• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Late Night

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
With all of the changes coming up, I hadn't realized that Conan O'Brien will be leaving Late Night after February. I'm a fan of his and for the life of me can't imagine him as the host of the Tonight Show. His comedy works so much better on late night than it does for the main stream audience that Leno shoots for. Throw in Jimmy Fallon taking over for him as host of Late Night and I'm not sure how this is going to work. With Leno taking over as the host of a new 10 pm show, things could be very interesting indeed. However, I just can't picture it working as Conan's style just is better suited for being on the air late at night. So what do you think? Could it work?

Well with the troubled times in the economy, it makes sense to throw Leno out a bit early. The man is easy to connect with the mainstream audience, much more than Conan is. Leno is pretty loved, and makes people feel at ease. He will be taking an hour away from prime time, but in all likelihood, he deserves it, love him or hate him. Conana now taking over the Tonight Show is something. With all the prestige that brings with it, he should be happy to get it. He was picked by Leno to take it, but I had assumed Leno was leaving. I just don't understand why they didn't just move the time slots.

As I'm sure you know, what the deal was is that Conan's contract was going to be up and NBC obviously wanted to keep him. When Carson retired there was a lot of bs between Leno and Letterman over who would get the job so to avoid that from ever happening again Leno agreed to have Conan take over the Tonight Show. Meanwhile Leno was then rumored to at some point switch over to ABC or possibly even fox, hence NBC not wanting to lose him either and therefore give him the new slot. Sure it would have made sense in theory to just switch time slots but with all of the kindness that Leno is doing by allowing Conan to stay with the station while sacrificing his own position (partially forced I'm sure) I think that he deserves to still be before Conan even though Conan's show (the tonight show) will be considered the most prestigious one.

I'm a fan of all of the late night hosts and switch off which I watch based on what I'm doing, who the guests are, etc so I'll definitely give Fallon a shot even though it will understandably take awhile to get into a groove. I pathetically watch too much tv as is but it helps me save money so now I'll have the option of always being able to be able to watch Leno if need be at the 9 o'clock hour (in my timezone) if the other shows at that time aren't overly appealing or are repeats.

Sorry to ramble. It's just my random thoughts on the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back