So, it can be drastic.

Then I just changed my phone to my other hand and 2 seconds later had full strength again. You know, because I'm not an idiot.

Ah very well, yeah I have to admit even on the 3G I've experienced loss of connection all of a sudden, fixed it with a restart nonetheless.

And even with that my world didn't die because I didn't have connection for 5-10 minutes before I figured I might as well try and restart it, and I'm 18, my world usually should revolve around a phone.

Yeah, I tried that, and such, so a restart fixed it for me, I hardly ever have it turned off any way, I never let it run out of batteries etc. so sometimes I need to do a restart.

I love and hate how stupid people are. I love it because it is hilarious and I hate it because it is sad. People are always looking for that way to complain about a company in court and it is fucking ridiculous.

I hope the judge doesn't even waste his time with this case.

Fuck, if you don't like the phone, sell it at double its value on Craigslist.

Apparently if you hold it in the bottom left corner, it causes the display to show a loss of signal. There are conflicting reports if it really loses signal, or just shows that it loses signal on the phone, but that's the problem. I've noticed it a couple of times.

Then I just moved the phone to my right hand, and all was well with the world. Difficult really.

I might have misinterpreted this, but does this mean left-handed people will have a problem with reception? If so, I'm fucked.

I might have misinterpreted this, but does this mean left-handed people will have a problem with reception? If so, I'm fucked.

No, it means people who hold the phone in their left hand will have a problem with reception. But, here's a great idea.

HOLD THE DAMN PHONE IN YOUR RIGHT HAND!

Or get a Bluetooth earpiece, like I have.

No, it means people who hold the phone in their left hand will have a problem with reception. But, here's a great idea.

HOLD THE DAMN PHONE IN YOUR RIGHT HAND!

Or get a Bluetooth earpiece, like I have.

But Sly, that would make sense.

I can understand people having an issue with it and being mad, but a lawsuit is ridiculous. Just take the damn thing back or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back